• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Keep in mind, key giveaways are meant for people to experience the games.

Don't take the key if you don't want the game, are planning to give it to someone else, are planning to sell it, or are just going to pad your library.

Let someone who has a desire to play the game take the key.

KarmaCow

I'm going in brave with no wallet, just my plastic card!

Having to put in my credit card info each time to buy a game acted as a safeguard against buying into the hype of some sales.

Now I have so much money from trading cards, I'm probably going to buy a lot of garbage.

Parallacs

40 minutes! Hype level is building even though my wishlist is nearly empty.

I guess I will try to finally reach 200 games during the sale. A modest collection.

koolaroo

I only have 25 dollars in my wallet. This isn't going to have a happy ending.
I hope to walk away from this sale with Dark souls, Fallout, and Blood dragon.

PriitV

Does anyone have a list handy which contains games with recently lowered base prices? I saw the list recently, but no idea where.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I still have so many games I still need to play through,. U_U

I still have games from the last steam sale that I've barely spent any time playing. So many games, not enough time.

And yet, my wallet is ready, LOL!!!

mclem

The mystery cards will hopefully be part of some sort of meta. A treasure hunt maybe?

That'd make sense, except for the regrettable fact that I don't fully understand the card system, and I only actually have one card anyway (not 'one mystery card', just 'one card'). Besides which, I'd prefer something explicitly goal-based as opposed to 'play these games'.

Keep in mind, key giveaways are meant for people to experience the games.

Don't take the key if you don't want the game, are planning to give it to someone else, are planning to sell it, or are just going to pad your library.

Let someone who has a desire to play the game take the key.

The answer here is obvious:

When you PM Modbot to redeem a code, he sends back a questionnaire and uses your and other entrants answers to determine the most deserving candidate. Criteria will include play time in the genre of the specific game, income level of entrants, current backlog, shit like that.

I'm sure Stump can code this up in no time :)

Wunder

Hey guys, sorry if it's been asked already -- but how do I get a usable game key for a game in my Gifts section? I think I read I had to e-mail it to myself... Then what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom