• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

omg_mjd

Was there ever any clue or indication that we might get Dragon's Dogma on Steam? (Aside from the fact that it runs on the same engine as other Capcom games that got PC versions.)

Nabs

Was there ever any clue or indication that we might get Dragon's Dogma on Steam? (Aside from the fact that it runs on the same engine as other Capcom games that got PC versions.)

They fucked up and hinted it, but nothing concrete. Don't listen to JaseC. He just wants to play with your heart.

Cap USA wants them to port it, but Japan hates money.

Dawg

No.

Capcom hates us.

TODAY I WOKE UP AND LOOKED OUTSIDE AGAIN BUT THE SKY LOOKED THE SAME TO ME ;_:

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Capcom UK apparently confirmed a PC version late last year, however the tweet was quickly retracted. Also, there's one untitled app in Capcom's compilation package, but it's probably Ducktales.

The former, I think, wasn't a stuff-up at all. A PC port will be announced eventually.

They fucked up and hinted it, but nothing concrete. Don't listen to JaseC. He just wants to play with your heart.

Cap USA wants them to port it, but Japan hates money.

Well, it's not going to happen with that attitude. :p

Milamber

Very big, 30 GBs big.
Fantastic. Looks great and runs well even on modest systems.
So we can hopefully expect a 100 GB GTA V that runs like butter then. Also...
t1373378400z1.png

...until gameplay reveal. And hopefully a Steam logo in the end.

JaseC

t1373378400z1.png

Rockstar's less-than-enviable history with current-gen PC ports doesn't fill me with confidence. It could include all the TF2 promo hats in the world with the Steam pre-purchase and I'd still have strong reservations about pre-ordering.

Nabs

It's not like they are going to announce a port now. You'll have to wait until sales die out for the PC/Next Gen announcement.

Acorn

Rockstar's less-than-enviable history with current-gen PC ports doesn't fill me with confidence. It could include all the TF2 promo hats in the world with the Steam pre-purchase and I'd still have strong reservations about pre-ordering.

You'd still own it at some point Jase, don't lie :p

I asked this once before but it got lost in the madness. If I uninstall a game(via right clicking and selecting Delete Local Content) will it also delete my Save files for that game? In other words, do I have to manually back up save files beforehand or will Steam leave them untouched?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

But what if MP3 is the start of a trend?

JaseC

I asked this once before but it got lost in the madness. If I uninstall a game(via right clicking and selecting Delete Local Content) will it also delete my Save files for that game? In other words, do I have to manually back up save files beforehand or will Steam leave them untouched?

Only the game's folder in steamapps will be deleted.

But what if MP3 is the start of a trend?

That's something we're not going to know until after release, unless the retail version doesn't use Steamworks and leaks.

I've never lost a save from doing that, but it could depend on the game. If it's not a steam cloud game it's probably worth backing it up (or using game save manager to do it for you).

Don't expect to see someone playing GTA5. R* never in their history showed gameplay of GTA before the release. The best we'll get is in engine footage, from cinematic type cameras

t1373378400z1.png

I assume it will not be on PC for a long time and if it is the price will be another CoD seeing a maximum of 25% sale after a year. So I'll probably get it at 2015-2016.

Acorn

I assume it will not be on PC for a long time and if it is the price will be another CoD seeing a maximum of 25% sale after a year. So I'll probably get it at 2015-2016.

Dunno I can see a next gen version for 2014 around xmas, I'd suspect a pc version would come at the same time.

Milamber

I'm pretty confident that us PC users won't get a day and date simul-release, I'm just more worried about said quality of porting to PC.

smr00

Banned
L.A. Noire doesn't fill me with confidence.
I assume you are talking about port quality and if so i urge you to go play MP3 and come back and tell me you don't have confidence.

LA Noire wasn't even made by Rockstar nor did it use the engine that the new GTA is using.

coopolon

How do you uninstall games that had free weekends? I can't find it in my list of games, when I try to do it via windows add/remove programs it goes to steam which then gives me an error. I can just delete the files but I want it removed from the registry as well

Edit: I guess nevermind? After re-opening add/remove programs sonic isn't there anymore. But the files are still there. But as long as it's out of the registry I guess I can just manually delete the files.

How is it supposed to work though?

JaseC

I assume you are talking about port quality and if so i urge you to go play MP3 and come back and tell me you don't have confidence.

LA Noire wasn't even made by Rockstar nor did it use the engine that the new GTA is using.

Eurogamer's Richard Leadbetter seems to believe that either the game uses RAGE or RAGE tech was implemented into Team Bondi's own engine when R* took the publishing reins from Sony, however he never did follow this up with R* itself, so it's merely an assumption. Given Noire's turbulent development cycle, it's hard to say just how far along the game was when Sony walked away.

As for the bold in particular, the PC port was handled by R* Leeds, so there's that.

crushed. I should have listened to Jase.

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that, I'd have... one dollar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom