• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just happy to see more Japanese developers and publishers coming back to the PC platform.

Even if they are games I am not particularly interested in. I really hope Konami ports over MGSV and the Legacy Collection. I would explode.
I expect another Konami's "soon" with MGSV.

Grief.exe

I'd have to say that Dragon's Dogma tops the list of Japanese-developed console exclusives I'd love to see on the PC.

Yes please.

I expect another Konami's "soon" with MGSV.

That puts the people waiting for MGR in perspective for me.

Destiny and MGSV are my most desired ports right now.

My expectations for Division have fallen off a cliff lately. After I watched the most recent Watch Dogs gameplay video I realized exactly what happens to Ubi IPs from announcement to release.

If anyone's interested, my short impressions of Mirrrormoon EP:
Mirrormoon EP is not about story or complex gameplay or moral choices or brain-twisting puzzles. It's about discovery. From the moment you select New Game, you are immersed in an abstract universe that begs to be explored.

The entire universe is open to you...and every other player. All of you share the same goal: spread out across the galaxy, explore new worlds, and, if you're the first to unlock a planet's secrets, to name the planet as you see fit. It's hard to talk about Mirrormoon's gameplay, for some aspects are best discovered one's own, but the puzzle, while slightly repetitive, are not the focus. The highlight is exploring and in that aspect, Mirrormoon is a resounding success. The game is a visual masterpiece that, combined with the wonderful yet alien soundtrack, invokes a sense of awe every time you explore and witness a new abstract llandscape. While I do wish the puzzles were a bit more involved and challenging, the mechanics are different, visually exciting, and add depth to the exploration.

If you enjoy games like Proteus, or enjoy exploration for the sake of exploring, or just want to play something unique and abstract, Mirrormoon EP is a game for you.
Trailer, screenshots, and more indie recommendations on my blog

That puts the people waiting for MGR in perspective for me.

Destiny and MGSV are my most desired ports right now.

My expectations for Division have fallen off a cliff lately. After I watched the most recent Watch Dogs gameplay video I realized exactly what happens to Ubi IPs from announcement to release.
Downgrading is Ubisoft's solution to bad optimization skill.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Nolan North is really distracting in Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. He voices 3 characters, and they're all very clearly North.

Sbik

Neo Member
Hello dear Steamgaffers!
I've been playing Half Life 2 for couple of hours now and it's been a fun ride so far except some annoyance. It's that every 5 or 10 minutes there's this 10~20 seconds loading that not only breaks the immersion but also is quite annoying. I've done some google search and found a short thread about this matter but I don't know if it is a common problem for this game or just my PC running it shit. But my rig is capable of running recent games in 1080 60fps so I dont know, you guys ever experienced this problem? Any input would be helpful! Thanks in advance!

Hello dear Steamgaffers!
I've been playing Half Life 2 for couple of hours now and it's been a fun ride so far except some annoyance. It's that every 5 or 10 minutes there's this 10~20 seconds loading that not only breaks the immersion but also is quite annoying. I've done some google search and found a short thread about this matter but I don't know if it is a common problem for this game or just my PC running it shit. But my rig is capable of running recent games in 1080 60fps so I dont know, you guys ever experienced this problem? Any input would be helpful! Thanks in advance!

Nothing you can do about it, that's just how source engine/Half-Life separates areas. More recent games hide it better.

Xanathus

Hello dear Steamgaffers!

If you're talking about the level loads happening when you pass through corridors, the only thing that can help it is to get an SSD drive and put the game on there.

Sbik

Neo Member
Nothing you can do about it, that's just how source engine/Half-Life separates areas. More recent games hide it better.

If you're talking about the level loads happening when you pass through corridors, the only thing that can help it is to get an SSD drive and put the game on there.

But it's installed on a SSD! Oh well it's annoying though not game breaking so I think I can live with it. Thanks for the reply!

Well, finally got around to beating Tomb Raider. It was big, dumb and filled with explosions, so it was kind of entertaining, I guess. I don't ever see myself playing that again, not like Legend or Anniversary. Crystal Dynamics basically made Uncharted in a semi-openworld with tacked on rpg mechanics. A lot of the scripted events became obvious and repetitive, the dissonance between the narrative they were trying to tell in the cutscenes and what happened in the gameplay was kind of hilarious. It started off being somewhat serious and dramatic but basically became Big Trouble in Little China by the conclusion. CD probably should've embraced making a game-ass video game, fighting super-natural elements sooner might've been more fun, and had more gameplay variety, than shooting generic bearded angry mean for seven eighths of the game. I sorta liked Tomb Raider by the end, so, yeah. Uninstall and on to the next unplayed game in my Steam library.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Where's that most recent Saoirse photo from? She looks like she despises me and I like that <3

It's from the premiere of the The Host, back in March. I searched far and wide for the original image to no avail and the owner of the Tumblr blog that posted this one ignored my enquiry. :(

I received the following email last night, should I be worried?

Dear Steam User,

This is an automated message generated by Steam account administration. It is being sent in response to a query made by a Steam user to discover all account names associated with this CD-key.

Steam account name: *****

You can use the above account name to log in to Steam. If you can't remember your password, click on the "Retrieve lost account" button on the Steam login screen.

Probably some guy who used a cd-key I've used already, right?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Yeah, no reason to be concerned. Most people get that at least once in their lives. They can't do anything, don't worry.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Posting again:

Anyone on the fence regarding Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga (75% off right now at 5 bucks)?
Divinity-2-Ego-Draconis-51.jpg
Made a thread for it after playing it during this sale:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=672137

I wrote my impressions in that thread, check it out guys. This game definitely does not deserve the obscurity it has.

Momentary

Banned
Man, I want Tekken, DOA, VF, GGXrd, BlazBlue, Persona Arena... bring all dem goodies over. I don't discriminate in the fighting game genre.

As for other Japanese developers on Steam, I believe in the next 2 years that we're about to see a huge influx of doujin, lower budget, and AAA budget Japanese games make their way to Steam.

JaseC

To avoid confusion, the only version of Divinity 2 remaining on Steam is the Developer's Cut; The Dragon Knight Saga and the original release (Ego Draconis) were pulled, presumably because the DC renders them redundant (it being essentially a re-release of DKS, which itself contained the base game and the Flames of Vengeance expansion, the latter never having been available separately on Steam).

In fewer words: Developer's Cut > The Dragon Knight Saga (N/A) > Ego Draconis (N/A).

Ah, good to see my patience has paid off! Thanks for the heads-up.

Edit: Here's a working download link.

I finally decided to play the Aquaria I got in a giveaway in this thread and I'm blown away by how good the game is. The art, the OST, the mechanics... I'm only 1 hour and a half in and I'm already hooked, if you're looking for an excellent metroidvania be sure to look this up. So to the dude/dudette who gave this game away, thanks again !

By the way, can your pets sort of "level up" ? I found one and it's just a ball that throws itself on enemies, I'm wondering if it can evolve or something, that would be awesome.

About Paranautical Activity, here is what the creator said:

r2ESdIV.jpg

Wow. The game wasn't even featured on the frontpage, it only appeared in the new releases category.

zkylon

zkylewd
Is the Painkiller Collection worth 12€?

I hear painkiller black is pretty much all you need and I can attest it's a lot of old school shooter fun

I don't even remember if you're supposed to have killed your wife in a car accident and she's in purgatory or what but that's a good thing

Paz

About Paranautical Activity, here is what the creator said:

r2ESdIV.jpg

That's pretty impressive, and probably not indicative of what a normal early access release can expect, also I think he should read the various NDA's because I think we aren't meant to talk about that stuff...

JaseC

That's pretty impressive, and probably not indicative of what a normal early access release can expect, also I think he should read the various NDA's because I think we aren't meant to talk about that stuff...

I think Valve has become less strict in that regard as quite a few indie devs over the the course of the current year have released absolute rather than relative sales figures.

Edit: Oh, the tweet is referring to money. I managed to misread "made" as "sold"... twice. :p

Paz

Yeah it seems to be less of an issue these days.

Anyway congrats to them :) even though they are pointing out the ludicrous difference in sales between steam and all other PC distribution I still think the other stuff has helped them achieve success, their fan base must be orders of magnitude higher than ours for example.

Hopefully the new greenlight speeds make this all less relevant for devs in the future.

Yeah it seems to be less of an issue these days.

Anyway congrats to them :) even though they are pointing out the ludicrous difference in sales between steam and all other PC distribution I still think the other stuff has helped them achieve success, their fan base must be orders of magnitude higher than ours for example.

Hopefully the new greenlight speeds make this all less relevant for devs in the future.

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with your game. May I ask what it is?

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with your game. May I ask what it is?

Assault Android Cactus

The developer of Paranautical Activity doesn't really come across that well from what I've read, very quick to crap on others whenever things don't go his way. So maybe that's influenced the way I read that tweet but it seemed like he's super ungrateful towards those other services when they're the ones that got his game greenlit in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom