• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so, question; I pre-ordered Rome 2 a couple of months ago, but have not yet received the promised TF2 stuff. I am expecting them to appear in my inventory. Have they not been released yet, or should I launch the game?

fallout

OK, so, question; I pre-ordered Rome 2 a couple of months ago, but have not yet received the promised TF2 stuff. I am expecting them to appear in my inventory. Have they not been released yet, or should I launch the game?
I think you have to hop into a TF2 server before you get them. At least, that's how I remember it working way back when.

kami_sama

Normally, you have to launch TF2 to receive the items.

ArjanN

Rebellion is teasing something:

NZA2_Newsletter_teaser.png

Rebellion® ‏@Rebellion 4h
But here you are, with no other choice. All roads lead back.

BACK TO BERLIN.

Rebellion® ‏@Rebellion 4h
You thought the nightmare was over. You all did.

Almost certainly Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 2 or DLC.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Is 2013 the release window, which would be silly to note for a short-wait surprise release, or does it mean Nazi Zombie Army: Modern Warfare?

derExperte

Wtf, despite all the technical problems I bought Castle of Illusion. Only to realize that there's not even a setting for playing it in English, the one in the properties just gets ignored. Apparently I would have to fiddle with Windows. What a terrible, terrible port.

Volotaire

Are you high on fumes?

Nope ! The store is a mess but everything else is nice/

EDIT: let me boot STeam up to compare.

The store is very messy in Steam,Library Icons are better in Origin imo. I do like Steam's Information one, but Origin is much simpler here. It just seems busy on Steam.

Not that it's a bad thing, it's just plainer on Origin.

Dice

Hopefully they have learned how and why gameplay design changed 10 years ago so they make something better than that V2 garbage.

Wtf, despite all the technical problems I bought Castle of Illusion. Only to realize that there's not even a setting for playing it in English, the one in the properties just gets ignored. Apparently I would have to fiddle with Windows. What a terrible, terrible port.
The community hub for it is a bitchfest. Sega needs to make it right, but you know they won't because they even threw the development team out. So irresponsible.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

The store is very messy in Steam,Library Icons are better in Origin imo. I do like Steam's Information one, but Origin is much simpler here. It just seems busy on Steam.

If by simpler you mean has less options, less features and is in all accounts worse, sure....

Dice

Regarding Origin's simplicity: Putting DLC as separate game icons is less busy to you? Not even being able to check the HD space a game is taking is not the kind of simplicity I want.

Volotaire

I think they mean it's simpler because it has less options/features.

Yes I know, but even then the aesthetic is just much plainer looker. SOmething about it I like.

It's simpler, just like this rock is much simpler than my smartphone.

lol.

Regarding Origin's simplicity: Putting DLC as separate game icons is less busy to you? Not even being able to check the HD space a game is taking is not the kind of simplicity I want.

Woah I just booted it up for 5 minutes, don't first impressions count.

derExperte

The community hub for it is a bitchfest. Sega needs to make it right, but you know they won't because they even threw the development team out. So irresponsible.

I'm doing my part there while trying to remain civil but it's baffling that some people even defend this, calling others snobs for wanting a good product. I hate needless and constant bitching on forums but in this case it's warranted, they didn't even care to make a Steam icon.

Sajjaja

I don't see any DLC as separate entries, though I only have BF3 Close Quarters as DLC.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I always think analogies are a poor place to start an argument.

Especially when the particular mod described is quite good.
Using analogies to make your point is like cutting off your arm to prove blood is red. You may be right, but you are probably going to look like a fool in the process. And more often than not analogies don't make sense and you'll end up presenting a flawed statement, like drinking alcohol before you're 18 or playing M-rated games as a kid.

My analogies are perfect.

No Chess games on steam? Talk about a goldmine... make it f2p, sell custom boards/sets, steamworks matchmaking/elo...

Does Valve have a policy against board games?
I'd totally pay to have ELO on Steam.

liezryou

Bros i need a new game that has the following conditions, help me steam GAFfers.

#1 Must have some type of RPG progression (loot or skill progression)
#2 Must be easily playable with a controller (rules out bl2, tl2, etc.)
#3 Must be able to be played in short bursts (like rogue legacy)

Basically this is coming from getting totally engrossed in rogue legacy and realizing there was a giant hole in my life that only rogue legacy and other games like it could fill. What an amazing game.

Knurek

Bros i need a new game that has the following conditions, help me steam GAFfers.

I heard The Last Remnant was all sorts of great on PCs, might be up your alley?

Is the Game of Thrones RPG worth it if I enjoy the books/show?

Probably. Yes.

It's a perfect example of a diamond in the rough. As a game it's somewhat lacking in refinement but, if you can stick with it until the two narrative strands start to come together, you'll probably really appreciate it. Overall, it's good slow-burning story, that's well told and fits in really well with the GoT source material.

I'm not sure that it warranted it's price when it was first released but, whilst it's on sale, it's well worth picking up if you're a GoT fan.

(Can't say that the DLC adds much though and, apparently the non-RPG is pretty poor, though I haven't actually tried it myself)

Turfster

Basically this is coming from getting totally engrossed in rogue legacy and realizing there was a giant hole in my life that only rogue legacy and other games like it could fill. What an amazing game.

The controller bit kinda makes it hard. I was going to suggest FTL and Dungeons of Dredmor...

Momentary

Banned

It's simple because there's nothing there.

nexen

Sword of the Stars: The Pit.
rougelike, controller supported decently (could be better), quick to play. Has a demo on steam.

Nillansan

Get XPadder and then try out The Binding of Isaac with the Wrath of the Lamb DLC, which I personally think is an essential expansion to the game.

I can send you the XPadder configuration that I am using for TBoI if you like.

La-Mulana might tick those boxes.
From a more pure action standpoint, Shank 2.
Cave Story+ if you haven't played it is outstanding.

How is Divinity 2? The only Larian game I've played is Dragon Commander, which I really enjoyed.

Fairly mediocre, in my opinion. I got bored about half way through (or, I guess, about 1/3 of the way, if you include the expansion that's included in the Developer's cut) and gave up. The game's pretty enough and the combat mechanics are serviceable, but I just found the whole experience fairly dull.

Perhaps the story would be more compelling for someone who's played the Divine Divinity & Beyond Divinity,but that excludes me and, by the sound of it, you, so I'd be inclined to avoid it.

Prototype. Open world super power game, has a skill progression system, full controller support, and you can play it in bite sized sessions on a mission to mission basis.

Edit: Oh and Dark Souls goes without saying, I just assume everyone's played it by now.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Don't use the client. Did you guys try this link: http://www.desura.com/collection (hit the highlighted keys section)?
ypA3wMH.png

I found out why Paranormal wasn't showing up on some of our Desura collection pages. Desura allows you to filter your games by operating system and there's no notice anywhere that I'm aware of that they're being filtered. To fix:

• Go to the info page of any game on Desura
  • In the top right it should say Platforms - Windows, Mac, Linux (some may not be there, depending on the game--screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/hqspMEy.png)
  • Click on Windows
  • All games will now show up in your collection, including Paranormal
  • http://www.desura.com/collection
Game [Paranautical Activity] was part of Be Mine 8 Groupee's bundle.

Hopefully, a Steam key shows up eventually.

We should be getting keys for Paranautical Activity sometime according to what the devs stated in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom