• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Molotov

9mbcL7m.jpg

SDWEAgN.gif

Vecks

I am so pleased about Signal Ops getting greenlit. The game sounds and looks very intriguing.

Signal Ops blends elements of a tactical shooter, stealth, strategy, and puzzle solving. Your squad can be customized each mission by selecting from six agents with unique abilities* and equipment (I have shamefully pulled this from the Greenlight page).

The developers have announced that the Steam version will feature improved online co-op courtesy of Steamworks. They will also add Cloud Saves amongst other things. They haven't detailed what those other features will be.

Trailer
Site
You are right. That sounds and looks like a really good concept.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
does it work with steam?

Yes, it's a Steamworks game.

Baldur's Gate 2:EE coming out November 19th. Article doesn't mention a Steam release and I wouldn't be surprised if they skipped the platform considering how much Atari screwed them over.

This doesn't make any sense; after Overhaul fixed whatever roadblock it had with Atari regarding development of BG2EE and distribution of the Steam version of BGEE, the latter no longer has anything to do with Baldur's Gate. In fact, there's no publisher mentioned on the store page of BGEE at all now, so I can only assume it's being self-published.

Origins was DRM free actually I believe.

Yep.

Grief.exe

This doesn't make any sense; after Overhaul fixed whatever roadblock it had with Atari regarding development of BG2EE and distribution of the Steam version of BGEE, the company no longer has anything to do with Baldur's Gate.

I was just saying that they might be soured on Steam due to that whole issue.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Speaking of Thomas Was Alone.... jesus christ the game is boring. What do people see in the game? At least Dear Esther was interesting to look at from an artistic standpoint. TWA has nothing.

Maybe I just need to experience it on dat glorious OLED screen so I can better understand it.

Might be, but I bet their steam sales still killed the other options making it worth the potential trouble. Either way I hope they make enough to produce BG3...and of course I hope that it is actually good...

What do I get rid of you guys?

Incredipede, afterfall, primordia, akaneiro, miasmata.

Speaking of Thomas Was Alone.... jesus christ the game is boring. What do people see in the game? At least Dear Esther was interesting to look at from an artistic standpoint. TWA has nothing.

It didn't do it for me either. But it was ok.

JaseC

I know, and I'm saying the rationale of "Atari tried to screw us over with the Steam version of BGEE, so we're not going to release the sequel on Steam even though we don't have to deal with Atari any more" doesn't have any logic to it. :p

The lighting in Aliens: Colonial Marines is still completely broken for me. Went through it fine the first time(as fine as it could be I suppose) but all of a sudden the lighting stopped working and everything is near pitch black, dynamic lights in particular are very dim, etc. It's weird, even did a full re-install. Perhaps my save is corrupted? Cloud did pull it back.

Incredipede, afterfall, primordia, akaneiro, miasmata.

Miasmata is great though :/

MIasmata is perfectly fine outside of some general poor optimization/performance given the small team and a few broken achievements. Also the most interesting game on the list by far. Although La Mulana is a great game, I need to get back to the steam version and get the achievements.

JaseC

Akaneiro is apparently going F2P

It's always been an F2P game. The Steam version is $10 as it includes a "Starter Pack", though once the game is no longer Early Access I assume it'll become F2P on Steam also and said pack will be offered as DLC, which is (partly) why I bought it now.

Jawmuncher

It's always been an F2P game. The Steam version is $10 as it includes a "Starter Pack", though once the game is no longer Early Access I assume it'll go F2P and said pack will become DLC, which is (partly) why I bought the game now.

Ahhh ok. Recall reading about it in the other thread and was unsure what the deal was.

Grief.exe

Might be, but I bet their steam sales still killed the other options making it worth the potential trouble. Either way I hope they make enough to produce BG3...and of course I hope that it is actually good...

I don't think they were ever able to recover any money from the Steam sales. Atari was getting it all and, last I heard, they weren't able to get ahold of their percentage.

JaseC

Ahhh ok. Recall reading about it in the other thread and was unsure what the deal was.

I think Spicy Horse is just counting on the fact that Steam users will buy anything to make some money on the game before the decision is made to make the Steam version F2P also. :p

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Mutant Blobs Attack is such a delightful game. For anyone who picked up Guacamelee, play Mutant Blobs Attack. It is a side scrolling blob platformer with the Katamari mechanic of absorbing things smaller than you to get bigger.

It is not a challenging game, but it is so fun. The last level is excellent.

JaseC

I don't think they were ever able to recover any money from the Steam sales. Atari was getting it all and, last I heard, they weren't able to get ahold of their percentage.

Overhaul hasn't gone into detail ever since stating (well, implying) that its squabble with Atari had been settled. Whether Overhaul agreed to let Atari keep the money just to get the bickering over with or Atari finally agreed to cough up what it owed, we don't know.

You bought 5 copies already, didn't you.

Just the one. ;) I am thinking of stocking up on the Alien games when they're next on sale, though, as I'm sure Sega will drop the license eventually -- being able to offer all three games would surely fetch a ton of keys.

Jawmuncher

Ride to Hell: Retribution is down to £20.

Only another month or so until it hits that £5 sweet spot.[/QUOTE

Have been watching reviews and is love to play it fine 5 or less. I oddly enough get enjoyment from bad games so long As the price is right.

The impression I'm getting from this thread is that Aliens: Colonial Marines is a must-play.

It's always been must play. Just everyone has different reasons as to why to play it.

I tried to play the Army Proving Grounds Beta but people keep kicking me out. I think the longest I stayed in a game was 0mins. Oh well, guess i'll play this game once it's out of beta then.

JaseC

The impression I'm getting from this thread is that Aliens: Colonial Marines is a must-play.

Since you're here: I accidentally clicked "Mark forums read" earlier (I was aiming for "Your posts" -- thanks, touchpad). Is it possible to undo that?

Edit: I suppose, given the speed at which GAF threads move, it'll be a non-issue in a matter of hours.

JaseC

$5 for Aliens Colonial Marines? It can't be that bad.

The game is a little better now that it's been patched, apparently. It's unlikely to be cheaper in the future, so if you're at all interested there's no harm in snapping it up.

Edit: I was hoping I'd wake up to the DLC being on sale. Thanks for nothing, Sega.

Turfster

$5 for Aliens Colonial Marines? It can't be that bad.

It totally is though.
It's a masterpiece of horror.

The game is a little better now that it's been patched, apparently. It's unlikely to be cheaper in the future, so if you're at all interested there's no harm in snapping it up.

Edit: I was hoping I'd wake up to the DLC being on sale. Thanks for nothing, Sega.

Amazon is selling the Season pass for 6$

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Since you're here: I accidentally clicked "Mark forums read" earlier (I was aiming for "Your posts" -- thanks, touchpad). Is it possible to undo that?

Edit: I suppose, given the speed at which GAF threads move, it'll be a non-issue in a matter of hours.

Nope, it's a vbulletin thing, irreversible.

It isn't on PC anyway

Edit: meant the PC version isn't bad at that pric e
Oh. I was confused there for a sec. Ha ha.

Yeah, I was interested during the Summer sale, but I held out for a cheaper price. I wanted some of the DLC, but I figure that'll go on sale laer anyway.

It totally is though.
It's a masterpiece of horror.
Masterpiece like B-Movie quality?

I am a huge Aliens fan and bought the game day 1. It is my biggest purchase regret in gaming history. They should pay you to play the game its that bad!

I'm not a huge Aliens fan, as I've only seen the first movie and Prometheus, so I have little investment in the franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom