• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Not a real giveaway, do NOT take the code, testing.
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-6669D1F2A5841074 - Taken by Stumpokapow - Taken by Stumpokapow - Taken by Stumpokapow - Taken by Stumpokapow - Taken by Stumpokapow

Turfster

I wonder how many people will just see the code and try anyway...
Anyway, the sale needs to happen, because I bought another mystery card... for no really good reason. Save me from myself, lord Gaben.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Not a real giveaway, do NOT take the code, testing.
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-6669D1F2A5841074 - Taken by Stumpokapow - Taken by Stumpokapow - Taken by Stumpokapow - Taken by Stumpokapow - Taken by Kabouter - Taken by Kabouter - Taken by Kabouter - Taken by Kabouter - Taken by Kabouter

The one time I spot one of these being posted and it's not even real!

First you get a code which is a coupon, that makes the 10$ price go to 0$. Then you checkout and you receive the code for steam. No CC details, etc
I mean, once you complete the checkout and you receive the order email, it says this

Item Quantity Line Price
Anomaly: Warzone Earth
S/N: Bunch of numbers and letters
Personal Purchase 1 £0.00
Total: £0.00
Includes £0.00 Vat

Would that be the key I use to activate?

Overdoziz

Banned
I mean, once you complete the checkout and you receive the order email, it says this

Item Quantity Line Price
Includes £0.00 Vat

Try it out?

73V3N

Banned
I wonder how many people will just see the code and try anyway...
Anyway, the sale needs to happen, because I bought another mystery card... for no really good reason. Save me from myself, lord Gaben.

I just did that too.
WTH is wrong with me.

Now I don't know what I want them to be;
If they are useful, prices will go up, and I may resell them, but if they are useful I may also want to get the rest and since prices would have gone up.. that would be expensive :(

If they are not that useful, prices will go down and I just spent $2 in nothing.

Item Quantity Line Price
Includes £0.00 Vat

Yes, it is.

Turfster

Try it out?

I think he wants to use it in a trade.

Now I don't know what I want them to be;
If they are useful, prices will go up, and I may resell them, but if they are useful I may also want to get the rest and since prices would have gone up.. that would be expensive :(

If they are not that useful, prices will go down and I just spent $2 in nothing.

Exactly. Plus I got a duplicate one from a badge, which makes it even worse.
Do you need to get all 10? Are there 2 sets of 5? Do you need multiple of the same card?
I have trouble sleeping, these questions keep me up at night!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Weird, Modbot edited my quote but not Stump's original post. Also, you suck Kabouter!

Yeah that is weird I'm looking into that. Also while it edited it out and sent me a receipt, it didn't mark the claim right due to a change in the code because I want to support a way to limit entries to people who haven't won in the last week, not just people who haven't won at all.

Please don't run any giveaways right now I'm doing some coding

MikeDown

Banned
Assassin's Creed IV looks like a joke, but those games don't appeal to me in the slightest. Jase don't hurt me.

Every Assassin's Creed after the first one was a joke. Especially AC2, in that game they dumbed down the AI so much, there is no challenge to it. Furthermore they removed the ability to plan out your assassinations. That is what I loved so much about AC, is that you had multiple paths to get to the target and multiple ambush spots, in AC2 I distinctly remember for one assassination you were forced to stand still and shoot some guy on a boat. There is no fun to that! And the story is absolutely bullocks! What is going on over at Ubisoft, are they watching too much Ancient Aliens?!?!? In AC3 I did find the naval combat pretty fun, well at least it was that way before I started playing Empire Total War. Naval combat in that game just makes AC3's look silly. And the protagonists in the series for me come off pretty flat personality wise and then at times they sorta act like doushebags, which is a turn off. Connor did seem the least like a doushebag though. At anyrate ACIV just seems like a cheep attempt to continue the franchise by focusing on what was arguably AC3's best feature. *End Rant Mode

Edit: Oh but the soundtrack for 1 and 3 were pretty good. Hoping IV has some naval themes reminiscent to Pirates of the Caribbean.

Yeah that is weird I'm looking into that. Also while it edited it out and sent me a receipt, it didn't mark the claim right due to a change in the code because I want to support a way to limit entries to people who haven't won in the last week, not just people who haven't won at all.

Oh, I didn't know that ModBot can prevent people that already won a code. That's great, there will be a lot less greedy claims that way!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Every Assassin's Creed after the first one was a joke. Especially AC2, in that game they dumbed down the AI so much, there is no challenge to it. Furthermore they removed the ability to plan out your assassinations. That is what I loved so much about AC, is that you had multiple paths to get to the target and multiple ambush spots, in AC2 I distinctly remember for one assassination you were forced to stand still and shoot some guy on a boat. There is no fun to that! And the story is absolutely bullocks! What is going on over at Ubisoft, are they watching too much Ancient Aliens?!?!? In AC3 I did find the naval combat pretty fun, well at least it was that way before I started playing Empire Total War. Naval combat in that game just makes AC3's look silly. And the protagonists in the series for me come off pretty flat personality wise and then at times they sorta act like doushebags, which is a turn off. Connor did seem the least like a doushebag though. At anyrate ACIV just seems like a cheep attempt to continue the franchise by focusing on what was arguably AC3's best feature. *End Rant Mode

This is said to be making a return with Black Flag. I don't think Ubi has offered much in the way of details, though.

So we aren't allowed to post random keys anymore?

Anustart

I wanna know why the hell Super Meat Boy got 3 different Meat Boy cards and not a single Brownie card :( Missed the boat on that one team meat.

What. The. Fuck.

I just added 5 euro to my Steam wallet to buy the last few mystery cards I was needing. Well, turns out Valve thinks it's a smart move to block my fucking access to the marketplace FOR A WEEK since I used Paypal and not the Visa I usually use. This is such bullshit and not the way to treat a customer. This is the first time Valves handling of Steam really pisses me off.

smr00

Banned
What. The. Fuck.

I just added 5 euro to my Steam wallet to buy the last few mystery cards I was needing. Well, turns out Valve thinks it's a smart move to block my fucking access to the marketplace FOR A WEEK since I used Paypal and not the Visa I usually use. This is such bullshit and not the way to treat a customer. This is the first time Valves handling of Steam really pisses me off.
Mystery Cards are numbered? Mine just say "Mystery card"

Sigh. If anyone can help me out by buying and trading me the last three cards I need, I can gift you something of equal value on Steam that you might want.

Zia

Two STC / Market questions: is there a way to see your total Market earnings? You know, aside from tallying them all up. Also, on your profile page it includes a badge in addition to your achievement progress under any game you've been playing. If you've crafted a foil badge in addition to the standard badge, which does it display? I never intend to craft a foil badge, just curious.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What. The. Fuck.

It's an anti-fraud measure. As unfortunate as that is, Valve has to be more careful with regard to the Steam Market since it's other users that suffer if the money they've received is discovered to be from an unauthorised source.

In the meantime, you can send a trusted friend a few Eurobucks via PayPal and have them buy the missing cards for you.

frozzted

I have all the regular numbered mystery cards now. Someone please shame me! I will laugh (and Picard face palm myself) if they end up being nothing much.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
So I got Star Trek: D-A-C in the mail today and activated it on Steam. Figured I'd take a look at the hub, and I'm glad I did:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/4320

Keep scrolling. And scrolling. And scrolling. Eric the Defiant fucking loves Star Trek!

cicero

Still trying to get my free copy of Anomaly: Warzone Earth. Keep getting this error message as I reach the end of the checkout process though "Invalid query: Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom