• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be my first Steam sale ever. Are the games discounted by THAT much to where people accumulate 100+ game backlogs? Tremendous amount of hype in this thread. I just want to know what I'm dealing with here, lol.

According to wastedonsteam I have a 536 game backlog. So yeah.. they can be. Some years are better than others (last year was a bit of a whiff, but still good if you're new to the game). Hopefully they bring the noize this year.

This is what makes ModBot realize that none of humanity is deserving of anything, much less games.

Delete this post!

PC gaming is growing everyday and those people need to fill up their games list. It's all of us cretins in this thread with triple digit collections (and backlogs) that don't deserve it.

We must play our games! We must not buy new ones! We must resis........

Sweet, the sale starts in 20 minutes!

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Right now Valve are sitting on a page explaining this years Trading Card metagame and glorious glorious sales, just waiting to hit the button guys.

Cynar

So, hopefully this works. These are some games from the Gamersgate Bethesda pricing error during the holidays that I already had. Hopefully, the keys are still active, but, you can give it a try and let me know:

Also, the no lurker rule would disqualify me, but, that's the way it goes sometimes

Thanks for Brink! This thread moves fast and just noticed the PM. :D

Angry Fork

I don't have the patience to wait for a daily deal for Bioshock Infinite (and it might not even come). Hopefully the first sale they do for it is low enough. Fuck I've been waiting to play this game for so long.

This will be my first Steam sale ever. Are the games discounted by THAT much to where people accumulate 100+ game backlogs? Tremendous amount of hype in this thread. I just want to know what I'm dealing with here, lol.

You are about to enter another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of imagination. Next stop, the Steam Summer Sale.

mclem

I haven't really bought any games in the last year, has anything come out in that period that people are hyped over?

Depends on the level of hype you're talking about. FTL and Hotline Miami have both been rather well-recieved on an indie scale, at least.

Wunder

Hope this works!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Beat Hazard Complete -- MB-CA0BBCABCA847A82 - Taken by Pupi18

You are about to enter another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of imagination. Next stop, the Steam Summer Sale.

image.php

traveler

Not Wario
Depends on the level of hype you're talking about. FTL and Hotline Miami have both been rather well-recieved on an indie scale, at least.

Yes. If you haven't played Hotline Miami, pick it up. It was one of the best games last year period, maybe even the best. In the AAA realm, I would also suggest checking out X-Com, which I assume will be on sale at some point. (It's already been on dozens of sales.)

I'd also add Don't Starve from this year to the list. I hear Gunpoint is supposed to be great as well, but I have yet to try it personally. Maybe I'll give it a shot if it goes on sale.

Skab

Is there anywhere one can go to see what all a games cards give you? Like what the backgrounds and emotes look like and such?

Probably been talked about, but any chance Rogue Legacy gets a daily/flash deal? At first blush, I'm thinking it gets a 33% ($5 off) sale over the course of the entire sale, but no daily/flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom