• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard the new Daedalic Game Memoria is like 17$ in the US-Store, 35€ here in Germany and just about 6-7€ in Russia. Can anyone confirm that?

Okay.

That is kinda shameless. I know Daedalic is a german dev, but why sell it here higher than everywhere else? It seems only in the german shop it costs like 35€...

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I just bit on Surgeon Simulator 2013 and AVGN Adventures. Those 10 bucks made from selling cards were put to good use, I believe. Also bought Singularity from Amazon. And I still haven't finished Dust nor started Castlevania yet, and Rayman Legends is unlocking in a few days here (haven't finished Origins, of course).

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Okay.

That is kinda shameless. I know Daedalic is a german dev, but why sell it here higher than everywhere else? It seems only in the german shop it costs like 35€...

Enhanced Steam is your friend:

XVaDAJW.png

I quoted the wrong message, but whatever.. :p

Nabs

Okay.

How is the retail market in Germany? It could be why the price is so out of it. I'd just say fuck it and pick it up for 3-4 keys.

Alien8

I don't know if it has been posted before, but seems Steam is showing supported languages for each game in a different (more readable) way than before.

U2CkNPl.jpg
C1GVDEO.jpg

How is the retail market in Germany? It could be why the price is so out of it. I'd just say fuck it and pick it up for 3-4 keys.

Hm.
Adventure-Games are really popular here. Its the biggest market for those point and click Games as far as I know. At least for the Daedalic-ones.

Anyone knows where to pick it up for 3-4 keys? :D

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam is your friend:

XVaDAJW.png

I quoted the wrong message, but whatever.. :p

Actually, this isn't Enhanced Steam. Enhanced Steam currently doesn't show other region price information. It's a feature that's currently in development, but I want to make sure it's done "right" from the get-go.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Hm.
Adventure-Games are really popular here. Its the biggest market for those point and click Games as far as I know. At least for the Daedalic-ones.

Anyone knows where to pick it up for 3-4 keys? :D

Give me the equivalent to 22.49 reais in Steam Wallet Credits from your region and I'll buy it for you.

If you lived in Euroland, that would be 7.15 Euro. Since you can only get 5 or 10 euro steam wallet cards, maybe it would be worth it, as the game costs 18 euros in some regions.

Or you could paypal me the money, but you'd have to add 10% on paypal taxes.

Actually, this isn't Enhanced Steam. Enhanced Steam currently doesn't show other region price information. It's a feature that's currently in development, but I want to make sure it's done "right" from the get-go.

Sorry, I always bunch both of the extensions together.

Steam Price Comparison extesion is the one that does that.

Give me the equivalent to 22.49 reais in Steam Wallet Credits from your region and I'll buy it for you.

If you lived in Euroland, that would be 7.15 Euro. Since you can only get 5 or 10 euro steam wallet cards, maybe it would be worth it, as the game costs 18 euros in some regions.

How to give you Steam wallet credits?

Turfster

Okay.

Because the voice acting (and sometimes translation) in the non-german versions is pretty horribad.... and Germany is the biggest adventure game market left, pretty much ;)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Valve temporarily lifted their restrictions on people who were trying to trade but didn't have SteamGuard enabled for the past 15 days.

We are going to make some alterations to the current restriction to make it less sensitive for users. Once the changes are made we will be sure to let you know ahead of time before they go live.

For now, the restriction has been turned off. You are now free to trade and/or use the market if you were hitting this.

Will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Acccent

You guys talking about uPlay really shows how badly terrible decisions can hurt a company and how important, yet volatile, goodwill is...

I converted to Christianity in Shogun 2 and went several years before realizing that I forgot to replace my Buddhist temples with Christian ones, inciting a series of riot after riot in across my land *smashes head on desk* These games are so stressful.

Nabs

You guys should try playing Ghost Recon in co-op sometime. Uplay integration is hil-arious. Spoiler: you have to remove your friend from your Uplay friends list to be able find them in-game. They just won't show up and you'll go crazy while trying to figure it out.

I'm currently playing Fallout New Vegas. I got to Helios One and want to know if
the Archimides II is worth it. Should I get it or is it better to redirect the energy to somewhere else?

derExperte

Okay.

According to a comment by a Daedalic employee on the Steam forum it's Deep Silver's decision, they helped to fund the game and have 100% control over the prices. Same with Night of the Rabbit. Deep Silver is really getting on my nerves lately, this, the aggressive SR4 region lock stuff, a more casual Metro 3, shamelessly releasing absolutely terrible games like Ride to Hell, cutting support for Risen 2...

Grief.exe

You guys should try playing Ghost Recon in co-op sometime. Uplay integration is hil-arious. Spoiler: you have to remove your friend from your Uplay friends list to be able find them in-game. They just won't show up and you'll go crazy while trying to figure it out.

Issues like that should be really easy to replicate in QA. It gives off the impression that Ubisoft just doesn't care.

Turfster

According to a comment by a Daedalic employee on the Steam forum it's Deep Silver's decision, they helped to fund the game and have 100% control over the prices. Same with Night of the Rabbit. Deep Silver is really getting on my nerves lately, this, the aggressive SR4 region lock stuff, a more casual Metro 3, shamelessly releasing absolutely terrible games like Ride to Hell, cutting support for Risen 2...

Gotta squeeze that stone until there is not a drop of fucking blood left in it.

why would it be a disaster? other ubi games seem fine.

ibpScXVb0zzAlQ.gif

You should check the Splinter Cell section of the Steam forums and Ubisoft's official page as well. (and that's just for the latest release)

Rayman will be fine. There is a lot less to it than a game like Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs, and Rainbow Six

Turfster

Rayman will be fine. There is a lot less to it than a game like Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs, and Rainbow Six
Didn't people here have trouble actually getting the new Rayman to boot because it wanted a stupid invalid resolution?

One thing Ubi games aren't anymore is 'fine'.

Acccent

Issues like that should be really easy to replicate in QA. It gives off the impression that Ubisoft just doesn't care.

Believe me, Ubi cares and does try to make things right. There's a combination of past awful policies that are a pain to get rid of and plain clumsiness, or in some cases, outright ineptitude I guess, that result in people still not being able to play games without any hurdle. But you can't accuse them of not trying/willing to get better.

edit: and I do believe that a petition that garners enough attention with actual intelligent suggestions might help things change. I mean, it won't magically solve anything, because as I said people at Ubisoft are already aware that there are problems and do actively try to resolve them, but they won't ignore feedback and if you happen to come up with something that's possible to do and seems alright to them, it might be a first step to see it applied in the future...

Grief.exe

Believe me, Ubi cares and does try to make things right. There's a combination of past awful policies that are a pain to get rid of and plain clumsiness, or in some cases, outright ineptitude I guess, that result in people still not being able to play games without any hurdle. But you can't accuse them of not trying/willing to get better.

I can concede they have objectively gotten better. Ubisoft really started at the bottom of the barrel, so the only way to go was up.

Hopefully by the time Division is released they have made some significant progress. Luckily, that is the only game in Ubisoft's library I'm even interested in. I have a tertiary interest in Watch Dogs and Splinter Cell: Blacklist, but not a strong desire to play them.

I haven't had any trouble with Rayman. I doubt Legends will be any different.

Lots of people reported issues with Legend. When it launched through steam, UPLAY popped up and required a key. There was no key.
This has now been fixed, but these type of things should never happen when you have already chosen one DD platform.

As for a petition to get it removed? I'm all in favour. However I already think Ubisoft are showing their hand by not answering questions about it or listing it on the steam page before purchase. They know it is something gamers don't want. It is still there. I doubt they'll do anything about it.
The solution is to buy their games only on console...which I think is their point.

Turfster

Believe me, Ubi cares and does try to make things right. There's a combination of past awful policies that are a pain to get rid of and plain clumsiness, or in some cases, outright ineptitude I guess, that result in people still not being able to play games

The main problem I have with Ubisoft is that they're so *inconsistent*.
U: "Oh the piracy, we need to have STARFORCE!"
C: "Um, we really hate Starforce. It ruins systems."
U: "Okay, I know what we'll do! We'll make our releases DRM free!"
C: "Yay, thank you Ubisoft!"
U: "Oh the piracy, we'll add another type of drm!"
C: "Um, we really hate this DRM, it ruins our games and makes them unplayable."
U: "Okay, I know what we'll do! We'll make our releases DRM free!"
C: "Yay, thank you Ubisoft!"
U: "Oh the piracy, we'll add another type of drm, this time linked to our very own digital garden!"
C: "Um, we really hate this digital garden and the drm is still ruining games."
U: "Uh, we'll... try to make the drm work better?"

Also, fuck them for shoving PC releases out the door ages later like they're redheaded stepchildren.

Nillansan

I am so pleased about Signal Ops getting greenlit. The game sounds and looks very intriguing.

Signal Ops blends elements of a tactical shooter, stealth, strategy, and puzzle solving. Your squad can be customized each mission by selecting from six agents with unique abilities* and equipment (I have shamefully pulled this from the Greenlight page).

The developers have announced that the Steam version will feature improved online co-op courtesy of Steamworks. They will also add Cloud Saves amongst other things. They haven't detailed what those other features will be.

Trailer
Site

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Is it normal for Surgeon Simulator 2013 to be so incredibly hard? I couldn't manage to beat the first surgery after 3 failed attempts.

This seems to be a great party game though, when all your friends can laugh at your miserable failures. But not for long, because when it's their turn to lose you'll be the one who's laughing.

Fox318

I am so pleased about Signal Ops getting greenlit. The game sounds and looks very intriguing.

Signal Ops blends elements of a tactical shooter, stealth, strategy, and puzzle solving. Your squad can be customized each mission by selecting from six agents with unique abilities* and equipment (I have shamefully pulled this from the Greenlight page).

The developers have announced that the Steam version will feature improved online co-op courtesy of Steamworks. They will also add Cloud Saves amongst other things. They haven't detailed what those other features will be.

Trailer
Site
Wow. That looks really cool.

Its on gog now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom