• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Bought Enemy Unknown during the Summer Seal. Obviously, I haven't played it, but I've read plenty of complains about the game being buggy and lines of sight being wonky. Hopefully these problems will get fixed by the time the DLC comes out.
Most of them already are.

Can someone sell me on the new bundle? Never bought from groupee before. Something about more games get unlocked?

You get the games, which probably are not that interesting. But this bundle has 7 bonus games that get unlocked once a certain amount of bundles are sold. For example "Particulars" will be unlocked at 4000 sold (currently just over 1000).

For me, this is the whole fun of a bundle. You get to check back every now and then and suddenly you have a new amazing game that you already paid for. Well at least in theory, mostly it is just some random soundtrack but it is still fun.

Particulars actually looks quite interesting as a puzzle game. It is greenlight at the moment http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=160936704 by an Australian indie studio.

Blacklist actually seems pretty good and certainly more of a Splinter Cell game than Conviction was. You perhaps have a few too many options for taking care of enemies(sleep darts, gas, takedowns, etc) but the level design seems actually seems pretty stellar.

Not sure I'm digging the way they combined the coop missions into the single player story as optional missions(everything is accessed from the flying ship/hub you go to between missions). Seems a bit cluttered. New Sam also sounds and looks way too young but as I said the actual game seems like it could be truly great. Really glad I bought it.

Edit: New Sam
14530981579200659456_kcup7.png
He looks like Commander Shepard! The game is very much of a continuation of the franchise's story so it's just kind of weird to have someone who looks and sounds so different be Sam.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Dead as a doornail:

Prejudice isn't fairing much better, but at least people actually played it recently:

Edit: I should note that "all-time" is something of a misnomer as the site has only been collecting data since July 2012.

That's really sad and the reason why I would never consider doing a multiplayer only game as a small developer. I hope whoever took the key didn't actually plan on playing it. :D

I just looked at the recently released Gun Monkeys:

0 playing 14 min ago
2 today's peak
39 all-time peak

Even a price drop to effectively 2,25€ couldn't save this game.

That's really sad and the reason why I would never consider doing a multiplayer only game as a small developer. I hope whoever took the key didn't actually plan on playing it. :D

I just looked at the recently released Gun Monkeys:

Even a price drop to effectively 2,25€ couldn't save this game.

At least Gun Monkeys has a local multiplayer mode. Section 8 is practically useless.

JaseC

That reminds me: we'll be getting info on Tactical Intervention's re-launch in just under a day. I assume, rather than being F2P as before, it'll be the $15(?) Counter-Strike competitor Le had in mind originally.

Tellaerin

Dead as a doornail:

Prejudice isn't fairing much better, but at least people actually played it recently:

Edit: I should note that "all-time" is something of a misnomer as the site has only been collecting data since July 2012.

Prejudice was actually pretty fun when I was playing it a few months back. There were a couple of servers that seemed to have a decent number of regular players then, though I couldn't say whether or not that's still the case.

oipic

I need to get start playing XCOM EU. I haven't touched it yet

Looks like people are really hyped for more XCOM. I should play EU one of these days.

Same, same, gents - that's it, I need to put it in writing so I'll commit to it: XCOM EU is next on the playlist, straight after I knock off (the relatively short) Alan Wake and Spec Ops.

Have kept putting it off, oddly, waiting for the 'perfect' time to play it, the right sized chunk of time to commit to it fully (or something), as I suspect I'm going to like it a lot.

Some stuff:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Depths of Peril -- MB-F3703483F0A49F99 - Taken by Tellaerin
The Whispered World -- MB-84C2F97C58D9798B - Taken by Addnan

I am ready for more XCOM. Hopefully it's a proper expansion and not just more DLC.

It's a $30 expansion and will be released as a standalone game on PS3/360. It sounds like it will be comparable in scope and content to a Civ expansion

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/08/21/xcom-enemy-within-announced-tons-of-details

EDIT: It actually works exactly like a Civ expansion

On PC it'll work just like Firaxis' expansions for Civilization V, in that it'll fold onto and replace the original game.

I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

Good luck

ModBot said:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Eador Masters of the Broken World Plus Genesis -- MB-B310425D880069B8 - Taken by Organon
Depths of Peril -- MB-6011ED3EA00521BF - Taken by Eanan
Mini Motor Racing EVO -- MB-A1BC1BD0D1FB3273 - Taken by Gez
Angelica Weaver Catch Me When You Can -- MB-4E5ED60F5F4CE021 - Taken by Fare Godmace

JaseC

congratulations you can finally participate in the sexual rituals

put on your best saorise cape and join us

Incidentally, she did once not-so-subtly tease the fact that she is Wonder Woman:

5597683348_a64f47d8fa.jpg

Are you able to convert them to steam if they get released on there?

Groupees and indeed other indie bundle folks are given Steam keys to distribute to past purchasers in the event that an included game is greenlit.

ModBot said:

I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

dead space 3 origin -- MB-52BF4DD81F456A1C - Taken by Iron Badger
crysis 2 origin -- MB-964098069F9D8A12 - Taken by SpongeBob NoPants
burnout paradise steam -- MB-21D70FF0E20EB95F - Taken by Toki767
medal of honor origin -- MB-5A2329E33B550C09
Mirrors edge origin -- MB-759B02B6BEB5D989
burnout paradise origin -- MB-5EED7AAE714C0942
dead space steam -- MB-4C289A570430E47C - Taken by FiveElementNinja
dead space origin -- MB-2D0A632CBE16E2FD
Mirrors edge steam -- MB-D1389BF37415C96F - Taken by JoseOle5990
medal of honor steam -- MB-A0D575242FBFC4E7 - Taken by Nuborn

Hope some peeps get a little enjoyment out of this (even if it's only adding to the library/s)

Slyjss

When do the extra games on Humble bundles usually appear? If it's when there's a week left, in 8 hours we'll have Bulletstorm and I'll be SO happy.

Eanan

Little did I know that when I signed up to this forum, that there would be a slight obsession from lots of members, about a girl that went to secondary school about a mile away from me.

I must admit though, Hannah was a very good film.

Zeknurn

It's a $30 expansion and will be released as a standalone game on PS3/360. It sounds like it will be comparable in scope and content to a Civ expansion

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/08/21/xcom-enemy-within-announced-tons-of-details

EDIT: It actually works exactly like a Civ expansion

I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

Awesome. It working like a Civ expansion and replacing the original campaign is exactly what I was hoping for. I can't wait to replay it with the much needed added depth and choice that was lacking in the original release.

Everything in that article sounds great.

JaseC

what?! she isn't in Avengers 2 anymore?! D':

Earlier in the year there was a rumour floating around that she was Whedon's "prototype" for Scarlet Witch; Saoirse said that she'd like to do it, but when later rumours suggested that she had been offered the role, she shot them down.

Little did I know that when I signed up to this forum, that there would be a slight obsession from lots of members, about a girl that went to secondary school about a mile away from me.

I must admit though, Hannah was a very good film.

"Obsessed" is such a strong word. I prefer "enthusiastic". ;)

masterkajo

XCOM: Enemy Within (expansion to XCOM: EU) officially announced, coming Nov 12th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de-FectcNe4

New abilities, weapons, enemies

Yes, was looking forward to an official announcement. It was rumored some time now. This should help put give XCom another chance to catch up to my Dark Souls playtime. For a long time XCom was the only game with >100h but since I got Dark Souls this Steam sale everything changed.

Earlier in the year there was a rumour floating around that she was Whedon's "prototype" for Scarlet Witch; Saoirse said that she'd like to do it, but when later rumours suggested that she had been offered the role, she shot them down.

"Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer "enthusiastic". ;)

Who shuts down Joss Whedon? Would have loved to see here as Scarlet Witch. Short question: When I wanted to start watching Saoirse movies now, what would you recommend to watch first, JaseC?

Incidentally, she did once not-so-subtly tease the fact that she is Wonder Woman:

5597683348_a64f47d8fa.jpg

... she's far too young to be a fucking twig.

Who shuts down Joss Whedon? Would have loved to see here as Scarlet Witch. Short question: When I wanted to start watching Saoirse movies now, what would you recommend to watch first, JaseC?

I think you think Whedon has more power in the Marvel/Disney universe than he actually does.

zkylon

zkylewd
why did you sign up then?

certainly not the origin key giveaways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom