• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I'm jumping out of my chair here, that would be awesome. I'm already thinking about some people i'd really want to gift it to.
Such a great game. :D
vvo.gif
*massive eye-roll @article content referencing getting it to work on modern machines*
Yeah, that's a bit weird. ScummVM runs it perfectly.
Grim Fandango, for example, is a completely different story...
EDIT: ResidualVM should run it pretty good now, though.

gdt

So how is Trials Evolution nowadays? Did they fix everything up? I have Evo on 360 but I'd rather it on my PC. Plus I've never played Trials HD.

Therion

I'd buy Rocksmith if I had the cable. I'm looking at local prices, and it seems I can't buy it alone. The PS3 game costs between $50 and $90 depending on the shop/seller, and apparently it comes with the cable. Does anyone know if it will work on PC? (the cable, of course). And are the cables that come with the "Guitar only" and "Guitar and Bass" versions the same? I plan on using my bass with it.

As far as I can tell nobody answered this yet. There is definitely only one type of cable sold across all versions of this game, so get it wherever you can. If the cable isn't available locally, it can be found online, usually for $30 (USD). And even if you can't get the cable immediately, you can always treat this as a super-cheap 50+ song DLC pack for the new version coming out in October.

I've put 200 hours into this game since I got it in January, and I highly recommend it to anyone even slightly interested.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Then why did you say this?

The title was the same title I read when I made the first post. Was it changed shortly after your post?

So how is Trials Evolution nowadays? Did they fix everything up? I have Evo on 360 but I'd rather it on my PC. Plus I've never played Trials HD.

There is a demo on Steam. Any improvements made to the performance of the main game seem to be present in the demo so it should be an accurate representation.

neoism

<3 cards :p
do they drop only once or as many times as you play or something also wtf is the last line price. :/
iw9jw5112cOOG.png

I'm sure I underpriced them but I don't really care about badges..

Atomski

I upgraded to a 7950 recently and the game runs perfect for me now. I still enjoy it.. although I am super rusty now.

Wish the Evo dlc would come out :/

Ledsen

I'll pass. Got Shank 2 from another bundle, and while not a bad game, didn't hook me enough so as to get over the frustration of dying repeatedly at a certain boss. I also don't care about the previous one, and have no idea what Eets is.

THAT FUCKING GUY

made me quit the game.

X-COM: Enemy Unknown Mac version available on Steam now? I'm on a MacBook Pro and had Steam open and just switched to it, X-COM is auto downloading (I have it on my Win7 Bootcamp side). Checked the Internet, haven't seen any announcements about it. Anyone care to confirm?

Edit: It's up on the Steam store for Mac users now.

~Kinggi~

Banned
So i just purchased the Humble Weekly sale bundle with Shank 2 in it, and the damn page has been stuck at 'Waiting for Amazon Payments' for 5 minutes. I was charged and got an email from amazon but nothing on my keys. Does this happen for anyone?

KingKong

Can anyone tell me if NS2 is any good? Some personal impressions would be amazing

last time I played it was horribly unoptimized (took forever to load, started out OK and performance dropped as time went on) and its not nearly as good as Natural Selection 1

Nabs

Are you guys really crying about the bosses in Shank 2? That stuff was easy. (Ok, that boss on the boat sucked)

sprinkles

Finished They Bleed Pixels. Always wanted to play it as I really liked the art style. But only it getting cards finally compelled me to actually play it. So thanks Gaben for all the nice new Steam Trading Cards making me play my games.

Enjoyed it quite a bit by the way, even if the later levels are brutally difficult. But me beating Dark Souls the other week seems to have awakened a forgotten craving after accomplishments that modern games mostly don't offer. Or maybe I am just more masochistic than I thought.

Therion

So i just purchased the Humble Weekly sale bundle with Shank 2 in it, and the damn page has been stuck at 'Waiting for Amazon Payments' for 5 minutes. I was charged and got an email from amazon but nothing on my keys. Does this happen for anyone?

The exact same thing happened to me. After about fifteen minutes I hit the button to go back and was immediately emailed my keys.

~Kinggi~

Banned
new Weekly Humble Bundle

Shank2
Shank
Eets

no BTA

Anyone else not get their keys for this? Amazon charged me but no email yet. Ill have to email support if im the only one.

The exact same thing happened to me. After about fifteen minutes I hit the button to go back and was immediately emailed my keys.

The page is gone for me now so i might be screwed since i have no way to trigger the email.

Edit: Ok finally went through. Gots the emails!

sprinkles

last time I played it was horribly unoptimized (took forever to load, started out OK and performance dropped as time went on) and its not nearly as good as Natural Selection 1
I have not played NS2 for a few months, but last time I saw it they made huge performance improvements compared to the launch. I loved the original Natural Selection and the sequel hits all the right spots again - a brilliant team game but the fun can quickly ruined by a few players not following the commanders. There are frankly no other games like NS 1 or 2, but I could not imagine going back to the HL1 engine mod even it may be better balanced.

KingKong

I have not played NS2 for a few months, but last time I saw it they made huge performance improvements compared to the launch. I loved the original Natural Selection and the sequel hits all the right spots again - a brilliant team game but the fun can quickly ruined by a few players not following the commanders. There are frankly no other games like NS 1 or 2, but I could not imagine going back to the HL1 engine mod even it may be better balanced.

I really think all the changes they made were for the worse

alien commander made the teams not as distinct and gorge less fun
marines buying weapons themselves made commander not as important
no fun movement tricks except for the goofy skulk wallhop
(most importantly) maps were tiny and not nearly as atmospheric as the original game

looks like they just had a big patch that supposedly changes the movement to be more like NS1 so maybe I'll try it out again

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
How active is Chivalry? I've passed over it in so many sales, but I think today might be the day I finally bite.

Grief.exe

How active is Chivalry? I've passed over it in so many sales, but I think today might be the day I finally bite.

About 3,000 concurrent right now, which I would consider very active. From what I can gather, the team is still updating, balancing, and adding new content all the time.

Amazing game, so much fun to play with friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom