• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

Hold the phone!

Going through my news feed and see someone has a steam achievement for Arkham City.

I guess I missed the talk when they went live.

Belief.exe, I'm happy for you sir.

Woo and indeed hoo, thank you for Burnout! Now to install this and hope the servers still work...

Pleasure :).

I've just been playing it funnily enough. Single player only though and I'm 14 hours in so I suppose that's a sign that I've been enjoying it :p. I can't comment on the multi-player services I'm afraid as I haven't tried as I'm not interested in online multi-player.

I wonder if it's embarrassing for a developer to make a game called Nazi Zombie Army.

Well there are an awful lot of zombie games....

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I hope you get one. So that the client is as good as enhanced steam.

I'm waiting on permission in writing from Valve to release an "Enhanced Steam application" that would allow the client to use Enhanced Steam.

Not sure if they'll allow it but I have my fingers crossed.

jediyoshi

Yikes, rayman legends is super buggy with bpm. Wonder how interested ubi is in fixing the weirdness since it seems like an issue with the game itself

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yikes, rayman legends is super buggy with bpm. Wonder how interested ubi is in fixing the weirdness since it seems like an issue with the game itself

Anno 1404 was pulled from sale on Steam because Ubi couldn't be bothered sending Valve the update that fixed the broken save system, so I'm going with "not at all interested".

Tenrius

I plan on having one.

I sent an email to Gabe Newell the other week, by the way, just expressing how I feel about Steam in general along with some thoughts on Enhanced Steam and also suggesting that they hire you. Probably pointless in the grand scheme of things, but I had a bit of fun writing it, so why not. Didn't get a response though.

Copons

I was hoping it was a X com bundle or something like that.... thanks for clarify it was a joke :D

Just to clarify, though, there is a mysterious X Bundle entry on Steam DB (X as in X universe, not XCOM), that is being updated every couple of days in the last several weeks, and everytime everyone thinks it's going to be the next Humble Bundle, and everytime everybody ends up in disappointment. :D

KiDdYoNe

Hello there... it's been a while :) got unbanned n stuff so i'm kinda back in business.

So, just wanted to tell you guys, that Outlast is really nice game. Bit scary, but disgusting from time to time. But the atmoshpere is sooooo good, sometimes every sound scares you up. That's the thing i like in games. So if you into horror games, it's nice game to try before new Amnesia.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I sent an email to Gabe Newell the other week, by the way, just expressing how I feel about Steam in general along with some thoughts on Enhanced Steam and also suggesting that they hire you. Probably pointless in the grand scheme of things, but I had a bit of fun writing it, so why not. Didn't get a response though.

Awesome, thanks! I really appreciate it, even if you feel it won't go anywhere. Personally I feel that the more exposure Enhanced Steam gets (especially among Valve employees) the greater my chances are.

Just noticed Groupees added Steam key for Zafehouse Diaries from Bundle of the undead.

Thanks for the heads up! Grabbed mine.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
BK9stAP.png

zyKoQEO.gif

Done! I ended up beating the game missing some stuff but then loaded a pre-point of no return save to do those. Imo the only super annoying part of the
Meat Circus
is when you have to
jump from fence to fence in a cylindrical shape when going after Raz's mental image of his dad
. Can't even contemplate how shitty that must be on KBM.

Changed the internal clock for the hidden achievement too. Glad it was something simple and not ridiculous like the
Calendar Man achievement
in Arkham City.

This got me on a Double Fine kick, I feel like replaying Brutal Legend (only beat it once on the 360) but I should probably go for Stacking and/or Costume Quest first since I never played those and they're considerably shorter.

Grief.exe

BK9stAP.png

zyKoQEO.gif

Done! I ended up beating the game missing some stuff but then loaded a pre-point of no return save to do those. Imo the only super annoying part of the
Meat Circus
is when you have to
jump from fence to fence in a cylindrical shape when going after Raz's mental image of his dad

Changed the internal clock for the hidden achievement too. Glad it was something simple and not ridiculous like the
Calendar Man achievement
in Arkham City.

This got me on a Double Fine kick, I feel like replaying Brutal Legend (only beat it once on the 360) but I should probably go for Stacking and/or Costume Quest first since I never played those and they're considerably shorter.

I hate that part in the Meat Circus! I was stuck there for a long time.

I was using M/KB too, did not have the wireless dongle at that point.

Turfster

Meat Circus
is when you have to

This used to be even harder in the PS2 version on a controller, so yeah...

Karu

Regarding Zafehouse, how accurate is this Wot I think from RPS written in January? Still basically the same game or did they "fix" his problem with the depth of the game?

zkylon

zkylewd
BK9stAP.png

zyKoQEO.gif

Meat Circus
is when you have to

Calendar Man achievement
in Arkham City.

stacking is great in theory, but it didn't really click for me, but costume quest is all kinds of awesome

KarmaCow

People recommended Fairy Bloom Freesia a couple sales ago, but the demo turned me off from the game because it's just limited enemies in a small arena and I just don't like the double tap to dash mechanic along with the slow movement speed. I got the game through a Groupees bundle and I'm not sure what is different this time around since my problems still exist in the full game, but it feels much more fun to play. Maybe it's due to having more special abilities, though I don't use them that much outside of a few "get off me" moves. There are a couple of mechanics I don't quite get 100%, like consistently continuing air combos or dash cancelling but it's still a fun game to just pop into and play. Even though I doubt I'll ever get good enough at the game to really get to the depths of combat mechanics, there is still enough at the surface to master. I haven't found anything really exploitable, like throwing in say Guacamelee but again I kinda suck.

Ittle Dew is also pretty awesome. It's a game for a the Zelda fan that's in it for the puzzles so it really clicked with me. After going through the game and looking at the achievements, it seems like there is a lot variability in how you can progress through the game. The "beat the game in 15 minutes" achievement makes me very curious about the flexibility of the puzzle solutions.

Grief.exe

I think the only Double Fine game I have played is Psychonauts.

Loved it though. I will probably try Brutal Legend eventually. It looks like a game that wouldn't appeal to me, but I said the same thing about Psychonauts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom