• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolor

Rome 2 is so good. I have that delicious feeling of wanting to continue with my current playthrough but also wanting to start over new to use everything I have learned up to now from the start.

Derrick01

Banned
Im so damn tired of idling games for cards. But I want more money.

The price collapsing to nothing has saved me a lot of time. I used to idle right away even if I wanted to play something else which would be annoying but at least I was getting decent money out of it. Now I just wait until I feel like doing it since they're not going up from 10 cents any time soon.

Yeah it's bullshit, but the Paradox weekly was their 2nd most successful weekly bundle so we should probably get used to it.

Just missing Skyward Collapse, so I'm skipping it.

I knew it was going to happen, as the weekly bundle averages were pitifully low before they started doing this. Still, yeah, it's bullshit.

Thankfully, this is a bundle I can happily skip.

Sajjaja

I played EUIII loads back in the day, and have been playing it for the last week since I picked it up in the Paradox Bundle (which also gave us Crusader Kings 2).

Is it a similar game to EUIII. I want to give it a go after I'm finished my current campaign but want to know how similar/different it is before I do.

Cheers.

From what I'm reading, EU3 is more about playing as states where CK2 is about playing as characters/dynasties. CK2 is more about people/politics where EU3 is just like a strategy game.

Is the Game of Thrones RPG worth it if I enjoy the books/show?

Yes. It's a well written story but with janky mechanics. Worth it in my opinion.

From what I'm reading, EU3 is more about playing as states where CK2 is about playing as characters/dynasties. CK2 is more about people/politics where EU3 is just like a strategy game.

I haven't played much of CK2 myself (these Paradox strategy games are a time investment, I swear lol), but that's accurate as far as I can tell.

Yes. It's a well written story but with janky mechanics. Worth it in my opinion.

I can live with janky mechanics, I played Skyrim before. Thanks.

Get Warband and the clash of kings mod.

That's not on sale.

Grief.exe

Does that mod have spoilers in it if you are caught up on the TV show but haven't read the books past where it is?

Mount and Blade can't do anything to spoil you for the books and TV shows.

I'm sure the different regions are represented by houses and you just roam around and consolidate your empire. There are probably no story elements.

Jawmuncher

Was going to grab the humble bundle but the payment wasn't going through so I just clicked out. I'll take it as a act of god telling me not to bother.

FACE

Banned

iboXOuUpQnLmqi.gif

Is the Game of Thrones RPG worth it if I enjoy the books/show?

Get Crusader Kings II and install the GoT mod.

Nillansan

finally back home from my civil protection service

MirrorMoon EP, Brothers and Door Kickers look kinda cool *looks into wallet* eventually
I just picked up Brothers and MirrorMoon EP, I initially wanted to get Castle of Illusion, but went with the former instead due to the issues with the PC version of CoI. I will eventually pick up it up.

Let me know if you pick up MirrorMoon EP and if you are up for trying the co-op component, it sounds interesting.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Humble X Bundle is this generation's Vampire the Masquerade on Steam.

I just picked up Brothers and MirrorMoon EP, I initially wanted to get Castle of Illusion, but went with the former instead due to the issues with the PC version of CoI. I will eventually pick up it up.

Let me know if you pick up MirrorMoon EP and if you are up for trying the co-op component, it sounds interesting.

What issues the PC version of Castle of Ilusion has?

vazel

Banned
Funny how 777 Studios puts Rise of Flight on Steam to increase its userbase but then prices it at $50, for a 4-year old game in a niche genre. They could've bandwagoned on the coattails of War Thunder's popularity by releasing the F2P version on Steam. But they chose this way instead. Have fun with that 777.

Sure but it'll probably be a long time until I buy either since I'll be quite busy for the coming weeks/months :)

nexen

Funny how 777 Studios puts Rise of Flight on Steam to increase its userbase but then prices it at $50, for a 4-year old game in a niche genre. They could've bandwagoned on the coattails of War Thunder's popularity by releasing the F2P version on Steam. But they chose this way instead. Have fun with that 777.

Well, one positive is that I hadn't heard of their f2p game, which I'm now stoked to try.

Tenrius

La-Mulana cards are selling very slowly. Isn't it at least a little bit popular?

Tried the game for a bit, not sure what to think yet. It sure is charming though.

La-Mulana cards are selling very slowly. Isn't it at least a little bit popular?

Tried the game for a bit, not sure what to think yet. It sure is charming though.

I played for a bit and have 0 clue what i'm doing or where I'm going.

2-D Dark Souls sounds a bit accurate, except if you die in La-Mulana, there is no respawning

The GoT game is about 25 hours long, and storywise it's top-notch. Gameplay is a bit stale, but enjoyable nonetheless if you can look past some issues.

I would not recommend it to people who are new to the saga though, as it requires patience.

Not exactly. If you're looking to immerse yourself in the lore, the CK2 mod is perfect. It's not a normal strategy game. You play as the head of a family through generations. Its not a linear story but it's all about characters.

Hence the CK2 recommendation when someone says the GoT game us worth playing for the lore.

But it's a whole different pair of shoes to an RPG. One is a single storyline set inside the world, the other one is essentially creating your own story using the world as setting.

Also, I already own CK2 and that GoT mod, I just have to get around playing it.

idling DLC quest while i work at the disclaimer screen and i love it already. the title song is fantastic 8 bit shit. gonna enjoy making my 12 cents on this one. will have to play it asap but man. been nabbing so many cheap/free ps3/360/pc games lately it's hard.

why didn't this 'pay a dollar for 5 games/download games practically free' shit exist when i was a kid....i'd have to spend 2 months scrapping up dimes in order to afford an old version of nfl quarterback club back then. i had fun i guess but damn, it would rule to have a kid's free time in this day and age with the prices of these games.

I always think analogies are a poor place to start an argument.

Especially when the particular mod described is quite good.

Oh I'm not arguing against the mod (or CK2, which is as far as I can tell a fantastic game in its own right). I'm sure it's great for what it is. But as said, it's an entirely different experience to what that RPG is.

de1irium

No Chess games on steam? Talk about a goldmine... make it f2p, sell custom boards/sets, steamworks matchmaking/elo...

Does Valve have a policy against board games?

Nillansan

What issues the PC version of Castle of Ilusion has?

Apparently you have to edit a registry entry to set the resolution. The game also suffers from odd framerate locks that causes unresponsive controls and stutter.

There are some solutions in place and it seems somewhat straight forward, but I chose to pick the games that were more polished and playable without any fiddling.

You can read more about the issues and how to resolve them here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom