• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's about 30 short minutes now from the summer sale,thought I would celebrate by giving away one of my favourite games from 2012: Xcom Enemy Unknown.
Good luck!
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

XCOM -- MB-36D9B227355E467A - Taken by Munin

jamsy

So this is my first Steam sale....

Thing is, I'm currently living in Europe and even though my original account is American, I get horrible Euro prices for games that are way more than they are back in the states...

Anyone have advice on how I should go about this without getting ripped off by paying in euros?

marrec

Banned
The answer here is obvious:

When you PM Modbot to redeem a code, he sends back a questionnaire and uses your and other entrants answers to determine the most deserving candidate. Criteria will include play time in the genre of the specific game, income level of entrants, current backlog, shit like that.

I'm sure Stump can code this up in no time :)

This is what makes ModBot realize that none of humanity is deserving of anything, much less games.

Delete this post!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hey guys, sorry if it's been asked already -- but how do I get a usable game key for a game in my Gifts section? I think I read I had to e-mail it to myself... Then what?

Use the URL mentioned in the e-mail. You don't have to worry about the portion containing your e-mail, just the token is enough.

mclem

Would the sale have a separate thread? I recall that's what we did for the GoG sale, but on the other hand there's little things that would make more sense in having this thread be the Steam Sale one.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Hey, so long as everyone remembers to use NoWinners during the Steam Sale, I don't care if a person does the Steam thread equivalent of greedily heaping as much incongruous food stuffs onto a plate that'll end up in the trash at the buffet anyway.

ModBot said:

I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Machinarium -- MB-8E4717972D1251CB
Zen Bound 2 -- MB-D08239F4F3E411A1
Cogs -- MB-9EBE78BA33BF286B
Dear Esther -- MB-B6DE7F2E61ABF76B
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-D434AB8E98E554DC
Crayon Physics Deluxe #2 -- MB-6FBDC1426820B265
Swords & Soldies HD -- MB-D2B42FF0DDBD10CE - Taken by M.D
Dungeon Defenders Plus DLC -- MB-C6D23CDA17683653
Splice -- MB-37E88EC11A033700
Avadon -- MB-FD2361BAF4B23B11
Dungeon Defenders Plus DLC #2 -- MB-2B43CCF23E40F5E6 - Taken by koolaroo

Nabs

Would the sale have a separate thread? I recall that's what we did for the GoG sale, but on the other hand there's little things that would make more sense in having this thread be the Steam Sale one.

Yes, it'll go up once Salsa wakes up.

There will be a seperate thread. This one's almost done anyway.

You say that now but by the end of the steam sale, you will have a massive hole in your wallet. I speak from experience.

But how much experience? I've seen so many Steam sales now that it all seems a bit old hat. Didn't buy very much in the last holiday or summer sales.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Bit.Trip.Runner, Jamestown, etc -- MB-CC5D677BB8D053A9 - Taken by kaleii

Martian

why do you think we're filling the 20000, son

Kydd BlaZe

This will be my first Steam sale ever. Are the games discounted by THAT much to where people accumulate 100+ game backlogs? Tremendous amount of hype in this thread. I just want to know what I'm dealing with here, lol.

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Star Wars KOTOR 2 -- MB-9381E44E96B79A60 - Taken by Spazo

going to try another one, same as the last one just PM if theres any issues!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Yeah. Even if it didn't, this topic will be full by end of day.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Dambrosi

Banned
Right, I PMed ModBot with a few codes to give out thirty minutes ago, and I still haven't gotten a PM back. That's not normal, is it?

edit: Hotline Miami gots da cardz? Well, sorry Morrowind, I know what I'm playing tonight.

Dynoro

This will be my first Steam sale ever. Are the games discounted by THAT much to where people accumulate 100+ game backlogs? Tremendous amount of hype in this thread. I just want to know what I'm dealing with here, lol.

Daily deals can be 80% off or more in some cases so games start getting real cheap real fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom