• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
JaseC what does the ES show to you? I assume that 149$ is not what I spent. I only had $5 on my wallet before the market and only sold and bought cards via market and one or two TF2 items under a dollar.

I use Firefox and it seems Mozilla hasn't uploaded 3.9 just yet.

Echoplx

JaseC what does the ES show to you? I assume that 149$ is not what I spent. I only had $5 on my wallet before the market and only sold and bought cards via market and one or two TF2 items under a dollar.

Also the account page has a listing of items you purchased and sold via market. But you'll have to do the math yourself.

I just double checked, it adds all market purchases for me, I used ctrl+f "purchase" to verify and it was the correct amount.

EDIT: I just saw you are not American, I read earlier that it was bugged and just stuck the $ sign in front regardless of you currency. that might be the cause.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Might have something to do with retail release dates and 2K not wanting to rock the boat with stores.

That would've made sense if it wasn't a steamworks game, but somehow locking the game (even in steamworks) seems... weird.

I mean surely non-NA players can spot bugs too!

I just double checked, it adds all market purchases for me, I used ctrl+f "purchase" to verify and it was the correct amount.

EDIT: I just saw you are not American, I read earlier that it was bugged and just stuck the $ sign in front regardless of you currency. that might be the cause.

I solved the issue, Steam doesn't convert the currencies on the list, so I have dollars, pounds, reals and rubles on the list. And that adds to 149,19. Also it is not everything bought by me but it includes things sold by me too.

Might have something to do with retail release dates and 2K not wanting to rock the boat with stores.

Probably, but pretty much every store around here is already selling the game. Even those that usually stick to street dates. Yet it's still locked in Steam for me. Somewhat strange situation.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
I sure hope Valve will let me do something with this wall of Dota 2 invites I have in my inventory now. Maybe craft them into a "We gave you more invites than you have friends because you have no friends" badge. 100xp for being socially inept? Sounds good to me.

JaseC

I sure hope Valve will let me do something with this wall of Dota 2 invites I have in my inventory now. Maybe craft them into a "We gave you more invites than you have friends because you have no friends" badge. 100xp for being socially inept? Sounds good to me.

You can delete them!

You chose a great time to come back.

First sale is always fun. :)

It was a serendipitous combination of events-- my new gaming rig (courtesy of Hazaro's thread), the Sonic free weekend, the 500% increase in my internet speeds-- that drove me to log into my years-abandoned account.

I've spent my time having my fill of DRM-free games, but it seems like SteamGAF is a great community to game with.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.

That would be crap.
I've deleted like twenty of them.

FloatOn

I don't think R* will announce a PC version until 2-3 months after the console versions hit the shelves, much like GTAIV's PC port.

This is a different time. I would like to think PC gaming is a bit more popular and lucrative for developers these days.

Then again we are talking about the company that gave us a port of LA Noire instead of Red Dead.

This is a different time. I would like to think PC gaming is a bit more popular and lucrative for developers these days.

Then again we are talking about the company that gave us a port of LA Noire instead of Red Dead.

I'm with JaseC, if anything I'd back a PS4 announcement a couple of months after release and then maybe PC after that.

JaseC

I've long held the opinion that Max Payne 3's near-simultaneous PC and console launch was R* testing the waters thereof, and since the game's commercial performance didn't align with Take-Two's expectations, future PC releases will again be needlessly late.

GTAV was announced more than 18 months ago now, so I think it's safe to say that if we were getting a PC version soon after September, R* would have said something.

Jimca2

Neo Member
My bet is it will start this weekend on July 12th, the same date as last year. I'd also love for DayZ standalone to begin pre-orders on the same date. It would truly make a nice weekend.

PriitV

Did I break something?
sS1q0W3.png

Tomodachi

JaseC

Aww, I missed the Left 4 Dead 2 sale. Anyone got a spare copy I can buy?

If you want it really badly and don't mind paying a few more bucks, several people are selling copies via TF2 Outpost for 4-5 TF2/Dota 2 keys.

imBask

Banned
I blame GMT+1.

It only shows the changelog if steam is already opened and it asks you to reboot it to apply the update, I guess.

Anyway, did anyone figure how come this update was so big? I'm not an expert but I don't see any fix that could justify 100MB :O

high definition images for an overlay?
STEAM SALES CONFIRMED

Steam offline mode success story! Big storm here in Toronto and power had been out since about 6PM last night. Hopped onto my laptop and loaded Steam to play some Super Hexagon, then earlier this morning when power came back but internet was still down, I played some Killing Floor in offline mode on my desktop.

So yeah, take that always online DRM apologists I guess.

Woo, I've waited patiently for this and eschewed the 360 version so as to not burn myself out for the PC release.

derExperte

It only shows the changelog if steam is already opened and it asks you to reboot it to apply the update, I guess.

I don't understand, what do you mean by 'already opened'? I hope you're not implying you're not running Steam 24/7. Because we don't like those kind of people in here.

Did I break something?
http://i.imgur.com/sS1q0W3.png[/I MG][/QUOTE]

Steam is trying to protect you from B2. Heed the warnings.

Tomodachi

I don't understand, what do you mean by 'already opened'? I hope you're not implying you're not running Steam 24/7. Because we don't like those kind of people in here.
Of course not, that would be folly, haha, how could anyone close Steam for even one second? Crazy talk!

I turn off my pc when I'm sleeping :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom