• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addnan

The Sonic All Stars configuration screen doesn't open. I need to change some settings. How do I fix?

edit: Always fixes itself when I post.

Hey guys, my girlfriend is American ands she is Stateside now for vacation, if I ask her to make me an account on steam there, can I use it with my paypal to buy from steam with american prices or do I need an american paypal too?

Have her get you Steam Wallet Cards at Gamestop.. Email the codes directly.

Though, I can't guarantee whether or not US Steam Cards are valid on other region accounts.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Have you get you Steam Wallet Cards at Gamestop.. Email the codes directly.

Though, I can't guarantee whether or not US Steam Cards are valid on other region accounts.

Steam Wallet codes from one region will work in another, it's just that the amount will be converted to the currency currently used by the account.

It means the ModBot is going to marry your nana.

ModBot's into necrophilia?

Anyway... there seems to be some interesting price-fixing going on in the Steam store at the moment.

I tried the demo for Dark Messiah of Might & Magic a while ago and I ended up enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. I was heavily into another game at the time though (Fallout: New Vegas, I think), so I just put Dark Messiah on my wishlist, rather than add to my backlog.

It’s remained for there for the last 19 months or so. Sales aside, the game’s been listed at £5.99 for as long as I can remember. Today it’s £9.99.

Maybe I’m being cynical, but I’m guessing Ubisoft are hoping that, when the games goes on sale tomorrow*, people will be fooled into thinking that, for example, a sale price of £4.99 is a far larger reduction than it really is - and will pick it up in the false belief that they’re getting a great bargain.

*please, please be tomorrow

Anustart

Question about 2-packs and gifts. I recently (30 minutes ago) climbed my way from absolute poverty (0$ to my name) to having 10 BUCKS! Since some of you members have been nice enough to give away portal 2 and nightsky to me, I'd like to return some gratitude.

If I buy a 2-pack of a game, can I get them both as gifts to give away? Never bought a 2 pack or a gift before....

Turfster

They better have cards today.
I already went through the shivers when they moved from tuesday/thursday to wednesday only... if I don't get cards today, I might do something crazy!

Question about 2-packs and gifts. I recently (30 minutes ago) climbed my way from absolute poverty (0$ to my name) to having 10 BUCKS! Since some of you members have been nice enough to give away portal 2 and nightsky to me, I'd like to return some gratitude.

If I buy a 2-pack of a game, can I get them both as gifts to give away? Never bought a 2 pack or a gift before....

Yes, they should both appear in your inventory. At least it was the case when I bought a sonic racing 4-pack.

One copy will be tied to your account AFAIK. Also, you won't be able to purchase a 2 pack if you already have the game.

Welp, now I'm not sure anymore...

NIN90

One copy will be tied to your account AFAIK. Also, you won't be able to purchase a 2 pack if you already have the game.

JaseC

No. The way 2/4-packs work is that a copy is automatically added to your account and the remaining ones stored in your inventory. This is why it's not possible to by such a pack, even as a gift, when you already own the game in question. (In fact, multi-packs can't be purchased as gift items at all.)

Anustart

No. The way 2/4-packs work is that a copy is automatically added to your account and the remaining ones stored in your inventory. This is why it's not possible to by such a pack, even as a gift, when you already own the game in question.

Damn! No wonder both Buy for myself and Buy as gift is greyed out! :(

sixthsense

Neo Member
I don't know if it is posted here already or not. AU gamers can basically bypass exchange rate (50usd = 50aud) by buying their steam wallet code through EB games rather than paying around 54 aud for 50 usd on steam.

JaseC

I don't know if it is posted here already or not. AU gamers can basically bypass exchange rate (50usd = 50aud) by buying their steam wallet code through EB games rather than paying around 54 aud for 50 usd on steam.

This is precisely what I'll be doing. With the current exchange rate, we're saving ~8c per dollar spent.

I wish EB Games offered Steam Wallet codes digitally. It feels unnecessary to have to drive to a store to purchase what is essentially a receipt.

Anustart

Next question!

Now I'm just trying to buy a single, and I see the option to store it in my inventory is there, but theres a little hitch saying it will become tradeable after an account has been in good standing for 90 days. (I've had my account for 3 years now, always in good standing I assume?)

But after that it says "This item will be tradeable on August 9th".

Wth? I really can't gift something for a month?

JaseC

Next question!

Now I'm just trying to buy a single, and I see the option to store it in my inventory is there, but theres a little hitch saying it will become tradeable after an account has been in good standing for 90 days. (I've had my account for 3 years now, always in good standing I assume?)

What are you looking to purchase?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Next question!

Did you just now added a payment option?

Good Standing is to make sure nobody will contest the charges made using your payment option. Did you recently change that?

One of my alt accounts was alive for 3 years, but it was never in good standing because it didn't have a payment option added to it until recently, which meant I had to wait a month to give gifts.

It's to protect against that exact thing: Alternate accounts (or stolen payment information accounts).

sixthsense

Neo Member
I don't have any payment method stored with steam. Just put in my credit card number every time i've bought something.

I think that might be the problem. Steam has fraud protection system that prevent you from trading whenever you enter new payment method. I am not really sure in your case though.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I just bought Alice Madness Returns. I will have now 95.01 on my wallet for the sale
AU7Amsc.gif

maty

Next question!

When was the last time you bought something from the store itself? A year ago, I had the same issue, where if you haven't bought anything for a while, it would not let you trade gifts but you could still send it via email or through your friends list

Cth

Woo hoo! Got some birthday money in the mail today! Just in time for the sale!

Anyone want a copy of Toki Tori or Penny Arcade On the Rain Slick Precipice of Darkness?

If so, PM me your steam id/email and I'll send 'em your way.

Toki Tori - Claimed by Pupi18
Penny Arcade 3 - Claimed by Clever Pun

The_Monk

I use MB so I often put new CC info and never had a problem, I gifted a game not too long ago, payed like I mentioned above and it worked just fine fellow GAFfers. And the gifted person was happy! Win-win.

derExperte

I dont think I remember the first day of steam sales actually having great sales. Usually they'd wait for the weekend

Can't that that's what I remember. Last time people hoped the deals would get better on certain days but they were all boring, weekend or no weekend. And afair there was some very good stuff on the first days in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom