• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atruvius

Heh, I was only pressing left or right never up. Me an idiot.

I shall try to conquer the jungle level today with this newfound knowlegde.
and fail miserably

AHA-Lambda

Anyone got any hints for Rogue Legacy?

I feel like all I'm doing is running through for gold until I die, and upgrading until I find any boss manageable. Honestly, it's a bit repetitive.

Am I missing something? Or are there any upgrade paths I should be taking? I've done the first boss so far and am at level 25 now.

liezryou

I feel like all I'm doing is running through for gold until I die, and upgrading until I find any boss manageable. Honestly, it's a bit repetitive.

Am I missing something? Or are there any upgrade paths I should be taking? I've done the first boss so far and am at level 25 now.

You are doing fine... I was level 48 before i took the first boss down.

Yeah, that's kind of the game. It's not a great design choice, but the base game is enjoyable enough.

My tips for the first run are to focus on using vampire runes/equipment, when you find them.

Reinstalling Max Payne 3 right now. Dropped it in Feb due to the insufferable presentation, but been craving for some good gunplay lately. Maybe I finish it this time.

Retne

It took me around 60 hours to get it. And it was pre dlc. You probably mean the platinum achievement. But it took me around 100 hours to get

Man you got lucky as hell on item spawns then. When I went for Platinum it took forever to run into a couple items. If anyone plans on trying to go for it I recommend going for Angel Rooms as much as possible to try and get Sacred Heart. That thing is rare.

Actually Deques when were you going for Platinum? Was it when Ed was updating like once a week?

You need to pay attention to enemy movements. Rogue Legacy, just like Binding of Isaac, is all about knowing exactly what the enemy is currently doing and about to do and weaving yourself in between the attacks. You want to prioritize your health over doing damage unless you're close to killing a boss. I also recommend unlocking the Hokage and going straight damage on your first run through. You will get to a certain point where you can one shot every enemy in the castle zone and the forest zone and it will make your life a lot easier.

Man you got lucky as hell on item spawns then. When I went for Platinum it took forever to run into a couple items. If anyone plans on trying to go for it I recommend going for Angel Rooms as much as possible to try and get Sacred Heart. That thing is rare.

Actually Deques when were you going for Platinum? Was it when Ed was updating like once a week?
It isn't too bad if you know how to abuse the D6. I had more trouble with those "don't take damage" achievements. The depths one was especially bad since I kept taking damage from the explosion Mom causes from dying. That ended up ruining 4 or 5 runs for me.

You need to pay attention to enemy movements. Rogue Legacy, just like Binding of Isaac, is all about knowing exactly what the enemy is currently doing and about to do and weaving yourself in between the attacks. You want to prioritize your health over doing damage unless you're close to killing a boss. I also recommend unlocking the Hokage and going straight damage on your first run through. You will get to a certain point where you can one shot every enemy in the castle zone and the forest zone and it will make your life a lot easier.

Good advice. Unlock Hokage and you can one shot the first two zones. Then upgrade the miner. Soon you'll be doing runs in the thousands and will be able to unlock a lot of other things very quickly. You can then go for high MP to cheese the rest of the game, or pick skills as you please.

There is a hump to get over, but stick with it.

For my rogue gaming, I just "beat" Spelunky tonight. Took me 13 hours which was a bit more than the 9 for Rogue Legacy. I'm not sure I quite enjoyed Spelunky as much, but it is certainly addictive and probably the superior game.

Deques

I started to play Wrath of Lambs right after it was released. The first version was bugged. I could get all kinds of OP items in the beginning, then next version fixed this but many new bugs appeared. It wasn't until version 1.3 that made everything stabilized I could play the game as it was intended.
It means that I never got platinum in the previous version.

It isn't too bad if you know how to abuse the D6. I had more trouble with those "don't take damage" achievements. The depths one was especially bad since I kept taking damage from the explosion Mom causes from dying. That ended up ruining 4 or 5 runs for me.

I never learned any great tips when I played Binding of Isaac. I only learned them after I got platinum. And also D6 is unlocked when you defeat Moms heart with the blue baby, which itself was quite difficult.
Only Isaac started with it, so you can wont be able to abuse the D6 unless you find it with other characters.

The golden achievement for 100% in Binding of Isaac requires about 300 hours.

It took me around 60 hours to get it. And it was pre dlc. You probably mean the platinum achievement. But it took me around 100 hours to get

It took me almost the same time as you deques, I think that "Dark Boy - Complete the depths without taking damage" and "Mamas Boy - Complete the womb without taking damage" are the hardest achievements

Deques

It took me almost the same time as you deques, I think that "Dark Boy - Complete the depths without taking damage" and "Mamas Boy - Complete the womb without taking damage" are the hardest achievements

Yup, those were hardest to me too. I only got them with the dlc installed, which made them a bit easier to achieve

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
How long does it take to get into ME1 and start enjoying it? I started playing it a few days ago but it didn't seem very special to me.
In my case it was 30 minutes or so, right when I was done with Eden Prime. Spent over 4 hours just wandering around the Citadel, taking in the lore and talking to everyone. Fantastic game, even if the shooting doesn't feel too good and the sidequests always reuse the same 3 or 4 assets.

Deques

You were lucky bro because I got them before dlc, those were the hardest achievements to get :)

That's called skills, since you got them before the dlc

Heh, I like Eversion's foil badge.

ibd7YkskdFRoou.png

Surprised Valve would accept that as a valid badge title.
Eversion has cards? It's not listed in it's steam store page.
It also has achievements? I don't remember it had those

Unluckily, I didn't buy the bundle.
Checked my inbox, because I remember that I got it from someone a long time ago, and found it. From last year 12th April, I got it from 3chopl0x. Maybe a late gratitude, but thanks again :)
Redeemed it now :)

Chronoja

Yup, those were hardest to me too. I only got them with the dlc installed, which made them a bit easier to achieve

You're crazy if you think the dlc made them easier to achieve. Good luck getting Dark Boy when the game wants to give you Necropolis levels half the time, and I speak as a Platinum God myself

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Eversion has cards? It's not listed in it's steam store page.
It also has achievements? I don't remember it had those

Unluckily, I didn't buy the bundle.
Checked my inbox, because I remember that I got it from someone a long time ago, and found it. From last year 12th April, I got it from 3chopl0x. Maybe a late gratitude, but thanks again :)
Redeemed it now :)
Yup, it has both. It's one of the few games I 100%ed (using a guide for a couple of cheevos).

Haven't played it yet? You should! See the game with the lonely eyes? Take its hand, you'll be surprised.

Deques

You're crazy if you think the dlc made them easier to achieve. Good luck getting Dark Boy when the game wants to give you Necropolis levels half the time, and I speak as a Platinum God myself

While you are correct that Necropolis levels are hard and the bosses near impossible to defeat, you also get a lot more OP items with the dlc,

I got a 10% off coupon for Shadow Warrior. Anyone knows why?

Volcynika

While you are correct that Necropolis levels are hard and the bosses near impossible to defeat, you also get a lot more OP items with the dlc,

I got a 10% off coupon for Shadow Warrior. Anyone knows why?

Devolver Digital ‏@devolverdigital 6 Sep
Owners of Shadow Warrior Classic Redux and Flying Wild Hog's Hard Reset have a +10% off coupon for Shadow Warrior in their Steam inventory!

Retne

I think the floor curses help more than the extra items when it comes to the DLC. The only reason I got dark boy was because I got an XL floor and spawned a couple rooms away from the bosses. The best part is I wasn't even going for it at the time so when it popped I was both surprised and happy.

Also while there's certainly more OP items with the DLC the DLC also adds way more shit items to the rotation and also makes it a lot more likely to not get HP upgrades from bosses.

Deques

Yup, it has both. It's one of the few games I 100%ed (using a guide for a couple of cheevos).

Haven't played it yet? You should! See the game with the lonely eyes? Take its hand, you'll be surprised.

Will put this game in the next game to play :)

That explains why I got the coupon

Neither do I. I own Hard Reset but not Shadow Warrior Classic Redux; maybe you need both?

I dont have Shadow Warrior Redux. Maybe they are rolling the coupons out. The classic google style...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Neither do I. I own Hard Reset but not Shadow Warrior Classic Redux; maybe you need both?

I do have both. Oh well.

Edit:
I dont have Shadow Warrior Redux. Maybe they are rolling the coupons out. The classic google style...

Come to think of it, I had to restart the client to get my Toki Tori 2+ coupons Two Tribe sent out when the Summer Sale started. I'll give that a shot.

Xanathus

caught up on the last couple of pages and noticed someone stopped posting

guess we'll see you again during the Winter Sale as you try to force 5 posts again.

He reached the exact 5 post quota so no need to post anymore. It's pretty obvious that he isn't actually "sorry" seeing how he stopped exactly at 5. Please add him to the default blacklist Stump.
Sorry guys, just got excited about BL2 dlc, I'll bid you all adieu and leave you be. Again my apologies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If you want a coupon I can give you one since I am going to wait for a sale on it anyway.

Restarting the client did the trick. Thanks for the offer, though!

swdc03sgl.jpg

I'll be purchasing the game through a trader, so I don't actually need them. :p I can give them away if someone's interested.

You're gonna fit right in

Pfft, you're just salty because he's a better bot than you are.

:p

He reached the exact 5 post quota so no need to post anymore. Please add him to the default blacklist Stump.

What to do if a user is so abusive that you want to permanently block them from your giveaways:
Send a PM to ModBot. The title should contain the word permablock. The body should contain, one per line, usernames you want to permanently block.

I think that only adds him to only your own block list for your own giveaways, not everyone elses. Although maybe Stump manually checks the users who are the most blocked and decides from there.

I don't think so unless I'm reading it wrong:

BLOCK username
This will block that username from participating in specific.
BLACKLIST
This will block any user that another user has permanently blocked--basically, this is when you feel like users are exploiting the system, but you don't know who to block. It's community policing.

My understanding:

"BLOCK username" blocks just that user from that specific gifting.
A "permablock" PM request to ModBot permanantly blocks that user from receiving any
gifts from you.
A "BLACKLIST" entry in your PM to ModBot for a new giveaway means that any user on anyone else's permablock list is blocked from receiving that gift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom