• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
It speeds it up if you hold A, when playing with a 360 controller that is.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Is it possible to skip the end-of-level sequence in Rayman Origins where the game tallies up how many Lums you collected?
As far as I know, no. I've tried pressing all of the buttons (not at the same time), and it did nothing.

I realized the game is much better with a couple of friends to mess around with, but it's still good in single player. I just wish Legends had online co-op :/

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I could be wrong. It speeded things up in the Legends demo and holding X on the PS3 and Vita versions did, too. Can't imagine it not being in the PC version. :p

Autofokus

Lovin' the Ubishop/uPlay.
Can't complete my Splinter Cell order because the game is 18+ and I need to wait til after 11pm. Ridiculous stuff..

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I could be wrong. It speeded things up in the Legends demo and holding X on the PS3 and Vita versions did, too. Can't imagine it not being in the PC version. :p

Nothing. :( It may be because I'm using a wireless X360 controller (it took Ubi a few AssCreed games to nail down proper support).

The_Monk

I've been a little distracted fellow GAFfers so I just found out Game Dev Tycoon is coming to Steam! So happy, I voted for this so this is one I need to check it out soon.

Nillansan

I've been a little distracted fellow GAFfers so I just found out Game Dev Tycoon is coming to Steam! So happy, I voted for this so this is one I need to check it out soon.

Yeah I am looking forward to trying it out as well. They seem to have listened to the feedback that was given for the initial release and made significant improvements to the game.

The_Monk

Yeah I am looking forward to trying it out as well. They seem to have listened to the feedback that was given for the initial release and made significant improvements to the game.

That's great to know fellow GAFfer.

On a side note I decided to see if I could get the One Achievement with my old save from To The Moon and I got it.

Link for those who don't want to get spoiled with the name of it:

http://i.imgur.com/SOHkcp0.png

I could had replayed the game but... not really. This game is a one time Story, a one time Journey, there's no point in replaying it. Despite being really good I want to just have this one time experience and in the end, remember the journey.

It's a game I hope more people can play it. I finished almost one year ago I believe but it's worth your time. Amazing piano tune too!

Tizoc

Is it possible to skip the end-of-level sequence in Rayman Origins where the game tallies up how many Lums you collected?

You can speed them up in legends. i didn't mind it personally in Origins TBH, it did suck when you would finish a level and have one damn Lum left lol.

liezryou

But weren't you the guy that bought a boatload of keys? ... http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=74487715&postcount=11470 :O

Also any news on Deadly Premonition? They said last week that the preorder page is ready.

Nope not a single penny, traded all my old keys for new ones. 62.5$ is the value of the keys that i spent unboxing. I think i still have somewhere around like 80 or so keys in my inventory. I managed to get like ~150 through trading over the past few months... blew a large chunk of them during TI3.

Funnily enough i ended up unboxing more chest to put my value of keys spent at somewhere near 100$ with no big return. Fuck u valve gambling.

Although to be fair i have been getting free games + various dota 2 items, etc. through trading over the past few months. I guess it's the real reason why i'm sticking with dota 2 over LoL. Free cash money. But... never using any of my profits to unbox ever again.

JaseC

You can speed them up in legends. i didn't mind it personally in Origins TBH, it did suck when you would finish a level and have one damn Lum left lol.

Yeah, I just bring up the Steam overlay and poke about GAF while the sequence does its thing, but being able to skip it/speed it up would be nice.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

On a side note I decided to see if I could get the One Achievement with my old save from To The Moon and I got it.

I could had replayed the game but... not really. This game is a one time Story, a one time Journey, there's no point in replaying it. Despite being really good I want to just have this one time experience and in the end, remember the journey.

It's a game I hope more people can play it. I finished almost one year ago I believe but it's worth your time. Amazing piano tune too!
I don't know, I'd like to play it knowing the story already. Just to see if it feels any different, and if there are some tell-tale details that I may have missed the first time.

It's bullshit that I still have to wait for Lords of Shadow to be released.
I still don't know if I should play it as soon as it's released, or wait and finish Dust in the meantime.

I decided I'm going to finish Rayman Origins before starting Legends.

Grief.exe

Lovin' the Ubishop/uPlay.
Can't complete my Splinter Cell order because the game is 18+ and I need to wait til after 11pm. Ridiculous stuff..

I hate Uplay with such a passion.

Did you hear what happened to people who pirated that game?

The_Monk

I don't know, I'd like to play it knowing the story already. Just to see if it feels any different, and if there are some tell-tale details that I may have missed the first time.

I feel you good sir, to me it was a unique experience. But who knows, maybe next year I can replay it. Just not right now.

Did you hear what happened to people who pirated that game?

I remember a thread on GAF about that fellow GAFfer. They could not sell/profit their game because it was being pirated or something? That really was some irony in there!

Nillansan

Rock Paper Shotgun's Skullgirls impressions.

Conclusion said:
Skullgirls is probably the best introduction to ‘real’ fighting games you’re going to get. It’ll feed an interest flared by Divekick well and requires many less Youtube tutorials and mechanics articles to understand than its peers. For those who may own it elsewhere, the transition to PC has been slick as you like. Netcode functions beautifully and, while I’m not adept enough to understand their quality, there have been a large number of changes balance and systems wise. I may not wholly approve, but I do recommend.

Full impression can be found here.

Nope not a single penny, traded all my old keys for new ones. 62.5$ is the value of the keys that i spent unboxing. I think i still have somewhere around like 80 or so keys in my inventory. I managed to get like ~150 through trading over the past few months... blew a large chunk of them during TI3.

Funnily enough i ended up unboxing more chest to put my value of keys spent at somewhere near 100$ with no big return. Fuck u valve gambling.

Although to be fair i have been getting free games + various dota 2 items, etc. through trading over the past few months. I guess it's the real reason why i'm sticking with dota 2 over LoL. Free cash money. But... never using any of my profits to unbox ever again.

but you were pro in lol

O Tavares

Neo Member

So the game has only one achievement? I believe you get it once you've finished the story...?

The_Monk

It's weird because in the store page of the game it doesn't say it has achievement(s).

I believe it was recently added good sir. When I played the game (just a couple months after release day) there wasn't any achievements. You can see the picture I put it there but that would be a Spoiler, I believe.

Gbraga

So many games to play in the near future. The second Raven episode came out today as well, can't wait to play it.

I also have to play through Amnesia before the second one comes out (I'd prefer to finish it before Outlast comes out, since I have that preordered as well, but I'm not sure I'm brave enough to do it haha)

Tizoc

True indeed. They even decided to charge full-price as well :/

That's what I mean. If they know it's a game that'll stuggle to make any sales at all, can the damn game.

lp3 is getting mixed impressions from what I gathered in the LP3 OT. PC ver. is pretty good though.

JaseC

Prognostication: Lost Planet 3 will be met with a tepid critical and commercial reception, yet will be discounted by no more than 50% come the Winter Sale.

Nymphae

Banned
Rock Paper Shotgun's Skullgirls impressions.

Full impression can be found here.

Good read, really didn't agree with the comments about the art style. People really seem to be bothered by sexualized art styles this year. He says "From backgrounds to special effects, it’s lovingly rendered, I just wish it had been done with a little more respect". So it looks awesome, plays awesome, but has some sexualized character designs. So fucking what?

MNC

Guysssss i was kind of serious with that question. I maybe kind of want to do a holo android steam or something for when I'm bored.
Though I probably can't do buyinv stuff, maybe improve the storefront layout and chat. I dunno. Bored.

chronomac

Good read, really didn't agree with the comments about the art style. People really seem to be bothered by sexualized art styles this year. He says "From backgrounds to special effects, it’s lovingly rendered, I just wish it had been done with a little more respect". So it looks awesome, plays awesome, but has some sexualized character designs. So fucking what?

Well it bothered the writer so it's safe to assume it'll bother others. How many? That's hard to say, but it bothered me. I played a few rounds in the beta and was really turned off by it. There just doesn't seem to be a point to the art style except to appeal to adolescent boys. Do we really need cleavage spilling out of a dress? It's just pointless sexism to me.

Deques

New bundle from IndieGala
This time it features Theatre of War. All Steam

Three tiers

Tier 1
Theatre Of War
Tier 2
Theatre of War 2: Kursk 1943
Theatre of War 2 - Battle for Caen DLC
Theatre of War 2: Africa 1943
Theatre of War 2: Centauro DLC
Tier 3
Theatre of War 3: Korea

JaseC

207490_2013-08-27_000puzit.jpg

One more world (I presume) and then I'll be done! But that's a job for tomorrow.

New bundle from IndieGala
This time it features Theatre of War. All Steam

Three tiers

Tier 1
Theatre Of War
Tier 2
Theatre of War 2: Kursk 1943
Theatre of War 2 - Battle for Caen DLC
Theatre of War 2: Africa 1943
Theatre of War 2: Centauro DLC
Tier 3
Theatre of War 3: Korea

Cheers, I was missing Kursk and the DLC. Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Theatre of War 2 Africa 1943 -- MB-49BA7598C6A7A12E - Taken by Ingueferroque
Theatre of War -- MB-0E520DECFDDA5CD9 - Taken by chronomac
Theatre of War 3 Korea -- MB-A991C4E52051E9F7 - Taken by YianGaruga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom