• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I played my first few rounds of Chivalry, game is awesome, but it's hard. I'll play some more later after I've had breakfast.

AgathaaaaAaAaa !

but the cake is a lie #UsGamers #HL3

s5OKUKO.gif

Xanathus

So why is SC: Blacklist only 7-8 keys? Thats like 14-16bucks at this stage.
It seems to be just one guy selling at that price at the moment. He probably is gutting Nvidia cards for those codes and selling those cards to customers unaware of the promotion. I'd get it but none of my friends want to get it even at that price, cheapass bastards.

It seems to be just one guy selling at that price at the moment. He probably is gutting Nvidia cards for those codes and selling those cards to customers unaware of the promotion. I'd get it but none of my friends want to get it even at that price, cheapass bastards.
I have friends just like that.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
So excited for Lords of Shadow at a playable framerate. I enjoyed what I could stand of the console release, but it remains the only game I've ever been unable to finish due to framerate. After 15 or 20 minutes of playing, I would have a headache and eye strain.

Finally decided to order this instead of installing a sound card.

Wok

I wonder how long does it take until every game has a Dota2 Hat.

I don't understand some people buy cosmetics in Dota: they are almost unnoticeable in-game. On the opposite, in TF2, you always see the hats and this helps distinguish between different players playing the same class.

liezryou

I don't understand some people buy cosmetics in Dota: they are almost unnoticeable in-game. On the opposite, in TF2, you always see the hats and this helps distinguish between different players playing the same class.

Yeah i hate the fact that they are barely noticeable. I personally haven't spent a penny on dota2, all my items are from trading. I have however spent money on LoL when i played it in the past.

Aaron

The UI, announcer packs, and couriers are all noticeable, but pricey.

Wok

Yeah i hate the fact that they are barely noticeable. I personally haven't spent a penny on dota2, all my items are from trading. I have however spent money on LoL when i played it in the past.

In Dota, when players talk to each other, I have noticed they use the name of the hero, not the name of the player. Clearly, the fact two players cannot play the same hero deters the need for personalization of the hero. In a sense, the player already has a distinctive look.

The UI, announcer packs, and couriers are all noticeable, but pricey.

This is also one of the reason I play support: so that I can show off with my courriers.

liezryou

In Dota, when players talk to each other, I have noticed they use the name of the hero, not the name of the player. Clearly, the fact two players cannot play the same hero deters the need for personalization of the hero.

Are you being sarcastic or serious? Have you played dota?

Wok

Are you being sarcastic or serious? Have you played dota?

I am not being sarcastic: if you play Ursa, people will refer to you as Ursa not liezryou, because there can be only one Ursa in the current game. So:
  1. nobody pays attention to your name in the game
  2. the cosmetics are not noticeable
  3. the cosmetics are not needed: there is only one Ursa in the game

I know this, but how does that marginalize the need for cosmetics?

As opposed to TF2, cosmetics are not used to help distinguish between players.

It is a pretty common occurence there are two Heavy in your team. If you get a kill as Heavy, the opponent will recognize you because of your sunglasses and next time you meet him, he will be particularly interested in getting his revenge, this makes TF2 funnier to play. In Dota 2, there is only one Ursa, and this is all that matters to the opposing team.

In the end, cosmetics cannot be as important in Dota 2 as they are in TF2. In Dota 2, it is only a matter of changing the routine: after 1k hours, you may want to make slight changes to your favorite hero so that you feel like you do something different.

I think it was in regards to the single usage of a hero inmatch negating the need for customization. I barely play but they seem pretty noticeable, especially when you have to get used to their stock look by virtue of learning all of their appearances in the first place. Any slight thing to throw it off sticks out like a sore thumb

Exactly. And you have a point with the stock look.

jediyoshi

I am not being sarcastic: if you play Ursa, people will refer to you as Ursa not liezryou, because there can be only one Ursa in the current game.

I think it was in regards to the single usage of a hero inmatch negating the need for customization. I barely play but they seem pretty noticeable, especially when you have to get used to their stock look by virtue of learning all of their appearances in the first place. Any slight thing to throw it off sticks out like a sore thumb

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
On the subject of Lost Planet 3, it seems the second pre-purchase reward tier won't unlock, so I think the game will have the dubious honour of being the worst-performing title in the history of the system.

the cosmetics are not needed: there is only one Ursa in the game

This doesn't follow any logic. People like to dress up and show their expensive gear. Some equips even change spell effects and voiceovers (I think). You still want to differentiate yourself from the Ursa that you saw in the last match or that your teammates sometimes play. A match of DOTA 2 doesn't exist in a vacuum.

You can still argue that it's absurd to spend money on these items, but it's not hard to see why people do it.

This is a thing (one of very few) that LOL does better, the skins are VERY noticeable and change the look of the hero completely.

As opposed to TF2, cosmetics are not used to help distinguish between players.

It is a pretty common occurence there are two Heavy in your team. If you get a kill as Heavy, the opponent will recognize you because of your sunglasses and next time you meet him, he will be particularly interested in getting his revenge, this makes TF2 funnier to play. In Dota 2, there is only one Ursa, and this is all that matters to the opposing team.

This is not why people primarily wear the hats. They wear the hats to show off their rare gear.

Tidehunters customization is pretty noticeable. And the good thing is... it doesnt matter in the game. Just a good extra but not more.

Some Couriers,Announcers related to other Games would be awesome.

patochaos

Neo Member
Heard many good things about Lost Planet 2 coop

Worth to play with my girlfriend who is "below average" at gaming?

Would prefer if the game DOES NOT HAVE sections where she has to do something difficult alone correctly or we both fail and go back to checkpoint (hello Dead Space 3 dodge the space rubble section)

Tizoc

My brother would always play LP2 co-op offline with his friend when on the PS3, whenever he visited over. They couldn't get far but I'd say it'd be OK for a casual to get a hang of it (fyi my brother is primarely LoLing as far as gaming goes, along with the occasional Vita indie).

Tidehunters customization is pretty noticeable. And the good thing is... it doesnt matter in the game. Just a good extra but not more.

Some Couriers,Announcers related to other Games would be awesome.
There is a Bastion Announcer pack available. It's the best one by far, imo. Glados pack is coming too. As for hero customization, it depends which items and particularly where. If you have a whole set, it's immediately noticeable. However, if it's say just a belt or something, then yeah, no one is going to see that.

I've spent a couple hundred dollars on Dota, but I've also got 900 hours worth of play out of it thus far. The thing is, Valve's F2P system is so fair, that I don't mind spending $10 here and there to support the game.

Is Brutal Legend any good? I've got 4.80€ in card money.

It's absolutely worth this price. It's by no means perfect, but it's a ride people should try out. Very innovative, funny, and embedded in a completely fantastic game world. You would be missing out on something very special if you don't buy it for this price. :)

iavi

Sleeping Dogs is the only sandbox game who's DLC I fell hook line and sinker for. But that was because of Wei motherfucking Shen. Don't see myself spending anything on cosmetics again anytime soon.

Knurek

Sleeping Dogs is the only sandbox game who's DLC I fell hook line and sinker for. But that was because of Wei motherfucking Shen. Don't see myself spending anything on cosmetics again anytime soon.

Had a dream today that Squeenix released a GOTY version of Sleeping Dogs with one new unique DLC piece. :(

Wei don'tcha come back to us?

Xanathus

Would prefer if the game DOES NOT HAVE sections where she has to do something difficult alone correctly or we both fail and go back to checkpoint (hello Dead Space 3 dodge the space rubble section)

Haha, it has TONS of sections where all players need to cooperate to get through it but I think it's awesome for that. Either that or one player needs to be really good at the game and know what to do. I think that the game is pretty easy though if you set to the easiest difficulty so it should be alright with that.

zkylon

zkylewd
man I feel bad for loving saints row 4 but whatever

wish I had twice as many outfits to dress up as, I'm basically back to my sr3 stuff

JaseC

Is it possible to skip the end-of-level sequence in Rayman Origins where the game tallies up how many Lums you collected?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Is it possible to skip the end-of-level sequence in Rayman Origins where the game tallies up how many Lums you collected?
I wish. We could even do that back with Yoshi's Island, but now we live in the age of unskippable bullshit. The developer's original vision is the only thing that is important, apparently.

JaseC

I wish. We could even do that back with Yoshi's Island, but now we live in the age of unskippable bullshit. The developer's original vision is the only thing that is important, apparently.

Bah. :( I seem to recall being able to at least speed up the process, but I tried everything I could think of to no avail. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom