• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
ItBOryU.png

Can't stop. Won't stop.
What have you done?

Goddamn you, goddamn you to hell!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, Assassin's Creed 2 is really, really, REALLY long. 17 hours in and it doesn't seem to have an end in sight. It's not that it overstays its welcome, it just kicks you out of your house and is now planning a coup d'état to take over your country too.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good game. But there's only so much you can stretch a good game before it becomes a boring one. And this game crossed that line a good 5 or 6 hours ago. I'm even starting to get frustrated with the controls, because sometimes (most of the times?) Ezio doesn't go where I point him to, but wherever the fuck he wants to jump or climb to. And it automatically jumps when I'm free running, so I don't really feel I'm in control, like in every Prince of Persia since Sands of Time.

I also got lost in the story, can't keep track of all the names and locations (call it short attention span, even though I've been managing to get gaming sessions of 3 or 4 hours straight in this game, which lately has been something very rare). And right now it's feeling extremely repetitive, despite having a little variety every now and then. I feel like I've been doing the same stuff all over again for the past 14 hours. And it still manages to be way more fun than what little I played of the first game (first 4 chapters), which I don't know whether it's praise for AC2 or criticism for AC1 (probably a bit of both).

I decided I was going to finish this game, and that's what I'll do. I'm enjoying it in a weird way, but I wish it was over now. I certainly don't see myself playing another Assassin's Creed ever again, unless it's a long time from now and I feel the itch once more. But I'm glad I was finally able to play this one, I'd wanted to try it for quite some time.

So all in all, a good game, but extremely long, and with (semi)automatic platforming that gets old pretty quick.

Just catching up on the thread and the fact Salsa was banned. Today was my birthday and Saltsa knew it and I didn't even get a happy birthday from him. Making this image all the funnier.

Edit: Thanks for the birthday wishes guys.

Edit #2: Thanks Saltsa for Pac-Man after someone told him about this post. All I really wanted was a "happy birthday"!
Happy birthday Xel! I'll gift you something you probably don't own on Steam yet: a virtual hug from me!

DukeBobby

Got to 7000 a second. Bored now, might try and get the time machine tomorrow.

Edit: Also, just watched the new Titanfall footage for the first time. I'm impressed. Very, very impressed. And this is coming from a guy who hates multiplayer gaming.

Grief.exe

The only thing that worries me about Titanfall is its use of ADS mechanics.

It just seems like they have created a game with such interesting movement mechanics, only to come to a full stop when having to shoot.

What's ironic is they designed the mechs with speed and agility too, but left off the ADS mechanics due to the mobility. Seems like a completely opposite design choice to me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
With Salsa and Derrick gone, there is no reason for me to be in this thread...

...Oh, Grief and JaseC, you guys are alright too.

tumblr_inline_mll61lCcew1qz4rgp.gif

Valve has a booth at Gamescom, I believe it was Jase who said it was mostly for private exhibitions.

Yeah, Valve is just there to talk shop with Steam partners -- it's not exhibiting anything at all.

Just catching up on the thread and the fact Salsa was banned. Today was my birthday and Saltsa knew it and I didn't even get a happy birthday from him. Making this image all the funnier.

Edit: Thanks for the birthday wishes guys.

Edit #2: Thanks Saltsa for Pac-Man after someone told him about this post. All I really wanted was a "happy birthday"!

Happy birthday!

Jq-oOS-EFXI.jpg

(I can't make a gif because the BD isn't out 'til November.)

Grief.exe

Hey Jase, I believe you said that Respawn deflected the question on a Steam release of Titanfall instead of denying it.

Do you remember your source on that one?

New Sam Fisher sounds and looking nothing like the old one, it's so weird.

Did you see the video on why Ironside left the franchise?

namDa65

How come free to play titles are missing from steam community profile all games list? My Team fortress 2 hours just dissappeared.

Grief.exe

How come free to play titles are missing from steam community profile all games list? My Team fortress 2 hours just dissappeared.

Weird. Mine is gone as well, but DOTA 2 stays.

I actually bought TF2 originally, I have a feeling they are messing around with something.

EDIT: Planetside 2 and Blacklight:R gone as well.

namDa65

Weird. Mine is gone as well, but DOTA 2 stays.

I actually bought TF2 originally, I have a feeling they are messing around with something.

I bought TF2 originally as well. I am not happy about this change, I liked that hours feature to be honest :p. Dota 2 stays also. All other free to plays are gone.

Grief.exe

I bought TF2 originally as well. I am not happy about this change, I liked that hours feature to be honest :p. Dota 2 stays also. All other free to plays are gone.

One of my favorite features as well, would be weird for them to take that away.

Probably a negative effect of playing with the game count that is displayed on your profile badge. I would wager they would come back.

Grief replying to trolls on YouTube

tsk tsk

I don't know why I do this to myself. Going to get an aneurysm dealing with these people.

Some days I truly realize that I share this hobby with some of the most ignorant people on this planet.

lw5ieF8.png

wPUTroq.png

ibu2nDSCfYfBtm.png

Speaking of Todd! Look who I just found!

Small world

I'm always gunning for the exclusive.

On another note, steam workshop support for Don't Starve is welcome. Stacking to 99 and a shorter night are already mods I think I want.

On a final note, happy birthday Xelios. Whenever I think "is this random ass game any good?" sure enough there is a Xelios review there waiting to let me know. Top class guy (or girl).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wait, WHAT? She's the one from Hanna? This.changes.everything.

Looking her up after catching [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggx0qSjnbME]this Ellen interview[/URL] blew my mind so hard that I think I had a headache afterwards.

"Holy shit! She's the girl from The Lovely Bones!"
"Holy shit! She's the girl from City of Ember!"
"Holy shit! She's the girl from Atonement!"
"Holy shit! She's Irish!"

I wonder how both companies will handle dedicated servers. Microsoft has more readily available due to buying up a bunch for Azure but one imagines Sony has acquired some as well. Didn't Microsoft say they would heavily discount their use though, or something of that nature?

Looking her up after catching [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggx0qSjnbME]this Ellen interview[/URL] blew my mind so hard that I think I had a headache afterwards.

"Holy shit! She's the girl from The Lovely Bones!"
"Holy shit! She's the girl from City of Ember!"
"Holy shit! She's the girl from Atonement!"
"Holy shit! She's Irish!"

City of Ember too? holy shit ! I love that movie.

Nabs

These SNK guys are really trying their best with this KOF beta. They seem to be patching and fixing a lot of netcode issues.

Sajjaja

Oh god...this is a Saorise appreciation thread....or has it always been?

Can we talk about games?*runs and hides*

Happy Birthday, Xelios :D

I wonder how both companies will handle dedicated servers. Microsoft has more readily available due to buying up a bunch for Azure but one imagines Sony has acquired some as well. Didn't Microsoft say they would heavily discount their use though, or something of that nature?

The same way they have in the past, with an existing cloud service like Amazon.

These SNK guys are really trying their best with this KOF beta. They seem to be patching and fixing a lot of netcode issues.

Reports are very promising for the netcode. However it does make you wonder what they have been doing for the past few years with the console versions.

Deques

How is Divekick? Is it fun? From what I see in the trailers in the steam store page it's 1 hit KOs only.

Oh, happy bday Xelios

Nabs

How is Divekick? Is it fun? From what I see in the trailers in the steam store page it's 1 hit KOs only.

Oh, happy bday Xelios

I'm having an amazing time with it. It seems like all my friends are happy with the pickup as well. Highly recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom