• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do know it's free though right? Unless you wish to make a donation to our very own GAFer who came up with it and posts in this very thread! *HINT* He's already replied to your post!

Haha, don't worry man, I know both things, just phrased it jokingly :) I do genuinely know little about it though, outside of what I see people mention in here, I've just not had the chance to sit and check it out yet, but I do know jshackles seems to work very hard at it, I see the many updates, I need to key myself in to it.

yaron777

Interesting Reddit thread on Metacritic PC scores.

JTn0ogY.png

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1m8sg0/2013_pc_games_with_the_widest_gaps_between/

CoH 2: pissed off Russians giving the game 0/10

Whools

Buying Portal 2 on PS3 and getting the free Steam copy was the best decision I ever made. Couldn't run it on my PC at the time, got a new one recently and can run it on max settings and it's smooth as butter. Traded in my PS3 copy and got £10 for it, have Portal 2 on my laptop whenever I want to return to it.

I did this too, but then the psn went down for the month or so and I remember not being able to redeem it. I actually gave the steam copy to my friend and have since bought the portal bundle for my own account too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What's wrong with Saoirse eyebrow? or is it makeup? Also her lip, really distracting, don't like :p

Looks like an eyebrow to me! I've yet to make new avatars from the deluge of photos that have surfaced since How I Live Now's premiere at TIFF a couple of days ago, so I'll be sticking with this one for a little while longer. ;)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Haha, don't worry man, I know both things, just phrased it jokingly :) I do genuinely know little about it though, outside of what I see people mention in here, I've just not had the chance to sit and check it out yet, but I do know jshackles seems to work very hard at it, I see the many updates, I need to key myself in to it.

It's pretty easy to install. Just go here and click "download now" (it should detect which browser you're using and direct you to the correct page). Once it's installed just browse the Steam store while logged in and watch the magic happen.

Here is a list of features. I'm working on making this list more complete as this currently lists MAYBE half of what it can do.

I'll try:

FEZ: Phil Fish
Leisure Suit Larry. Crowdfunded, nostalgia
Guncraft: Minecraft fans hating on it? I heard the Guncraft devs are dicks, so this might be a factor
Gone Home: Short "non-game".
lesbians
Total War Rome 2: Bug-ridden, partly unplayable mess at release
Sim CIty: Shitty game, EA moneyhats
CoH2: Russians

This just shows that review and user scores are both easily exploitable and are only worth anything with the right context.

Dolor

I really can't believe how much hate Rome 2 has gotten. The technical issues are bad, but damn there's a great game beneath that. I'm loving the hell out of it and worried if I will be done with it in time for X: Rebirth in November.

In this case, I am actually glad I pre-ordered the game because all this hate probably would have put me off of the game, and I wouldn't have bought my GOTY (so far) of 2013.

I love how everyone has hyped themselves up for an anniversary sale we have zero evidence for.

I suspect there's a healthy amount of tongues being placed in cheeks going on.

I hope so anyway for their sake!

I usually have to get up and drive to a building on a Sunday for that.

LOL

LOL

That's easily explained though. Game reviewers are all bought off, either directly or indirectly and user scores are all viral marketeers.

Life is so simple when one is a grumpy old cynical git! :)

Ha! :) I must admit I was surprised by your comment as I recognised your username from around these parts so well done for getting that right over my head.

You have made a powerful enemy this day!

I do commend it to you though; it has some really handy features and removes quite a few annoying quirks of the actual Steam client.

chronomac

I really can't believe how much hate Rome 2 has gotten. The technical issues are bad, but damn there's a great game beneath that. I'm loving the hell out of it and worried if I will be done with it in time for X: Rebirth in November.

I think it has more to with the hype being a little high, as this is the big PC-exclusive game of the year. I think some of these critics should revisit the game in a month and see if it still has bugs and major issues.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
12 minutes to disappointment

Dolor

I think it has more to with the hype being a little high, as this is the big PC-exclusive game of the year. I think some of these critics should revisit the game in a month and see if it still has bugs and major issues.

Yeah, I agree the hype was pretty heavy and may have raised expectations too much.

I've had my fair share of random game crashes too. I had one last night, and several over the past week. They make me angry, but I am only angry because I really want to keep playing the game instead of relaunching it.

jshackles

Dishonored: GotY announced. Content includes:

• Base Game
  • The Knife of Dunwall
  • The Brigmore Witches
  • Dunwall City Trials
  • Void Walker’s Arsenal

Will be priced at $39.99 / 29.99 € / £24.99 / $49.95 AUD on PC.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I don't care about a big sale, I just hope the front page acknowledges the 10 year anniversary and they have a comic storyline that finally kills off the Steam mascots.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
A game featuring man with valve in his head is finally made. Replacing PepsiMan and Cool Spot as my favourite random advert image turned into game ever.

That's my unrealistic dream.

jshackles

Are we hyping up Weekend Deals now?

Come on people. This is getting out of hand

It's the 10th anniversary of the Steam service coming online. And it's also a Thursday. Logical conclusion = sale.

Grief.exe

In this case, I am actually glad I pre-ordered the game because all this hate probably would have put me off of the game, and I wouldn't have bought my GOTY (so far) of 2013.

What blows my mind about technical issues at launch is they are generally fixed very soon. Couple patches and a driver update and the game usually runs very well.

There are exceptions of course, but a game as big as TW:R2 I have no doubt will get fixed.

The_Monk

It's already too late to not be in the hype train fellow GAFfers..

Even if it's nothing, I just want to ride this train for 2 more minutes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom