• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Me too, he was such a great guy. He introduced me to gaming in the Atari 2600 / NES era and was pretty directly responsible for my lifelong love of all things video game related.

As Cheesecake said, don't worry about the plugin for now. Take your time.

I'm going with too many idiots forgetting to remove their credit card data or whatever and whining to Valve. (It's probably more along the lines not allowing subletting.)

Yep. You would quite quickly have a marketplace where people would create an account, buy one game and then "hire it out" for a week or something for a fee.

maneil99

So Kentucky Route zero is 50% off, why isn't that being promoted, just sold a copy and was confused why it was so low, I shouldn't be hearing about sales from buyers before I see it on steam

So Kentucky Route zero is 50% off, why isn't that being promoted, just sold a copy and was confused why it was so low, I shouldn't be hearing about sales from buyers before I see it on steam

You might have missed the huge greenlight sale banner. Easy mistake, it is hidden away at the very top of the main steam page...

CtObcNm.png

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Eador Masters of the Broken World -- MB-800BFB1A056117E2 - Taken by Nabs

Hopefully I didn't mess this up. I got a copy of the game from JaseC, and then I increased my pledge for the Groupees bundle so I thought I'd give my code away. This includes Eador Genesis.

It's just a giant collection of games thrown into the greenlight page though. No one particular game is getting much notice as far as I could tell. Some recent titles too which is kind of iffy but whatever.

The_Monk

I'll try to be as responsive as possible with any issues, but my grandfather passed away this morning

I'm sorry to hear that fellow GAFfer, hang in there.

If there's anything that I (that we) can do please, let us know. You've been a great GAFfer and you've supported this amazing community by doing a great job with Enhanced Steam.

Stay strong good sir, we are right here, with you.

I'll try to be as responsive as possible with any issues, but my grandfather passed away this morning and I'm going to be a little busy this week making arrangements to fly across the country to attend the funeral.

Been through that myself, you have my condolences. Be strong.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Why is it against the ToS to sell a steam account?

I've always wanted to due to me knowing I could get a lot of money out of it, just curious.

Yep. You would quite quickly have a marketplace where people would create an account, buy one game and then "hire it out" for a week or something for a fee.

That probably has a something to do with it, but I think it has more of the Digital Distribution present you live in:

When you buy a game on Steam, you buy a personal and not transferable license to play that game.

Selling that would transfer that license to somebody else, and that's a big nono for the publishers.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys just wanted to drop a quick note and let you know that I uploaded Enhanced Steam for Chrome version 4.4 to Google. Here is the changelog:

• Adds "X games with drops remaining" to badge page
  • Adds foil badge progress link to non-foil badge progress page
  • Fixes a bug where foil badges were linking to non-foil market pages
  • Better uPlay and GFWL DRM detection on app pages
  • Adds highlighting to more sales pages, midweek and weekend deals
  • Adds price per game to multi-pack purchase options

I'll try to be as responsive as possible with any issues, but my grandfather passed away this morning and I'm going to be a little busy this week making arrangements to fly across the country to attend the funeral.
Sorry to hear it man. Don't worry about Steam or anything else, family is always first. Take however much time for yourself you need.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
In the mood for a Psychonauts replay, I beat it twice in the past but still need to do it once with the copy I have on Steam. I think I'll go for 100%, again. Finally crafting that badge too.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Is shadow warrior a throwback game like rise of the triad?
No. It takes the original concept into current mechanics and adds several innovations to boot. It is inspired by the original game but it is actually a prequel and a full-fledged new production.

Grief.exe

In the mood for a Psychonauts replay, I beat it twice in the past but still need to do it once with the copy I have on Steam. I think I'll go for 100%, again. Finally crafting that badge too.

The 100% for Psychonauts sounds like a grueling grind.

No. It takes the original concept into current mechanics and adds several innovations to boot. It is inspired by the original game but it is actually a prequel and a full-fledged new production.

This is a good description.

Look up the WTF is by Total Biscuit for more info.

Momentary

Banned
2 or 3 of these might now work because I can't remember if I already gave the keys away. If I did I apologize.

IF you get Primordia and the key doesn't work then that's the one I used for myself BUT I have an extra. PM me if the key you get doesn't activate it so I can give you the non activated one.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 27 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Don't Starve -- MB-4502AB200529DC32 - Taken by Sinatar
Oil Rush -- MB-E589D602D885CC82 - Taken by Cloudius12
Eufloria -- MB-013E13602A1463C9 - Taken by v0rtikal
Hotline Miami -- MB-DB7AD53616D9B638 - Taken by trailmix16
A Valley Without Wind 1 and 2 -- MB-667EE6489E2CB6AE - Taken by Turfster
Nightsky -- MB-EAB553393B99CD8A - Taken by Retne
Resident Evil 5 -- MB-C6CAFBD0A12BF955 - Taken by Widdly Scuds
Dead Space -- MB-2EDE00091BA932FD
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-09F786350AF87192
Dungeon Hearts -- MB-31D7C2EF4B23FD1A - Taken by Melted77
Bioshock -- MB-C498F62C268C1417 - Taken by Razorskin
Splice -- MB-3382EABCB8172263 - Taken by Accent
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-4915E7FEA7944F4C - Taken by PandaPedinte
Crysis 2 -- MB-6AFD449EBD301001 - Taken by Deques
Fractal -- MB-0AAB4D54BF002364 - Taken by Tellaerin
Little Inferno -- MB-DA973A6A2E192E09 - Taken by statham
Dungeon Defenders -- MB-7067F112EBCDA77E - Taken by properpropaganda - Taken by BorntoPlay
Frozen Synapse -- MB-B2602DAC27A8F1CB - Taken by rainking187
Frozen Synapse #2 -- MB-A484D3113E04BF44 - Taken by ricochetguro
Intrusion 2 -- MB-9E1D47AB01DBA7C4 - Taken by maneil99
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light -- MB-B83E3745CA99D9D5 - Taken by xenoflux2113
Fairy Bloom Freesia -- MB-79BB64F70B40C72A - Taken by ieavei
Cave Story Plus -- MB-44EFC11F711D321F - Taken by Jawmuncher
Mirror's Edge -- MB-8AEED02161715AF5
Primordia -- MB-88B20FECB71B5BC2 - Taken by Nabs
Warhammer: Dawn of War -- MB-1CDCE62C93ACC689 - Taken by Atraveller
Rayman Origins -- MB-3A595E3B5DC00E8C - Taken by Kuroyume

2 or 3 of these might now work because I can't remember if I already gave the keys away. If I did I apologize.

IF you get Primordia and the key doesn't work then that's the one I used for myself BUT I have an extra. PM me if the key you get doesn't activate it so I can give you the non activated one.

:O

Wow generous giveaway. Can't wait to punch a boulder. Thanks Rayge.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Wow what a giveaway. Thanks!

Razorskin

----- ------

Beautiful, thank you.

Incredible giveaway Rayge.
Edit: thanks!

Kuroyume

Banned

Thanks for Rayman Origins!

Btw, question for you guys... When you give a game away do you guys edit the PM from modbot (that you have to quote to post the giveaway) in order to display one of those small game images/banners?

Turfster

Thanks for A valley without wind, and best wishes to the soon to be new union!
(Damn, that sounds wrong. Husband & wife?)

Thanks for Rayman Origins!

Btw, question for you guys... When you give a game away do you guys edit the PM from modbot (that you have to quote to post the giveaway) in order to display one of those small game images/banners?

Modbot does it for you.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The 100% for Psychonauts sounds like a grueling grind.
100% collection isn't too tough (I did it and I didn't find it any tougher than just playing the game in general) but there are a couple of annoying achievements
Yeah I did 100% collection once and it wasn't problematic, I do enjoy collect-a-thons though. I want to go for achievements in this version (previous ones that I played, PS2 and non-Steam OSX, didn't have those), so I'll see how that goes.

Like simply passing
the Meat Circus.
Wasn't there an update on Steam that supposedly tweaked that stage to be less annoying? In any case, I'm kind of looking forward to suffering through it again for some reason. :lol

ieavei

Thanks Rayge for Fairy Bloom Freesia!

amrod

Splinter cell blacklist is hella buggy... I try to launch it when I only output HDMI (to 55" Plasma) it keeps crashing.... Change so it launches on my monitor (DVI out) and it works, but who wants to play on a small 30" :(

Thanks for Dawn of War!

Turfster

That strange cause I'm pretty sure it has never done it for the games I've given away. Maybe my memory is hazy

It's new-ish, and it needs to find the name rather exactly iirc, so it won't find Europa Universalis III if you put it as Europa Universalis 3, etc.

Splinter cell blacklist is hella buggy... I try to launch it when I only output HDMI (to 55" Plasma) it keeps crashing.... Change so it launches on my monitor (DVI out) and it works, but who wants to play on a small 30" :(

Did you do the recommended ini fix if you're playing in direct x 11 mode?

Are they currently any deals on the Crusader Kings II dlc? I don't believe the humble bundle includes any of it(or does it?)

Momentary

Banned
Thanks for A valley without wind, and best wishes to the soon to be new union!
(Damn, that sounds wrong. Husband & wife?)

We're already married. But after having planned the wedding a year in advance, I got deployed during the time we were supposed to get married so we tied the knot at the courthouse and now we're having a wedding ceremony on the 14th of September.

Turfster

We're already married. But after having planned the wedding a year in advance, I got deployed on the during the time we were supposed to get married so we tied the knot at the courthouse and now we're having a wedding ceremony on the 14th of September.

Ahh.. Well, have a wonderful ceremony!

amrod

Did you do the recommended ini fix if you're playing in direct x 11 mode?

Are they currently any deals on the Crusader Kings II dlc? I don't believe the humble bundle includes any of it(or does it?)

Yes... guess I'll delete it and wait for another patch to come out :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom