• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had steam guard for more than 15 days, got into the Skullgirls beta at least 30 days ago, and recently bought the game 2 days with a product key (there was a discount). Will the product key count as the "purchase"?

The product key was only for a discount, so you still had to buy it through the Steam Store? If so, it should count but just in case, check your account details (if you need help finding it, click on "[user]'s Account" on the top right). If it lists the game with "Steam Store" as the Acquisition Method, then yeah, it counts. If it's "Retail" then no, it doesn't.

I played some Mark Of The Ninja last night and I just can't really enjoy it anymore. The later stages are harder because they are much more random: I was at this part where there were two routes: other guarded by a dog and guard, other by 3 guards. The dog one was no go (straight line with a dog and guard, no possibilities to use items). The other room was just a tricky, which involved a firecracker that was placed inch by inch on the right section of the floor and still it seemed it was more a bug than a feature. I think the game would be much much much more fun if I could just blast through the levels but I blame Metal Gear Solid from the no kills/no alerts obsession. And those checkpoints... if you want to have a checkpoint the best point isn't a place where you have to spend a minute waiting for a guard walk past, smoke a cigarette, talk to a dog, trade cards on steam AND walk back, but rather that minute away.

Weird thing is that I liked first 4-5 levels very much. They were challenging at points, but not much random.

Also some bugs (features?) really annoy me. Dog goes woof, guard goes "huh?". Stand still on the wall and that continues to infinity unless you jump down.

Salex

Banned
The product key was only for a discount, so you still had to buy it through the Steam Store? If so, it should count but just in case, check your account details (if you need help finding it, click on "[user]'s Account" on the top right). If it lists the game with "Steam Store" as the Acquisition Method, then yeah, it counts. If it's "Retail" then no, it doesn't.

Yeah it says "Retail" for the game and it says "Complimentary" for the DLC. Sucks that I can't use the card trading even though I bought things from Steam :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah it says "Retail" for the game and it says "Complimentary" for the DLC. Sucks that I can't use the card trading even though I bought things from Steam :(

Have you purchased something from Steam itself that falls within the "older than 30 days but not older than a year" window?

so stupidly true

It's really quite remarkable how woefully ineffecient Ubi is.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's really quite remarkable how woefully ineffecient Ubi is.

eh, I believe ubi games are pretty expensive and require a pretty big fucking team to make

so maybe it's not really their fault

or something

what's sad is that it takes so many people to make something as shallow as most ubi games

Flunkie

Banned
oh shhitiiiiii. is it gonna have co op?

Probably not, considering it was axed for the 360 version.

Fantastic, I'll happily buy it again on PC. Great game and a perfect chance to replay it assuming it's the same as the current XBLA version with them adding to that under the 'Early Access' banner.
Same. Can't wait to play it at a steady framerate and in 1080p.
Launches with a controller requirement, PC gaming is dead.
It's a game I'd rather use a controller for, honestly.

Can't wait. :)

Copons

I played some Mark Of The Ninja last night and I just can't really enjoy it anymore. The later stages are harder because they are much more random: I was at this part where there were two routes: other guarded by a dog and guard, other by 3 guards. The dog one was no go (straight line with a dog and guard, no possibilities to use items). The other room was just a tricky, which involved a firecracker that was placed inch by inch on the right section of the floor and still it seemed it was more a bug than a feature. I think the game would be much much much more fun if I could just blast through the levels but I blame Metal Gear Solid from the no kills/no alerts obsession. And those checkpoints... if you want to have a checkpoint the best point isn't a place where you have to spend a minute waiting for a guard walk past, smoke a cigarette, talk to a dog, trade cards on steam AND walk back, but rather that minute away.

Weird thing is that I liked first 4-5 levels very much. They were challenging at points, but not much random.

Also some bugs (features?) really annoy me. Dog goes woof, guard goes "huh?". Stand still on the wall and that continues to infinity unless you jump down.

I don't know which level are you talking about, but I went through MotN over and over again with a lot of different specs and I honestly think that every part of the game can be beaten in every possible way.
One thing I learned later on is that while soldiers hearing is really good, they're almost blind. As long as you don't make any noise, you can litteraly be standing one inch behind them and it's fine. When you discover this, the game become much much easier and less frustrating.

I think the only part I truly hated for not being able to complete the level without killing anybody is a later level where almost always an enemy ninja kills himself with a trap in the basement while I'm perfectly fine and undetected outside the building. I just get the "indirect kill" warning and I can't do anything to avoid it, getting a lot less points in the end. :/

eh, I believe ubi games are pretty expensive and require a pretty big fucking team to make

so maybe it's not really their fault

It is hard to know which comes first, the massive team or the massive bloated budget.

But either way none of that explains UPLAY

Gvaz

Banned
So I have some codes for:

Tom Clancy Online
Planetary Annilhilation
Electronic Super Joy Soundtrack
Forced
M&M: Duel of Champions
Temple of Elemental Evil
Dawngate
Fairway Solitaire
The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot
Borderlands 2: Pax Prime 2013
Borderlands 2: +11 more levels
Strife Closed Beta keys

Can I just use modbot to give these away? Obviously they are not steam keys that I am aware of.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So I have some codes for:

Tom Clancy Online
Planetary Annilhilation
Electronic Super Joy Soundtrack
Forced
M&M: Duel of Champions
Temple of Elemental Evil
Dawngate
Fairway Solitaire
The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot
Borderlands 2: Pax Prime 2013
Borderlands 2: +11 more levels
Strife Closed Beta keys

Can I just use modbot to give these away? Obviously they are not steam keys that I am aware of.

Yeah, just be sure to label them correctly so people don't assume they're Steam keys.

zkylon

zkylewd
Need to chase that "broadened appeal" money.
sadly

It is hard to know which comes first, the massive team or the massive bloated budget.

But either way none of that explains UPLAY
true, true

btw it just came to my head that when pam and jim broke up or something I just broke down and cried lol

very weird, I pretty much never cry so it's specially weird that it had to be on that specifically

fortunately things turned out ok for the two of 'em

Gvaz

Banned
Uhhh what's Tom Clancy Online? Since most of the stuff in your list is a MOBA, is that a Tom Clancy MOBA?
"$15 in Ghost Recon Online Upgrades"

So if you play the free online game, you can get like $15 in upgrades of some shit.

I don't play i just picked up a whole bunch of codes at PAX.

I found the GAF praise overload absolutely baffling when it came to that game, but different people get different experiences. I'd like to try it again, see if it clicks with me.

Sajjaja

So guys...... Crusader Kings 2

B25A8E23515A5FCECB9ABF3D566D2F09A7C55C5F
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=175865200

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=175865254

Is this game great or what? I just put down a huge civil war, prevented another kingdom from taking advantage of my spread out forces while dealing with the civil war, took over Aleppo (and it's surrounding states because there was a rebellion in calling for my rule), beheaded one of the people leading the revolt, and imprisoned the rest. One of the imprisoned asked to be put in better conditions, so I felt merciful and did it, only for him to escape. I got the bastard, only for him to ask AGAIN to be put in better quarters, so I put him in even WORSE quarters (fool me once).

Is this game great or what?

Is this game great or what? I just put down a huge civil war, prevented another kingdom from taking advantage of my spread out forces while dealing with the civil war, took over Aleppo (and it's surrounding states because there was a rebellion in calling for my rule), beheaded one of the people leading the revolt, and imprisoned the rest. One of the imprisoned asked to be put in better conditions, so I felt merciful and did it, only for him to escape. I got the bastard, only for him to ask AGAIN to be put in better quarters, so I put him in even WORSE quarters (fool me once).

Speaking of this, I really should start playing this. Bought it because of the GoT mod, but I barely touched it.

Sajjaja

Speaking of this, I really should start playing this. Bought it because of the GoT mod, but I barely touched it.

Plays so good. Just had a 5 hour session of this. Didn't wanna stop but its 5:30AM now lol.

I was gonna stop playing as an Arab (and move onto Pagans because they just don't give a shit and are all about conquering) because I got kind of bored and didn't wanna lose piety attacking people of the same faith. But I said fuck it, and now I'm kicking ass. Your playthrough is what you make it. So much can happen such as: my half brothers were trying to usurp me, but I've made amends with one but the other still hates me. The one I made amends with has a plot to kill the other half brother lol. It's pretty crazy.

derExperte

He, not that I want to right now but Castle of Illusion isn't purchasable in Germany, it was at first but now the price is gone. They really f'd up that release.

Copons

Oh man, I never understood these Paradox strategics, they're way too hard and complicated!
I bought EU3 years ago thinking it was some kind of Civ, and I didn't pass the tutorial or something. It really hurt my feelings. :'(

Sajjaja

Hey Saj, did you finish Dead Space 2?

lol nope. I'll get around to it. I started playing on my PS3 a lot so I stopped play PC games for about a week and a half so I never got around to playing it much more. But I'll continue it soon.

Oh man, I never understood these Paradox strategics, they're way too hard and complicated!
I bought EU3 years ago thinking it was some kind of Civ, and I didn't pass the tutorial or something. It really hurt my feelings. :'(

Duuuddeeeee. Crusader Kings 2 is the most accessible one. I still don't exactly know what I'm doing lol but I'm just doing what I can. The basic mechanics are relatively simple and easy to get a hold of, but it's the more political metagames stuff that's the hard part. Try it!!

Plays so good. Just had a 5 hour session of this. Didn't wanna stop but its 5:30AM now lol.

I was gonna stop playing as an Arab (and move onto Pagans because they just don't give a shit and are all about conquering) because I got kind of bored and didn't wanna lose piety attacking people of the same faith. But I said fuck it, and now I'm kicking ass. Your playthrough is what you make it. So much can happen such as: my half brothers were trying to usurp me, but I've made amends with one but the other still hates me. The one I made amends with has a plot to kill the other half brother lol. It's pretty crazy.
How do you learn this game quick, the lack of a proper tutorial just scares me off.

Sajjaja

How do you learn this game quick, the lack of a proper tutorial just scares me off.

lol you just play man. It all comes with play. There is a tutorial that explains the mechanics of the game though it all seems overwhelming coming at once. The problem with the tutorial is that it's not paced enough. I wish that there was a tutorial playthrough that Paradox made explaining all the mechanics but how they do it is a very disconnected basic-advanced topic tutorial.

It's useful for learning how it works, but not really how to play if you know what I mean. IF you want to get into it, definitely use the tutorial (that's what I did) to get basic knowledge, but the rest comes from play.

I wish I could recommend a video playthrough or something, but given the random nature of the game, the benefits are limited.

I'm by no means a master or anything, I only have 23 hours of play lol and I still have a lot to learn.

lol you just play man. It all comes with play. There is a tutorial that explains the mechanics of the game though it all seems overwhelming coming at once. The problem with the tutorial is that it's not paced enough. I wish that there was a tutorial playthrough that Paradox made explaining all the mechanics but how they do it is a very disconnected basic-advanced topic tutorial.

It's useful for learning how it works, but not really how to play if you know what I mean. IF you want to get into it, definitely use the tutorial (that's what I did) to get basic knowledge, but the rest comes from play.

I wish I could recommend a video playthrough or something, but given the random nature of the game, the benefits are limited.

I'm by no means a master or anything, I only have 23 hours of play lol and I still have a lot to learn.
Yeah, I should give it another try, another day. Right now I got Rome 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom