• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

oipic

At the very least join the official "Enhanced Ste@m" group on Steam. When I met with Valve one of things they were really interested in was not only the number of Enhanced Steam users but also the number of users in my Steam group.

I consider myself a solid GAF citizen, proud of never having given our mods a cause for concern (well, I'm a resident non-entity), and the mere mention may be out of line, but I'd give you a tag linked to the ES Steam group if it were up to me!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I consider myself a solid GAF citizen, proud of never having given our mods a cause for concern (well, I'm a resident non-entity), and the mere mention may be out of line, but I'd give you a tag linked to the ES Steam group if it were up to me!

Thanks for joining everyone!

I'd probably rather have a tag that linked to EnhancedSteam.com - it's more important to have people using and understanding the extension rather than talking about it on Steam. :)

I'll probably add a link to the Steam group to the "Enhanced Steam Menu" at the top of Steam.

FACE

Banned
ArmA 3 is out? Cool, guess it's time to buy...

jXn62iIhfSFmR.png

... Fuck off, Bohemia.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Sorry about modbot issues; I did some coding yesterday so it was running on my desktop again, and it was a patch day for Microsoft so my computer auto-updated and rebooted around 2AM EST and MB didn't start back up. All fixed now and everyone should receive any messages they were waiting for.

Haha, don't worry :p

Thanks :). I wouldn't normally make such a comment *facepalm* :).

At the very least join the official "Enhanced Ste@m" group on Steam. When I met with Valve one of things they were really interested in was not only the number of Enhanced Steam users but also the number of users in my Steam group.

Joined!

I don't know why they don't hire you as a consultant to work on the Client and website, if they don't want to hire you as a full member of their team. It would be good PR if nothing else. Perhaps they're happy just making a gadjillion spacebucks and not worrying too much about the user experience? After all we're all just entitled nerds who will lap up whatever they dish out right? :/

Apologies for the cynical rant but as much as I enjoy using Steam they do frustrate me in some regards.

It's time to stop posting.gif

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mark Of The Ninja -- MB-469DD112D42585F1 - Taken by Deques
Eets Munchies -- MB-B4BF2DA3E9BF0294 - Taken by BorntoPlay

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Still kinda blows my mind that the primary mod for this thread coded a feature-rich app pretty much just for this thread. Post release support has been excellent as well.

Would buy on a Humble Bundle.

liezryou

So now that i'm getting into borderlands, i really wish i had bought the mechromancer and psycho pack when it was on sale. FML. Anyway does anyone have a spare copy or something they'd be willing to sell?

FACE

Banned
They've said a thousand times they were going to raise the price after alpha / beta / final. Most people bought during that period. I paid like, 20 bucks I guess.

I didn't think they'd have the gall to charge >R$100 for a game that has no campaign(and no jets).

My guess would be all Valve titles on sale and maybe the first few games that were added to Steam?

Featuring only Valve games would be pointless. They're all old, everybody has them and they're not really what Steam is about anymore (except for Dota /TF2).

Full sale or nothing.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Joined!

I don't know why they don't hire you as a consultant to work on the Client and website, if they don't want to hire you as a full member of their team. It would be good PR if nothing else. Perhaps they're happy just making a gadjillion spacebucks and not worrying too much about the user experience? After all we're all just entitled nerds who will lap up whatever they dish out right? :/

Apologies for the cynical rant but as much as I enjoy using Steam they do frustrate me in some regards.

No worries - obviously I was also frustrated enough to start making Enhanced Steam last December.

Enhanced Steam now has more daily users than TF2, according to my stats (here and here both of which are "average daily users" not total downloads) and Steam's own stats.

While obviously I have a way to go before capturing a significant number of total Steam membership, it's nice to know that something I created is (technically) more popular than TF2. (Although I have no way of capturing how many users are using Enhanced Steam simultaneously and Steam doesn't publish how many total users played TF in a particular day.)

DrTeflon

I didn't think they'd have the gall to charge >R$100 for a game that has no campaign(and no jets).

They do have a jet.. .well... one, but I do get your point. I spent the last 2 hours arguing about that on a steam group lol.

The price is kinda high for brazil though.

chronomac

I am a Steam noob and do not own a single Valve game. I can't be the only one.

Not that I necessarily disagree with you :p.

In the past, they've put them on sale a lot. They don't mind repeating sales which is why I think, if anything goes discounted it'll be Half-Life 2, Orange Box, etc. You should pick up the Half-Life pack when it does.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
No worries - obviously I was also frustrated enough to start making Enhanced Steam last December.

Enhanced Steam now has more daily users than TF2, according to my stats (here and here both of which are "average daily users" not total downloads) and Steam's own stats.

While obviously I have a way to go before capturing a significant number of total Steam membership, it's nice to know that something I created is (technically) more popular than TF2.

That's hugely impressive! Great work. I've definitely enjoyed using it. Thanks!

I am a Steam noob and do not own a single Valve game. I can't be the only one.

Not that I necessarily disagree with you :p.

Sure. :p Most people do though.
And BTW, when Valve titles are on sale the next time, come in here again and say that you haven't played any Valve games. You'll get gifts of HL2 and Portal, 100% :D

Honestly, play HL2 and Portal.

While obviously I have a way to go before capturing a significant number of total Steam membership, it's nice to know that something I created is (technically) more popular than TF2.

I said wow :eek:.

Well done you! That must make you feel awfully proud/keep you warm if you wake up in the middle of the night! :)

In the past, they've put them on sale a lot. They don't mind repeating sales which is why I think, if anything goes discounted it'll be Half-Life 2, Orange Box, etc. You should pick up the Half-Life pack when it does.

Yeah, I know :). I only take a very cursory observation of pc gaming over the years until I finally invested in a pc recently that was capable of playing pc games but it didn't fail to escape my notice that Valve had put their catalogue on sale about a million times over the years! That's if they weren't giving them away e.g. Portal.

I'll definitely consider it if they put them up again but my kb&m skills are shocking which made HL2 & Portal a pretty frustrating experience when I tried the demos a few weeks ago. I intend to try them again when my kb&m skills are no longer catastrophically bad but if the full games allow the use of a controller then it will be an easy purchase. I know that's sacrilege for veteran pc gamers but if it's any consolation it took me months to get adept at using a controller too. [I played arcade games like Space Invaders as a teenager and then didn't touch another vidya game until the N64 era so I had a long learning curve to get used to all those buttons and sticks and prongs....]

EDIT:

Sure. :p Most people do though.
And BTW, when Valve titles are on sale the next time, come in here again and say that you haven't played any Valve games. You'll get gifts of HL2 and Portal, 100% :D

Honestly, play HL2 and Portal.

Ha! :p

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Brutal Legend -- MB-0440BEAE1291047B - Taken by creamsugar
ORIGIN Red Alert 3 Uprising -- MB-BD7DF21B3B81E467

There's still a Mirror's Edge (Origin) code up for grabs: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=76979207&postcount=4765

NinjaJesus311

Neo Member
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-7C29307A7B92E36E - Taken by nightstorm
FTL: Faster Than Light -- MB-90BDE011A24211C4 - Taken by Purkake4
Brutal Legend -- MB-B7C1BA7B52CF3223 - Taken by Accent

Such a good bundle, I wish I didn't have everything from it already.

DTKT

The ARMA release is weird. It's unfinished, lacks a campaign, no jets, some stuff is a direct port from ARMA and vehicles are usually just copies of each other.

It was released way too early.

Whools

So what time can we expect whatever festivities to begin? Is 6pm gmt (3.5 hrs from posting this) be a reasonable guess, the time when the steam sales update

jshackles

NinjaJesus311

Neo Member
ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg

Tower Wars -- MB-ABBA408D49604355 - Taken by wetflame

oipic

Finally...

steamyears1002_80.png

Nice one, C00kie. Congrats, and happy anniversary! :)

I recall signing up on what would've been the same day, Australian time zone willing, if memory serves me correctly, and it was janky as all hell. I regrettably lost access to that original account some time later, and created my current account when (I think?) there was a freebie Portal giveaway (to attract new folks) some six years and three days ago. Good times.

r3n4ud

Nice one, C00kie. Congrats, and happy anniversary! :)

I recall signing up on what would've been the same day, Australian time zone willing, if memory serves me correctly, and it was janky as all hell. I regrettably lost access to that original account some time later, and created my current account when (I think?) there was a freebie Portal giveaway (to attract new folks) some six years and three days ago. Good times.
Same here :/. Lost my account all them years ago and created a new one.

yaron777

ModBot said:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

MacGuffin's Curse -- MB-99EA87F6C4590E78 - Taken by liezryou
Tower Wars -- MB-3B46517761D3A40F - Taken by RS4-
Zombie Driver HD -- MB-1258899EA1556C07 - Taken by Eanan
Zombie Driver HD Soundtrack -- MB-0A8AE1E1F9F05185 - Taken by Dimitri2401
Fortix -- MB-590EDA165179EF49 - Taken by Stumpokapow
Enjoy

Purkake4

Banned
I managed to accidentally get two Mark of Ninja codes before so I'm passing the extra one on
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

header_292x136.jpg

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-540F4573C617496D - Taken by t-ramp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom