• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh shit it's about time.

Why early access though? Isn't the game done on 360 already?

The port isn't feature-complete just yet:

We will be launching the controller-only version on Steam as part of their Early Access thing in a couple weeks or so - please note that I can't control the exact date, and I don't have one to give you. Then comes Sandbox (still testing, so again, I don't have an exact date), and before the year is out, the full mouse and keyboard PC version on Steam.

Turfster

Less than 4 hours until the humble weekly sale rolls over.
Time to start hyping ourselves up for the inevitable disappointment when it's not the X bundle!

Worst part about Bundle Stars is that their emails (and site) look like a Geocities page from 97

Indiegala is worse, tho.

does season 2 of The Walking Dead tie into season 1 at all? I hope so because that
epilogue
did nothing for me....slight let down after the ending

Derrick01

Banned
The port isn't feature-complete just yet:

Ehh I don't really like buying incomplete games ahead of time but if sandbox is the only thing missing (don't care about the mouse+keyboard support) at launch then that's acceptable for me. I was going to play the story mode first anyway. I was more concerned about gameplay elements missing like some of the survival stuff.

The important thing is they're going to launch before Dead State. I probably wouldn't have bought this if they didn't since Dead State looks like the deeper game, it's just not in full 3D.

Grief.exe

$24.99

I'd play the hell out of a crossover.

Kind of a trojan horse with one having Uplay.

Ehh I don't really like buying incomplete games ahead of time but if sandbox is the only thing missing (don't care about the mouse+keyboard support) at launch then that's acceptable for me. I was going to play the story mode first anyway. I was more concerned about gameplay elements missing like some of the survival stuff.

The important thing is they're going to launch before Dead State. I probably wouldn't have bought this if they didn't since Dead State looks like the deeper game, it's just not in full 3D.

I only buy Finnish games.

kafiend

A while ago, packs of the X games (space sims) were added to the steam database, and with X Rebirth around the corner, it would make sense to do a humble sale.

I ended up reinstalling X3TC and Albion Prelude yesterday because they were crashing on launch. I assumed that there must have been some update that broke some mods.

Still crashed on clean install. Turns out my usb headphones won't work in space. :(

Now I get to reinstall all the mods again.

oipic

Less than 4 hours until the humble weekly sale rolls over.
Time to start hyping ourselves up for the inevitable disappointment when it's not the X bundle!

I'm fully prepared for disappointment, and resigned to the fact that this mythical X bundle won't happen... at least any time soon - Egosoft's marketing and PR folks will be orchestrating this carefully with the Humble folks alongside the building of Rebirth hype... all of those Valve-style customer mind-control games all the cool devs/pubs play these days.

The X bundles got updates a few hours ago

Hope renewed! Thanks, Nabs - fingers crossed.

(not that I realistically have the time to learn/play/commit to Terran Conflict/Albion Prelude anyway, but... space games)

So guys...... Crusader Kings 2
Is this game great or what? I just put down a huge civil war, prevented another kingdom from taking advantage of my spread out forces while dealing with the civil war, took over Aleppo (and it's surrounding states because there was a rebellion in calling for my rule), beheaded one of the people leading the revolt, and imprisoned the rest. One of the imprisoned asked to be put in better conditions, so I felt merciful and did it, only for him to escape. I got the bastard, only for him to ask AGAIN to be put in better quarters, so I put him in even WORSE quarters (fool me once).

Is this game great or what?

I played EUIII loads back in the day, and have been playing it for the last week since I picked it up in the Paradox Bundle (which also gave us Crusader Kings 2).

Is it a similar game to EUIII. I want to give it a go after I'm finished my current campaign but want to know how similar/different it is before I do.

Cheers.

EDIT: I keep seeing people talking about the X-Bundle. How good are these X games, I've never played any of them before (or even come across them except in this thread) so don't really know what they are like.

Nabs

Hotline Miami ‏@HotlineMiami 31m
Massive update to Hotline Miami PC on Monday including fixes, leaderboards, Linux support, and windowed mode. More next week!

The beta patch is finally going live. Everyone should replay it.

Afro

Massive update to Hotline Miami PC on Monday including fixes, leaderboards, Linux support, and windowed mode. More next week!

been waiting so long for this. hope it fixes the random framerate drops and crashes, plus resolution settings.

Wow, good thing I bought them before that.

The game was removed from Steam because there is a technical issue with transfer the game to us from Paradox. It is transferred to us because the publishing agreement for the Windows version of Black Plague has come to an end. We don't know when it will be solved and are not able to do anything to solve the technical issue.

That was the reasoning from their developer. I don't really know what that means though.

EDIT: Beaten

Nillansan

Nice, this is what I have been waiting for.

kafiend

EDIT: I keep seeing people talking about the X-Bundle. How good are these X games, I've never played any of them before (or even come across them except in this thread) so don't really know what they are like.

I think they are fantastic although I would also say that they are not for everyone.
Masses of menus and buttons mixed in with a short poor tutorial might be enough to put many people off. Although if you can get over the learning cliff then you are in for a treat.

Its more Eve Online than freelancer in style so its space trading and combat fun times :)

It's beautiful
for its age

Lots of nice mods out there too.

Its one of those games where the plot is just a footnote to the game itself.

Nillansan

Will Isaac: Rebirth be available as paid DLC, free update or a standalone?

I am looking forward to Rebirth, the addition of co-op sounds very interesting and judging from the very limited amount of content that I have seen from the game, I think that the change in art style is for the better.

I am currently attempting to get the Golden God achievement in Wrath of the Lamb. Not an easy goal, but I am finding the process very enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom