• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkroronoa

2 or 3 of these might now work because I can't remember if I already gave the keys away. If I did I apologize.

IF you get Primordia and the key doesn't work then that's the one I used for myself BUT I have an extra. PM me if the key you get doesn't activate it so I can give you the non activated one.

Thats an amazing giveway,bravo!

Thanks for Frozen Synapse! I've spent around a dozen hours in the game but a want to get a friend of mine playing with me.

Yes... guess I'll delete it and wait for another patch to come out :\
Did you go by the Blacklist thread? Have to imagine someone can help you out even if the fullscreen border ini fix was used.

On the subject of Primordia, I didn't know it was a greenlight title until this sale started. Does that mean future Wadjet Eye titles will have to go through greenlight?

Nabs

Galak-Z is coming to Steam next year. It's the latest title from 17-BIT. PAX interview.

On the subject of Primordia, I didn't know it was a greenlight title until this sale started. Does that mean future Wadjet Eye titles will have to go through greenlight?

We don't really know much about that situation. It was greenlit in less than a month (probably closer to 2 weeks). It could have simply been a marketing tool, or a slip up from Valve.

Jawmuncher

Did konami say anything about Castlevania Lords of Shadow if it sold well changing their perspective on the PC front. I'm assuming that goes along with the mystical rising port.

Konami especially with older titles would be nice to see on steam.

Momentary

Banned
A "you're welcome" to everyone who told me thank you. For those that don't know there are still a few little games to pick up on page 255. I guess I kind of made it a little exclusive with the rules I set, but I want those who give to get also.

Tellaerin

A "you're welcome" to everyone who told me thank you. For those that don't know there are still a few little games to pick up on page 255. I guess I kind of made it a little exclusive with the rules I set, but I want those who give to get also.

Thanks for Fractal, Rayge!

kennah

I'm a little late on the game for this one. But holy shit the Mac and Windows versions of XCOM share cloud saves. Amazing.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Larva Mortus -- MB-90A74D74A287C844 - Taken by BruteUA
Obulis -- MB-1F032FD1C59AFF6D - Taken by oipic
Greed: Black Border -- MB-766B1CE8D84D79C0 - Taken by Giard

2 or 3 of these might now work because I can't remember if I already gave the keys away. If I did I apologize.

IF you get Primordia and the key doesn't work then that's the one I used for myself BUT I have an extra. PM me if the key you get doesn't activate it so I can give you the non activated one.

thanks for Oil Rush.

Giard

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Thomas Was Alone -- MB-F9D030F7C5EA9772 - Taken by Pestilence11
The Showdown Effect -- MB-87F5F04027AF2E7C - Taken by Overdoziz

Giving away some stuff as well.

oipic

Thank you, Anonymous Benefactor, for Obulis - Xel gave it a very positive review, so I've been meaning to check it out for awhile now. Cheers!

Turfster

OMG THIS BOSS IN ALIENS COLONIAL MARINES IS THE WORST BOSS EVER IN A VIDEO GAME EVER NOT HYPERBOLE OMG

Y... You're still playing? I could only stomach ACM in blocks of an hour, with 2 weeks between those.
Now that, ladies and gentlemen, is dedication (and selfloathing ;)

def sim

these awful impressions just make me want to see it for myself. good thing that sale is over.

anyway, my left click isn't registering 100%

god damn it

these awful impressions just make me want to see it for myself. good thing that sale is over.

anyway, my left click isn't registering 100%

god damn it

Still on sale for another 13hrs or so!

I imagined I'd buy it when it hit $5, I may now revise that to $2.50 or sega humble charity bundle.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
(Sorry in advance for the "spoilers"). You fight a giant xenomorph. You are in a square arena with no cover. Regular xenomorphs come in over the walls in a steady stream. There are two AI partners with you. They cannot damage the giant xenomorph, only the regular xenomorphs. You fight the giant xenomorph in a powerlifter (a melee mech, basically).

- The friendly AI exclusively shoots the giant xenomorph that they cannot injure, generally ignoring the smaller xenomorphs which can still injure you. The smaller xenomorphs exclusively come after you, not the friendly AI.
- You move very slowly--because everyone likes games where you move very slowly. You have two attacks, a jab and a slash. Both take a long time and have a massive recovery period. You cannot use guns or grenades. So you need to be meticulous about attempting to attack anything because when you attack anything if you miss you will pay dearly
- Playing on hard it takes about 36 attacks to kill the boss (I've looked it up online--it takes 12 attacks to damage the boss and trigger a QTE-type scene of you trying to crush its head, and you need to do this three times to kill it)
- The boss kills you in 4 attacks; the baby xenomorphs do the exact same amount of damage.
- The boss's main attack is an unblockable headbutt which triggers a QTE-type scene which you cannot avoid. The way to avoid it is simply not being near it.
- Although the game has regenerating health, it does not regenerate during this fight because reasons.
- There are healing items in the arena but you can't get them because you're in the powerloader
- There is an achievement for beating the enemy on hard or harder in less than 1 minute; how on earth can you beat an enemy that takes 36 hits in 70 seconds when it takes more than 2 seconds to go through the hit animation?

So of course I google it...
- In a patch they dramatically increased this enemy's health
- It is generally believed to be impossible to get the achievement post-patch
- There are exactly two strategies to beat this boss on higher difficulties: 1) play in co-op and have your friends correctly target the smaller xenomorphs and hope for the best. 2) glitch the boss into a wall and beat the crap out of it with impunity.

wGIdytd.gif

Turfster

- The friendly AI exclusively shoots the giant xenomorph that they cannot injure, generally ignoring the smaller xenomorphs which can still injure you. The smaller xenomorphs exclusively come after you, not the friendly AI.
This sounds like what I remember from the main game. Dumbass AI stands there trying to hump the wall while all the xenos clamber up next to him and make a beeline for me.

def sim

Still on sale for another 13hrs or so!

I imagined I'd buy it when it hit $5, I may now revise that to $2.50 or sega humble charity bundle.

That's is probably the more sensible thing to do! I should be looking at mouse replacements instead of terrible games, anyway.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
You guys need to keep in mind that Stump plays -- and finds the positive qualities in -- games that are generally considered pretty bad.

This puts Aliens on another level.

I remember playing/streaming Aliens: Colonial Marines when it launched on steam(an hour before the embargo went up) and going through the first few stages which were pretty bland but if nothing else me and my friend were able to laugh and have a good time when we got to the stealth section. And then it just got so god awfully boring, cutscenes started loading black for my friend, and then as mentioned in my last post about the game the most offensively terrible retcon in gaming/film history occurred. It was kind of fun going back and skipping through the archived video and hearing our opinions on the game change across the hours.

More than anything, excepting the plot event, the game is just bizarrely bland and boring. It's one of the very few games I've played that actually made me think about why I was wasting my time and ponder what I was doing with my life. Was a dark period, bought Omerta soon afterwards *shudders* And I paid $47 for Defiance for some bizarre reason, if nothing else it was a learning experience.

Grief.exe

You guys need to keep in mind that Stump plays -- and finds the positive qualities in -- games that are generally considered pretty bad.

This puts Aliens on another level.

This is what I was going to say. If Stump is this frustrated, then the game is probably unbearable for a normal person.

Stump have you played Too Human? I actually liked that one despite the flaws.

I picked up Advent Rising today, that is another flawed game that I will probably find entertaining.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Playing Alien: Colonial Marines on anything other than easy is a mistake. The gunplay is so infuriating that it's just not worth suffering through it with enemies that can really hurt you. The shit checkpoints that Stump mentioned only made my decision to play it on easy even better.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
This is what I was going to say. If Stump is this frustrated, then the game is probably unbearable for a normal person.

Stump have you played Too Human? I actually liked that one despite the flaws.

I picked up Advent Rising today, that is another flawed game that I will probably find entertaining.

There's a fan patch for Advent Rising:

Link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom