• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have no issue with games that aren't on Steam. I'd prefer them to be available, of course, but I'm not averse to using another service if I absolutely have to.

But I do have an issue with EA pulling a couple of its games and using Valve's revised DLC policy as a pathetic excuse to abandon Steam in favour of pushing Origin. There is absolutely nothing preventing EA from following in Ubi's footsteps and having the Steam versions of its more recent games launch individualised instances of the Origin client... other than petulant greed.

Edit: Said DLC policy didn't even apply to the games EA yanked (Crysis 2 and Dragon Age 2) since, as I've noted before in the past, it wasn't retroactive; they were taken down purely so EA would have a couple of "AAA" exclusives to assist with popularising Origin's launch.

DaBoss

Battlelog is a joke of a server browser. It's part of the reason why I won't go anywhere near BF4.

To be honest, it has more features than most server browsers and probably is one of the best server browser. However, it is a joke I have to use a web browser for it and the numerous times I've had BF3 not even load up after joining a server is far too many.

Megasoum

Banned
I have no issue with games that aren't on Steam. I'd prefer them to available, of course, but I'm not averse to using another service if I absolutely have to.

But I do have an issue with EA pulling a couple of its games and using Valve's revised DLC policy as a pathetic excuse to abandon Steam in favour of pushing Origin. There is absolutely nothing preventing EA from following in Ubi's footsteps and having the Steam versions of its more recent games launch individualised instances of the Origin client... other than petulant greed.

Agree 100%. When I can choose I always go for Steam and I wish everything was on there but the other services are innofensive.

I also much prefer having to use Origin or Uplay than being stuck with the old crap like Securom or Starforce.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Come on now... Have you actually played BF3?

Battlelog is MUCH better than any in game server browsers. It's fast and works really well.

People really need to stop bitching about everything that is not Steam.

I think you're replying to someone, but I don't think you're replying to me because the reply doesn't seem to have anything to do with what I said, which had nothing to do with whether or not Battlelog is a good server browser.

Turfster

Agree 100%. When I can choose I always go for Steam and I wish everything was on there but the other services are innofensive.

I also much prefer having to use Origin or Uplay than being stuck with the old crap like Securom or Starforce.

I still can't log into Uplay, even though their support has been trying to fix it (or so they say) for the last 3 weeks. Inoffensive indeed.

Megasoum

Banned
I still can't log into Uplay, even though their support has been trying to fix it (or so they say) for the last 3 weeks. Inoffensive indeed.

That sucks... Personnaly I've had more issues loging into my Steam account over the years than my UPlay account.

t-ramp

I recently realized that I have two Uplay accounts. Totally forgot I bought HAWX 2 for $1 last year and for some reason used another email address to purchase it.

You know reading that DF article about Respawn, I really really hope when Source 2 comes out it'll wow people. I want another E3 2003 moment. But at the same time I'm having doubts they're having it in them to make it happen.

Overdoziz

Banned
After playing about 10 minutes of Burnout Paradise I'm fully convinced that the game only exists so they could use the song Paradise City.

Daily Capcom deals on GMG

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition - Colonies Edition - $4 / 4 €
Lost Planet 2 - $6 / 6€

Both are Steam keys and both use GFWL.
Bought LP2 because why the hell not.

EDIT: Forgot the code. GMG20-KCDKK-H4TPB

Both games don't work on Windows 8.1 beta and it really sucks. They're the only games out of dozens I've played since installing the beta that just won't start. Hope it's fixed one day, just doesn't make sense as to why they would be the only ones to have such serious issues. Other GFWL titles work, other Capcom titles work, but not LP1/2

Benedict

Is Lost Planet 1 better than 2?
Tried the demo of LP 2 on PS3 and was not so impressed by the game.

Edit: Lost Planet 1 for £2 was a no brainer. bought
Still not sure for LP 2

http://indiegameenthusiast.blogspot.com/2013/08/pc-spotlight-2-electronic-super-joy.html
When starting up Electronic Super Joy, a screen warns that the game "may cause seizures! Also, cause motion sickness!" and that's not hyperbole. Electronic Super Joy is at once a psychedelic visual experience and a tough-as-nails platformer.

The surreal landscape spawns trees and other scenery as you approach, the environment is alive with strobing lights and moving colors, all while electronic music and orgasmic moaning plays in the background. The paper thin story is as surreal as the graphics: it's quite simple, you're on a quest to rescue your butt. The game is never static, even the levels are in constant motion.

Each level automatically scrolls left to right, adding a sense of urgency not seen in other platformers. You only have seconds to evaluate what obstacles lay ahead. The controls are simple: arrow keys to move, Z to jump, X to butt smash (also useful for quickly landing a jump and gaining a precious extra second) but are more than capable of overcoming the myriad challenges. Lasers, portals, blade turrets, jump pads, one-use jump pads, swarms of missiles (which follow you relentlessly and can pass through the environment), spinning blades, rotating levels, bosses, and other hazards all stand between you and the exit. You will die, that's for sure, but there are checkpoints and auto restarts give the game a "one more go" appeal that only the best platformers can provide.

The game's pixel art style is simple but plays smoothly and I doubt any modern computers will have trouble running it. Electronic Super Joy is quite literally a joy to play. If you're a fan of Super Meat Boy or other challenging platformers, I think you'll definitely enjoy this game.

Grief.exe

Can you play BF3's campaign if you don't have internet? I'm wondering since you have to launch it via Battlelog too.

No. I tried to launch the single player while I was on the train one time.

Said my CD key wasn't activated. So they might have some kind of online check every time you launch the game.

Battlelog is a joke of a server browser. It's part of the reason why I won't go anywhere near BF4.

Battlelog is actually an amazing server browser, especially when you compare it to Dice's previous implementations.

Its fast, accurate, easily updated, and you can use custom scripts (enhanced battlelog).

You can also browse your stats! Had to log in to 3rd party websites for that in BC2.

Still has some issues with Battlelog, but a solid browser nonetheless.

I am probably staying away from BF4 though. It looks like a BF3 expansion with a patch. Getting tired of ADS mechanics slowing the gameplay down to a crawl.
Rant here but I don't get why Titanfall will have similar mechanics with that moving system. Makes no sense.

Is Lost Planet 1 better than 2?
Tried the demo of LP 2 on PS3 and was not so impressed by the game.

Edit: Lost Planet 1 for £2 was a no brainer. bought
Still not sure for LP 2

Don't buy LP1 colonies edition! Its GFWL.

You want just the regular version.

Megasoum

Banned
Battlelog is actually an amazing server browser, especially when you compare it to Dice's previous implementations.

Its fast, accurate, easily updated, and you can use custom scripts (enhanced battlelog).

One thing I like too is that you can have it on your second monitor and keep an eye of everything while still in game.

"Seldom seen" would be more accurate considering just about every platformer has at least one such level. All of Rayman Origins' mosquito levels automatically scroll, for example.

I love Rayman Oranges but I reallllly disliked those levels to the point of hating them, I hope Legends doesn't have anything like that.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Another day, another "Why doesn't Steam already have this???" feature of Enhanced Steam:

LlB3aUC.png

Since LP2 is on sale on GMG I'll quote my post from friday :

Soo... anybody here who wants to play through LP2 ? I picked it with RE5 and DMC 4 during a GMG sale and I'd like to finish it before GFWL drops dead but unfortunately there isn't a lot of people playing it.
I only played the jungle part thus far and I don't mind starting from scratch (the giant frog/whatever boss was awesome especially when I realised I could go inside him for massive damage).
I sincerely hope Capcom patches GFWL out of their games, I don't want RE5/Dead Rising 2/Lost Planet to die.

Here's my profile, add me. I already installed the game.

There's also some Origin keys + a Steam Dead Space key left here :
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=78071889&postcount=9178

Other than that, I'm ~8 hrs. in San Andreas and it's so fucking good. I remember why I loved and still love this game so much, and I also remember the disappointement I felt when I played GTA IV. I still liked GTA IV but apart from a technical point of view and maybe gunfights I think San Andreas does everything else better. Just my opinion of course.

I hope LP2 doesn't suck.

It's one of the best coop games ever made and one that was designed with that in mind. There are some really amazing levels in the game, although there are a few that aren't great. Generally the ones that feature the human enemies which aren't bad but seem a bit bland in comparison to some of the very unique set pieces they craft with creatures elsewhere.

Really wish I could play the Windows version ;-; Made a post on the Capcom forum about the Windows 8.1 issues but no response despite being posted weeks ago. It and LP1 are among the very few games that don't work.

derExperte

I love Rayman Oranges but I reallllly disliked those levels to the point of hating them, I hope Legends doesn't have anything like that.

You and me both. The shooting levels were good but everytime something was chasing you or something had to be chased the game became instantly unfun. And I'll make sure to never touch Electronic Super Joy.

duppolo

im back from norway..what a trip! and all the girls have something as Saoirse...
...splinter cell is region free? i can buy it for keys from a russian?

duppolo

Nice. I live near Bodo (Bodø), it's a town called Fauske.

i dont know that city, but now i will look on google.
You have a really beautifull nation, and with nice social law.
here in italy we have nice places and girls, maybe better food and drink, but the politics are awfull

fantomena

i dont know that city, but now i will look on google.
You have a really beautifull nation, and with nice social law.
here in italy we have nice places and girls, maybe better food and drink, but the politics are awfull

We have the election in september (election about which party is gonna take over and control Norway the next 4 years). Im gonna vote labour party so this guy continues as PM:

Jens-Stoltenberg.jpg

sibarraz

Banned
So a random dude added me asking for two items that I had in team fortress (Ellis Cap and Frying pan)

I don't know how he knew that I had those items and I don't know why he added me

So don't know those items had some valor? or just gave him for free (I can't sell them on the market and I don't want to buy thing for paypal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom