• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Finally put some time into FTL. Was a lot of fun until a bomber ultimately wrecked me. Time for round 2.

Sometimes it's so tense trying to scraping through those battles that it's almost a relief when they destroy you and you get to start off on a new adventure. That game's so much fun.

Ugh. Why do that? Saw a lot of people on GAF giving the developers (and they forget that it's not just Phil Fish) $0.00. One guy also gave the charities nothing, classy. I bet they'll all still play the game though. It's worth something. The people involved put a lot of time into it, and the game's bloody good fun.

Li Kao

I'll definitely consider it if they put them up again but my kb&m skills are shocking which made HL2 & Portal a pretty frustrating experience when I tried the demos a few weeks ago.

Coming back to this post which got me thinking a little, because I have to much free time and you seem to be a very sympathetic person.
It stroke me that to my knowledge nobody ever created a software/game/thing in order to help kb+m noobs. Granted, the thing on paper look as sexy as a 500 pages book about urban planning in the middle age, but so many people admits that they are not comfortable with the thing, it could be really useful.
But let's cut to the chase, I was wondering if the wonderful SteamGAF community could help mister Woo and indeed hoo. I think there are surely first person games less demanding than others, what games a little slower than others could we recommend to kb+m beginners in order to adapt to this input ?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
And now we know why everyone wants ::weed:: because he just made a pretty damn compelling argument.

MRORANGE

Coming back to this post which got me thinking a little, because I have to much free time and you seem to be a very sympathetic person.
It stroke me that to my knowledge nobody ever created a software/game/thing in order to help kb+m noobs. Granted, the thing on paper look as sexy as a 500 pages book about urban planning in the middle age, but so many people admits that they are not comfortable with the thing, it could be really useful.
But let's cut to the chase, I was wondering if the wonderful SteamGAF community could help mister Woo and indeed hoo. I think there are surely first person games less demanding than others, what games a little slower than others could we recommend to kb+m beginners in order to adapt to this input ?

I honestly recommend not playing games that are easy and just play some twitch shooters like Unreal Tournament and Quake III, this will give you the FPS skills to use in any game, the benefit of these games is that you can set bot difficulty, It's gonna be hard for the first few weeks but after that your fps skills will be pretty competent for any game out there, it's still a major learning process as you need to adapt it to each game but you will see the benefit of using a mouse.

DTKT

How do you even get scammed:

Don't trade for nothing or the promises of stuff.
Don't trade before actually seeing the payment.
If it seems too good to be true, it's probably fake.
Always assume the worst

morningbus

We should totally bring back the emoticons for gaf and include the weed one for rebuttals against any argument on gaf.

Seconded
Cqz1pM8.png

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Mark of the Ninja is fucking awesome, for real. It came out last year? It's got the "Ghost bonus" that Splinter Cell: Blacklist added this year. SO AMAZING. I love this bonus for not touching guards and getting through levels undetected.

My only issue is the slow walk speed, which is a style and gameplay choice but I feel it's a little too slow for my liking. But the game is AMAZING all the same.

Thanks, dude! :D

Jawmuncher

That's like most of the fun! :D

Get used to it. Game overs are frequent.

Sometimes it's so tense trying to scraping through those battles that it's almost a relief when they destroy you and you get to start off on a new adventure. That game's so much fun.

Oh i agree. Dying is part of the fun. Nothing more tense then seeing if I can survive a fight and failing. As said makes me want to jump back in every time!

procerus

Neo Member
Ugh. Why do that? Saw a lot of people on GAF giving the developers (and they forget that it's not just Phil Fish) $0.00. One guy also gave the charities nothing, classy. I bet they'll all still play the game though. It's worth something. The people involved put a lot of time into it, and the game's bloody good fun.

Renaud worked on Fez with Phil, so I suppose it's a little joke about not giving money to himself.

The_Monk

My stats are okay.

Try restarting Steam. It's been a bit glitchy the past day or so, possibly due to extra load from HIB-related activities.

Not gone my friend. You just gotta play your games :p

I restarted Steam twice. Still have the issue. If I go to Profile > Games then I can see my playtime but on my Library none of my games have "X hours played".

Why Oh Why. What have I done.

Gintoki

I restarted Steam twice. Still have the issue. If I go to Profile > Games then I can see my playtime but on my Library none of my games have "X hours played".

They've changed its placement in detail view. You'll see the amount of hours you've played on the right side under "stats".

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

If you're using the beta client, it's now on the right hand side where the game links are. Why? Nobody knows, but nobody likes it there and everyone agrees it's terrible placement.

fantomena

Seems like we may get an Activision publisher weekend or something like that. Tons of Activision published games updated 3 hours ago according to SteamDB.

OK, so what is this X bundle joke I keep seeing? I'm so out of the loop these days.

Weeks ago someone found a bundle of all the X games in the registry, which was named like humble bundle (Bundle A and Bundle B)

Nothing happened and we've been hoping ever since.

morningbus

Seems like we may get an Activision publisher weekend or something like that. Tons of Activision published games updated 3 hours ago according to SteamDB.

Wait...

Valve originally partnered with Sierra to release its games...

Activision bought Sierra...

Gunman Chronicles 2 confirmed.

derExperte

Looking forward to 80% off of Singularity after I finally bought it a few weeks ago elsewhere. Or they'll celebrate the return of Blur and Wolfenstein to Steam.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

That'd be nice. Even disregarding Black Ops and its successors, there are still several Acti games I'm in need of.

Looking forward to 80% off of Singularity after I finally bought it a few weeks ago elsewhere. Or they'll celebrate the return of Blur and Wolfenstein to Steam.

Don't forget Quake Wars!

Maybe I'll gift myself enhanced steam in celebration of steam;s 10th. I've still not checked it out haha mostly because I've only had the pc for 5-6 weeks and I don't know a whole lot about it, but everyone seems to be in love with it. Feel like I'm missing something haha.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What does GAF think about

Huntsman: The Orphanage?

Since it comes tomorrow and we don't even know the price.

I haven't seen much about the game but I'm looking forward to owning it thanks to an Amazon promotion several months back. Actually, I have about 15 keys coming. So I hope modbot is ready.

Maybe I'll gift myself enhanced steam in celebration of steam;s 10th. I've still not checked it out haha mostly because I've only had the pc for 5-6 weeks and I don't know a whole lot about it, but everyone seems to be in love with it. Feel like I'm missing something haha.

Do it. You are indeed missing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom