• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulation :)
Nice to see that it works to give away Steam gifts too.

For anyone wondering, you get a Steam gift link from gifting to your own mail.
You can only gift one copy of each game to your mail, so you might want to use a disposable temp mail service for multiple copies of one game.

That would be useful to know in the future! Thanks!

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I don't remember discount going past -75% on steam. Is that right?

I remember one of the steam sales the Half Life stuff went on sale for 90% off, but honestly the difference between 75% and 90% don't amount to much in this case. It happens though.

Officially speaking, it's no longer in beta, but practically speaking, since there's now a queue so Valve doesn't fall behind in server capacity, the game has essentially gone back a few steps to the early days of the beta, where you waited to be invited by Valve itself. :p

Ah, interesting. Although, I figured that by now everyone who wants to play it managed to get an invitation.

In completely unrelated news, I kinda regret adding Shadow Warrior Classic from that giveaway on facebook to my library, now that Redux is out :/

My wallet is already open, my mind is still holding but an errant breeze may yet snatch the cash from it's safehaven. So ready for this steam sale. The worst part is holding out to untill the end of the sale so you can get the best deal possible.

Chronoja

Ah, interesting. Although, I figured that by now everyone who wants to play it managed to get an invitation.

In completely unrelated news, I kinda regret adding Shadow Warrior Classic from that giveaway on facebook to my library, now that Redux is out :/

I thought the SWC keys no longer worked on steam since it's now free?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Congratulation :)
Nice to see that it works to give away Steam gifts too.

For anyone wondering, you get a Steam gift link from gifting to your own mail.
You can only gift one copy of each game to your mail, so you might want to use a disposable temp mail service for multiple copies of one game.

Good thinking! You can actually gift multiple copies of the one game to the same e-mail address if you remove the ?redeemer=your-email-address-here portion of the URL.

Here's another Steam gift test:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--five or fewer posts in the Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gateways -- MB-FA046D463D1EB13A - Taken by Addnan

I thought the SWC keys no longer worked on steam since it's now free?

I was one of the lucky few who got them before the fb promotion got flooded and now it's linked to my account for ever!

Seriously though, I'm not sure if it's the same for everyone but my Shadow Warrior Classic (1997) entry stays even after I deinstall it.

#newaccountwoes

Good thinking! You can actually gift multiple copies of the one game to the same e-mail address if you remove ?redeemer=your-email-address-here portion of the URL.

Here's another Steam gift test:

I'm not sure you can, since it's in Steams system?
I mean, I can't remove that portion of the URL in Steams own automated mail can I?
It will also say who the recipient is in the description box for the gift in the inventory.

Please enlighten me otherwise, I've done some multiple gifting to the same person and it's really bothersome using different mails for each gift :p

JaseC

I was one of the lucky few who got them before the fb promotion got flooded and now it's linked to my account for ever!

Seriously though, I'm not sure if it's the same for everyone but my Shadow Warrior Classic (1997) entry stays even after I deinstall it.

#newaccountwoes

It's supposed to hang around; by registering the key you tied to the sub to your account.

catabarez

So annoyed that I can't get SAW on Steam anymore. I've been looking around and it seems like this game was Steam only, the problem is finding a new copy of the game.

Bizzity

Good morning everyone! I have a Hotline Miami for someone here.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--five or fewer posts in the Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hotline Miami -- MB-2677619A9865ABB2 - Taken by woo and indeed hoo

JaseC

I'm not sure you can, since it's in Steams system?
I mean, I can't remove that portion of the URL in Steams own automated mail can I?
It will also say who the recipient is in the description box for the gift in the inventory.

Please enlighten me otherwise, I've done some multiple gifting to the same person and it's really bothersome using different mails for each gift :p

You can just copy/paste the https://store.steampowered.com/account/ackgift/RANDOMSTRINGHERE portion of the URL that's included in the e-mail. The copy of Gateways I gave away above is the second I've sent to my e-mail address (like the dumbarse I am, I redeemed the first one, minus the redeemer segment of the URL, and now I have a copy collecting dust in my inventory, haha).

You can just copy/paste the https://store.steampowered.com/account/ackgift/RANDOMSTRINGHERE portion of the URL that's included in the e-mail. The copy of Gateways I gave away above is the second I've sent to my e-mail address (like the dumbarse I am, I redeemed the first one, minus the redeemer segment of the URL, and now I have a copy collecting dust in my inventory, haha).

Oh yeah, I missed to point that out.
You actually can gift multiple copies of a specific game to one mail, but not at the same time.
In other words, if you have an unredeemed gift sent to dunderanonymous@warmletter.go , you will not be able to send a gift of the same game to that mail until it's redeemed.

Well, I wrote to the ModBot, did you get it though? Not sure if it's working.

Fear not kind sir it is sitting in my library as we speak! :D

Tempted to give it a play now but I've done nothing since I got up but sit in front of this screen. So a date with Hotline Miami this evening is a sure thing :). It will make a *ahem* change of pace from Eufloria!

EDIT - sorry Thrakier i r dumb [thought I was replying to Bizzity

Chronoja

The only keys released for the game were the ones briefly available via the Facebook promotion he mentioned.

Turns out I misread the post. I thought he added a key to a giveaway here on steam for someone else to use, that's why I was confused.. Silly me.

JaseC

Turns out I misread the post. I thought he added a key to a giveaway here on steam for someone else to use, that's why I was confused.. Silly me.

Ah, haha. Incidentally, Devolver did kill the unused keys from the Facebook promo: a few GAFers tried to redeem their keys some hours later and found that they were invalid.

Therion

I've been looking forward to trying out this Modbot thing. Also, very cool that it seems to work with gifts. I was thinking of buying gift copies of some of my favorite games during the sale to spread the love, and this should make the process much easier.

ModBot said:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Defense Grid -- MB-A1E69FB9F08A721E - Taken by The_Monk
Magicka The Stars Are Left DLC -- MB-B2F27EF6AC2A885F - Taken by Baron von Loathsome
Magicka Collection -- MB-C13B107AA04B9F98 - Taken by DeadlyVirus

I've been looking forward to trying out this Modbot thing. Also, very cool that it seems to work with gifts. I was thinking of buying gift copies of some of my favorite games during the sale to spread the love, and this should make the process much easier.

Got Magicka Collection. Thanks!

The_Monk

I got Defense Grid, thank you kind fellow GAFfer! Love this game, tried playing iBomber Defense but it's a bit simple to be honest.

Copons

It seems to work! Nnnnnnice!

ModBot said:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Hotline Miami -- MB-98049D9567A8BF2A - Taken by DeadlyVirus
Indie Game The Movie -- MB-906BE986B1D1EB70 - Taken by Alien Bob
Cave Story -- MB-E1BF4095F09FCC03 - Taken by PandaPedinte

I feel kinda bad taking 2 ame in such a short period of time, but I really wanted Hotline. Thanks!

I'll give other people a chance, and I hope to have stuff to give back after the summer sale

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Thanks for Indie Game The Movie. I wanted it because I wanted it and now I have it which is a good thing.

Also ModBot is the greatest.

JaseC

Or all the Sleeping Dogs Stuff for -91% :D

That was a mistake, though, and only lasted an hour or two. It'd certainly be one of the better examples if it were intentional!

I'm hoping for some sort of "Where in the World is Sour Ice Ronan" minigame, using the cards to advance groups of players ahead on a map to the next destination, and bullshit hard trivia questions.

tumblr_mkuif7pd0a1qb6ghsbq.gif

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I want to spend the money I made selling cards on buying the Skyrim DLC. That's all. It's a reasonable request, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom