• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've always wanted a lego game that was just lego and I could build it, sort of like minecraft but with lego and less objectives. Does the mysterious card lego plane thing make this a possible future reality ?

You should check out Blockland. Similar to what you're asking for.

Alien8

Alice Madness Returns DOTD $4.99

Worth it?

Alice is £3.74 in the uk

Total bullshit
ZvbbhoR.png

I love
hate
you, EA.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
As usual, the game is Cheaper in Brazil: 8.75 reais, which translates to 3.85 USD. However, paypal taxes are a bitch and it would come to 4.50~5 USD since you can't gift money to Brazil from the US or non-latinamerica countries, it seems.

Dawg

Does PayPal not support bank account linking in your region? Even if it does, you'll obviously miss the Daily, but at least you're set for the future.

Just ask a kind gaffer to gift it while you link your bank account. I'm sure someone is willing to do it.

Does PayPal not support bank account linking in your region? Even if it does, you'll obviously miss the Daily, but at least you're set for the future.
Last time I looked into it it hadn't and I remember it being a huge hassle. Won't hurt to take a look to see if anything's changed when I get back from doing some chores tonight.

fokkusu

As usual, the game is Cheaper in Brazil: 8.75 reais, which translates to 3.85 USD. However, paypal taxes are a bitch and it would come to 4.50~5 USD since you can't gift money to Brazil from the US or non-latinamerica countries, it seems.

Can you help fellow gaffer? :)

allansm

It's a good game, bit repetitive but otherwise ok. However I assume this version doesn't include the original game.

I found it to be extremely repetitive, not just a bit. I played it for 4 hours and just couldn't stand it anymore, it felt that I was doing the same things over and over since the first 30-40 minutes.

Dawg

Last time I looked into it it hadn't and I remember it being a huge hassle. Won't hurt to take a look to see if anything's changed when I get back from doing some chores tonight.

It changed. You have to link everything and I believe you have to send them like €2 or something to verify, but they will give it back later or something.

fokkusu

I found it to be extremely repetitive, not just a bit. I played it for 4 hours and just couldn't stand it anymore, it felt that I was doing the same things over and over since the first 30-40 minutes.

Well, it's like Assassin's Creed 1, if you like the game world it keeps you going :)

There is a 70% off sale on NFS (and burnout).
Probably worth waiting for the 75% during the summer sale?

Also, as far as racing games, what is a good arcade racer? I was thinking of getting burnout paradise, due to the sheer amount of content, but is Hot Pursuit (also made by Criterion) better? Mostly I care about variety and the more ridiculous the driving/action, the better. Also, how is the MP in these games, near dead I'm assuming?

Deliverance

Neo Member
Anyone tried Skulls of the Shogun? Is it worth it? I'm thinking about preordering, considering that selling its cards it'll be as if it was around a 50% off... Is it fun?

Turfster

Yesterday, before I went to bed, I read some rumors about Steam installing some rootkit-like software since the latest update.

Any news about this?
Repeating my statement from yesterday:
So basically, perfectly normal and acceptable behavior for a program protecting its own process (and other processes spawned by that process) while running... which only broke for people trying to actively break the normal working of other programs...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There is a 70% off sale on NFS (and burnout).
Probably worth waiting for the 75% during the summer sale?

They have been 75% off in the past so the figure rearing its head again during the Summer Sale is a distinct possibility, but even so you're saving peanuts; for example, on Steam US, the most expensive NFS game is $20 and the difference between a discount of 70% and 75% is a single dollar.

HoosTrax

It's something called iDeal. I hope some other Dutchman can explain how it works exactly compared to other bank transfer stuff because I've no idea honestly.
I see. Just wondering because for US Steam customers, the others are either Paypal or any of about 6 credit card options -- I've never seen a cash-based option (other than Steam wallet cards).

feel

Played a little of Half Life 1 for the first time(not counting Black Mesa). Graphics are better than I expected, looks better than NOLF...and possibly on par with Deus Ex, if not better. All the scientists look the same. I can't even tell if any of these guys are the main characters from HL2. I only have the crowbar and pistol at the moment. Compared to HL2, the crowbar seems worse, but the pistol is much better. I actually enjoy using the pistol here.

I can't seem to get used to Gordon's movement. He moves a little too fast for my liking, especially when I'm trying to do small movements for first person platforming or going down holes. Oh well, it'll probably just take some time to get adjusted.

Overall, pretty surprised how little has changed gameplay wise. I recently played some Shadow Warrior and Duke Nukem 3D, and HL1 definitely seems more modern.
Hold shift to walk!

I finished my first Half-Life 1 replay in almost a decade recently, still holds up very well. What a game, even enjoyed Xen! Played through Blue Shift for the first time ever right after and really enjoyed it too. Currently playing Opposing Force (also 1st time), great so far one hour in. In a HL mood and looking to play something other than the HL2saga which I've played countless times already, so I will play Minerva Metastatis next (fan made HL2 campaign, guy now works for Valve because of it afaik), it's supposed to be great.

M.D

Should I buy Burnout? I don't think I ever heard someone say something bad about Paradise, but I even know what type of game it is

Tobinishi

I'll assume you're on Nvidia here, but go into the Nvidia Control Panel, go to "Manage 3D settings" in the navigation tree on the left, select the "Program Details" tab in the main view, then check out the dropdown menu there. If the SMB executable isn't there, add it using the button next to the dropdown menu, then once that's done scroll down the list and select Vsync and change it from "Use global setting" to "On". Hit apply, and SMB should start up with vsync enabled.

Thx a lot. Enabled Vsync and switched to a lower resolution and now i was finally able to finish the level :). Only Dark world cotton alley left ;)

I don't buy EA games on steam anymore, especially ones for which I know I'll never be able to complete the series. I also don't have origin, it's sort of liberating. Which is why I'd advise against purchasing them on steam, I may be crazy however.

I think Valve may have deleted that entire thread, it's not showing up under steam discussions and the messages I have due to subscription point to nothing and are bugged. It wasn't a non-issue but people did overreact.

Should I buy Burnout? I don't think I ever heard someone say something bad about Paradise, but I even know what type of game it is

That's what I keep asking myself.. But I have it on the PS3 with the other bells and whistles not in the PC version..

Also, I keep trying to convince myself that since that game is actually a bit ancient, by now there must surely be at least 2 or 3 games like it, that are better than it.. But apparently since Criterion has been on Need For Speed, they just haven't been delivering.

Burnout 3 PC release please.

Rafy

Hey guys, my girlfriend is American ands she is Stateside now for vacation, if I ask her to make me an account on steam there, can I use it with my paypal to buy from steam with american prices or do I need an american paypal too?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hey guys, my girlfriend is American ands she is Stateside now for vacation, if I ask her to make me an account on steam there, can I use it with my paypal to buy from steam with american prices or do I need an american paypal too?

Creating a new account wouldn't help at all. You need a payment method with a billing address located within the region you're attempting to purchase from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom