• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

hlhbk

Oh. I was confused there for a sec. Ha ha.

Yeah, I was interested during the Summer sale, but I held out for a cheaper price. I wanted some of the DLC, but I figure that'll go on sale laer anyway.

Masterpiece like B-Movie quality?

I'm not a huge Aliens fan, as I've only seen the first movie and Prometheus, so I have little investment in the franchise.

Do yourself a favor see Aliens, forget you ever saw the terrible Prometheus, and DON'T PLAY ALIENS:CM!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of Thomas Was Alone.... jesus christ the game is boring. What do people see in the game? At least Dear Esther was interesting to look at from an artistic standpoint. TWA has nothing.

Maybe I just need to experience it on dat glorious OLED screen so I can better understand it.
I found the gameplay to be fun, and the story to be engaging, if a bit confusing.

Loved the game. It hitted all the right notes for me. And the soundtrack is beautiful.

Too bad, it's a pretty fun game. I've been playing it to blow off steam and actually get kills in between Rising Storm sessions.

I did make this awesome 100+ meter shot.
I murdered my countryman in cold blood.

I seriously should have looked into the game before downloading it. I did not know this game was made by the army. I'll try to play the game again tomorrow, but hearing this game was made by them kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth for some reason.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Mutant Blobs Attack is such a delightful game. For anyone who picked up Guacamelee, play Mutant Blobs Attack. It is a side scrolling blob platformer with the Katamari mechanic of absorbing things smaller than you to get bigger.

It is not a challenging game, but it is so fun. The last level is excellent.
My first reaction was to think "What game is that?". My second one was looking at the taskbar and seeing that it was actually the game I'm currently idling on.

I haven't tried to buy a game I already own yet, so I'm still not a lost cause :p

I seriously should have looked into the game before downloading it. I did not know this game was made by the army. I'll try to play the game again tomorrow, but hearing this game was made by them kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth for some reason.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9geAh5ll78I

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I prefer the theatrical cuts of both Alien and Aliens. The rest of the films in the series don't exist as far as I'm concerned.

You are missing the superior film then, it is called Alien 3.
Alien is my fav.

Grief.exe

That doesn't sound good. But either way Atari will still be getting it on steam at some stage.

Atari doesn't even control the rights anymore, so they won't be a problem.

Americas army proving ground is fun. if you like tactical shooters, try it out. If anyone is playing it and has a mic, get at me.

How big is the download? I'm going to try it out.

Has rising even popped up on steam DB

I haven't seen it, but its so much easier to hide apps now.

So I went onto Joystiq again and it turns out I was looking at the wrong beta. I wasn't looking for the Proving Grounds Beta, I was looking for the Tactical Intervention Beta that just came out.

This is what happens when I fast click on the first thing that says beta.

I heard they were awful, so I got both Alien and Aliens as individual discs instead of the Anthology.

That's a shame because you're missing out on all of the incredible extras included with the anthology set for not much more money. Not to mention the producer's cut of Aliens 3 is a better film than Aliens "Let's make the aliens as powerful and common as rats while sprouting jingoistic nonsense" anyway. Aliens Resurrection isn't great but it's pretty enjoyable and weird with some neat special effects. It's directed by the guy who did Amelie and Delicatessen, and it feels very much along those lines so in the context of the Aliens franchise it stands out in a love it or hate it way. If nothing else the aids alien is both terrifying and hilarious in equal measure.

Momentary

Banned
I'm done with buying games until OCTOBER... DONE!!!!

Last batch of games are going to be Valdis Story, Danmaku Unlimited 2 (gambling on them getting released onto Steam) Project Phoenix, and Pac-Man.... Everything else can kiss my ass...

Really hope that going with Outlast instead of Amnesia on my last haul was the right thing to do.

Alien Rage and Shadow Warrior do look pretty slick and so does Angry Video Game Nerd.... I can do this. I can wait for huge discount sales later.

I'm done with buying games until OCTOBER... DONE!!!!

Last batch of games are going to be Valdis Story, Danmaku Unlimited 2 (gambling on them getting released onto Steam) Project Phoenix, and Pac-Man.... Everything else can kiss my ass...

Really hope that going with Outlast instead of Amnesia on my last haul was the right thing to do.

Alien Rage and Shadow Warrior do look pretty slick and so does Angry Video Game Nerd.... I can do this. I can wait for huge discount sales later.
Done with buying games? You are in a Steam thread, we don't stop buying, just buy less.

Well, if it was some Plan 5 from Outer Space, then I'd be in like Flynn.

I have Aliens, but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.
By Aliens, you mean the movie? The sequel-to-Alien Aliens? And you haven't seen it yet...O_O

That is an absolute action/sci fi classic. One of my all time favorites. It builds tension masterfully in the first half, the action is awesome in the second half while still being suspenseful, and the effects still hold up.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Bought A:CM.

Gimme recommendations for the Greenlight sale. I will probably pick up Rogue Legacy and Divekick, another others?

There are lots of good games, but almost nothing is a particularly good sale and in today's age of constant indie bundle overload, it's hard to imagine these being the best prices you can get on these games. Personally I'd consider waiting for the winter sale.

Instro

Why was I not aware of Contraption Maker??? People behind The Incredible Machine making essentially an new Incredible Machine, all my monies.

I'm actually really surprised at how satisfying the platforming is in DLC Quest. It's pretty fun to jump around on platforms. The game feels a lot more enjoyable than Evoland. I wanted to like that game, but it got a bit long in the tooth for what it was.

That's a shame because you're missing out on all of the incredible extras included with the anthology set for not much more money. Not to mention the producer's cut of Aliens 3 is a better film than Aliens "Let's make the aliens as powerful and common as rats while sprouting jingoistic nonsense" anyway. Aliens Resurrection isn't great but it's pretty enjoyable and weird with some neat special effects. It's directed by the guy who did Amelie and Delicatessen, and it feels very much along those lines so in the context of the Aliens franchise it stands out in a love it or hate it way. If nothing else the aids alien is both terrifying and hilarious in equal measure.
I'm already in too deep, so getting the Anthology now would be out of the question, sadly. Maybe I'll try renting them at some point to view them.

By Aliens, you mean the movie? The sequel-to-Alien Aliens? And you haven't seen it yet...O_O

That is an absolute action/sci fi classic. One of my all time favorites. It builds tension masterfully in the first half, the action is awesome in the second half while still being suspenseful, and the effects still hold up.
Yeah, the sequel to Alien. I didn't watch Alien until last year, right before Prometheus. I was actually a little surprised how well the movie holds up today. Despite a few dated issues, like the room with all of the 3" TVs.

mannerbot

Mutant Blobs Attack is such a delightful game. For anyone who picked up Guacamelee, play Mutant Blobs Attack. It is a side scrolling blob platformer with the Katamari mechanic of absorbing things smaller than you to get bigger.

It is not a challenging game, but it is so fun. The last level is excellent.

I played a few levels and was bored to death, sadly. I wanted to like it. Maybe I'll give it another try someday, but it's firmly in the backlog for now...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Alien is my fav.

heavy-weapons-guy-tea61ynw.gif

I'm actually really surprised at how satisfying the platforming is in DLC Quest. It's pretty fun to jump around on platforms. The game feels a lot more enjoyable than Evoland. I wanted to like that game, but it got a bit long in the tooth for what it was.

I'm already in too deep, so getting the Anthology now would be out of the question, sadly. Maybe I'll try renting them at some point to view them.

Yeah, the sequel to Alien. I didn't watch Alien until last year, right before Prometheus. I was actually a little surprised how well the movie holds up today. Despite a few dated issues, like the room with all of the 3" TVs.
Ha, yeah. It's always pretty fun watching movies from the 80s and 90S and realized how far technology has come. So many plots would have been solved so easily with a modern computer/smartphone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom