• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn I don't seem to catch a break on that Brutal Legend. One of these days though.. :D

btw, he who took Garry's mod from my giveaway, please claim it on Steam, so I can give away the next one. For some reason it doesn't let me send myself the code if I have two same games in my inventory.

I've been trying to claim but all I get is a Site Error saying:

"An error was encountered while processing your request:

This gift has already been redeemed."

Random Steam inventory stuffs
Never did a giveaway with gifts before, let's hope this works.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Tomb Raider Legend -- MB-4BC2CFDFDCA968D7 - Taken by Zeliard
STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl -- MB-AD17A066BF97EFCD - Taken by BorntoPlay

tmespe

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to do a test to see if I got it right before this massive key dump. Hopefully someone can get some use out of these keys. Some of these are origin keys, and are marked as such.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dead Space 3 Origin Key -- MB-975CB516BD9587F6 - Taken by v0rtikal
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising Origin Key -- MB-25467E016057DF67
Dead Space Origin Key -- MB-EA434DEFB611D1D6
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition Steam key -- MB-54F30D981A27675E - Taken by Atraveller
Populous Origin Key -- MB-10AC3035B53BEB4B
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising Steam key -- MB-D72C712118B57CC1 - Taken by valouris
Dead Space Steam key -- MB-9C61C617C2488F85 - Taken by Gez
Medal of Honor Steam key -- MB-809F67D200285AE3
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box Origin Key -- MB-34EAC31A320708B2 - Taken by None
Medal of Honor Origin Key -- MB-218E7ABBAEA65019
Mirror's Edge Origin Key -- MB-96A7EF0B9B9C31CE
rysis 2 Maximum Edition Origin Key -- MB-031AD0FEFEF5F228
Burnout Paradise Steam key -- MB-3A41327D60971949 - Taken by chronomac

I'm really going to have to get through some of my Steam backlog. Gonna finish Earthbound I think when I get home later today and then begin some new steam games.

Arthea

I'm really going to have to get through some of my Steam backlog. Gonna finish Earthbound I think when I get home later today and then begin some new steam games.

I don't do backlog clearing any more, but I was playing random games on steam, and for weeks didn't like any I tried, lately, I like every one I try, so I can't choose which one to play (><)

Arthea

Talking about sharing. I'll be reluctant to use it, because I don't see kicking my family from my library (if they play something at the time) without arguments of epic proportions. And it's kinda mean thing to do, no?

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Serious Sam HD The First Encounter -- MB-2578D860934C474B - Taken by Divius

valouris

Alright, I cant seem to send myself the second Garry's Mod for some reason, since it is in my inventory, so we'll do it this way. I sent ModBot a FAKE key. Whoever wins it, I will friend him on Steam and send him the gift through there. :)

Also, thanks a bunch for that Red Alert: Uprising :D

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg

Garry's Mod -- MB-F5E0056DD12761ED - Taken by BorntoPlay

Talking about sharing. I'll be reluctant to use it, because I don't see kicking my family from my library (if they play something at the time) without arguments of epic proportions. And it's kinda mean thing to do, no?

I'm pretty much the only person who games on PC in my house (one of my mates plays Football Manager) but that's about it. So it's not really something I'll be interested in using.

oh, really good tips here, thanks you!!

A lot of people on GAF will suggest you use the STALKER Complete mod, but that changes the gameplay drastically and I would recommend you play on Vanilla with some visual mods first so you can see what STALKER is all about.

The Starter Pack includes:

MODS INCLUDED in SoC's Pack:
- Official patch 1.0004; For non-Steam users. Works best with AMK 1.4.
- Zone Reclamation Project 1.7; More bug-fixes and useful tweaks. (NOTE: new version released on mod's official site!)
- Absolute Nature; Better and higher quality environment textures.
- Absolute Structure; Same as Nature, but for man-made structures.
- Shaders Max; Offers various new shader-effects for SoC.
- Stalker Weather Overhauled 2.2.2; Better lighting and weather, dark nights.

If you want to check out the Starter Pack, here's a Youtube tutorial with download links in the description.

Deques

You did this:

- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Which generally excludes most people in this thread, especially in a week where 4 bundles launched. :D

I wanted to give other people some chance to get some free games. Looks like it was a stupid move then... Is there any way to redo the giveaway, without the restriction?

I wanted to give other people some chance to get some free games. Looks like it was a stupid move then... Is there any way to redo the giveaway, without the restriction?

You should be able to nuke the keys and re-run it. The instructions are in the OP.

Because of the amount of bundles that are releasing these days using the weekly restriction will generally exclude pretty much everyone who frequent the thread. Daily restriction would probably be better for people who have missed all the fun yesterday.

I think the sharing will have very, very limited usability.

First of all, what this really is supposed to do for "families" is that everyone has their own achievements and savegames, without having to buy the game multiple times.

I see a few situations in which it will be used:

- Actual families: kid can play while parents are at work, without having access to the entire account, weekends will be fun. A slight usability and parental control improvement over something you can do now anyway
- Groups of 2-3 friends in different timezones who want to share libraries (I can't see this working out long-term)
- Groups of people who will organize group-buys with rules on who gets to play when (can't see this working either)
- Groups of people who want to game the system by making lots of separate accounts and sharing those separately

For 2-4, you still need to either give out your account name and password or do some remote desktop shenanigans. Other than that, I do not see a lot of use for it.

Deques

- Actual families: kid can play while parents are at work, without having access to the entire account, weekends will be fun. A slight usability and parental control improvement over something you can do now anyway

This option will be great for me. I don't want to give the entire account to my son where many of the games I have are not suited for him.

Copons

header_292x136.jpg

Got a MirrorMoon EP key from its devs (Santa Ragione) basically because they like my videogame satire blog and I'm super super super super happy and they're super super super super nice.
Also, we talked about Fotonica years ago with a super positive review, so maybe that was the reason. :D

Hey fantomena, suck it, I get keys because I'm funny and I don't even have to ask for them! :D
jk of course :)

Game is weird as hell, no explanation, no description of what does what, no tooltips, no nothing. You're there, all alone, in an extremely beautiful environment and you just have to explore, try everything and eventually find out what to do.

As the very purpose of the game is the pure awe of discovery, I think that this game just shouldn't be described, really.

Just: you are in a spaceship, you can go to hundreds (thousands? who knows?) of planets, you can land on those planets, you can explore it, you can solve some not-that-mindbending puzzles, and if you're the first (compared to other player online) to solve it something happens, if not you just have seen something really beautiful.

I honestly don't think this is a game for everyone.
It has a Proteus flavour but with a slightly deeper gameplay and IMO with way better aesthetics. Just look at those astounding screenshots!!

If you like to explore for the sake of exploration, this is a pretty good game.
If not, just go back blasting nazis in WW2 or something. :D

In any case, if you happen to be stuck at the spaceship console - and I was, my god, for like 40 minutes - please don't just alt+tab to search for a guide (on Steam ATM there is only a guide and it actually explain what those buttons do), because when you'll eventually figure out everything it makes you feel like the king of the universe or something.

PS: cards seem to sell at super high prices (like > 0.40€), but they're really beautiful and I don't know if I really want to sell them, so just in case I put them way above min price because they really deserve to be paid a lot. :D

Grief.exe

Valve made it so F2P games that you have purchased items in always show up in your library now, correct?

By my understanding you can't purchase DLC, but you can earn in-game content. So someone should be able to purchase content through the game if it is F2P.

WHO OWNS AND CAN ACCESS THE DLC AND IN-GAME CONTENT ASSOCIATED WITH A BORROWED TITLE?
A borrower will have access to the lender’s DLC, but borrowers may not purchase DLC for a base game they don't own. Any player may purchase, trade, earn, or otherwise acquire in-game content while playing a game, but in-game items cannot be shared between accounts. These items remain the property of the account that purchased or acquired them, whether borrowing or lending the base game.

So, theoretically, could someone lend you a F2P game removed from Steam, like League of Legends. Then purchase something in-game and it is added to your library?

Valve made it so F2P games that you have purchased items in always show up in your library now, correct?

By my understanding you can't purchase DLC, but you can earn in-game content. So someone should be able to purchase content through the game if it is F2P.

So, theoretically, could someone lend you a F2P game removed from Steam, like League of Legends. Then purchase something in-game and it is added to your library?
I assume it would be anything that would come up in the DLC tab. So in League's case, since you can't buy something in-game through Steam in some way (unlike other F2P games I've played on Steam), you're still SOL for that.

Deques

I will take Serious Sam the second encounter if you don't mind? I have not had anything in the last week, but Modbot has not replied to me

I wanted to redo the giveaway, so I nuked them. Wasn't sure if they were nuked, since I haven't gotten any reply from modbot

Acccent

Ahaha, really?

I thought I was being too hard describing the game, and I even felt a little guilty considering how I got it.

Well good for everyone then! :D

Well Proteus was one of my favourite games of last year, and ever, and 'exploration for the sake of exploration' is pretty much my favourite thing to do in games, so...

I don't know what this means because Proteus didn't have gameplay.

Lack of gameplay is gameplay

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh no, I'll use it with my friends, and take a sadistic pleasure in kicking them out whenever I feel like playing something.

Hopefully it'll be in the middle of a really long section and right before they hit a checkpoint, so they have to replay it later (I'm a bad person, I know).

Arthea

I think the sharing will have very, very limited usability.

First of all, what this really is supposed to do for "families" is that everyone has their own achievements and savegames, without having to buy the game multiple times.

I see a few situations in which it will be used:

- Groups of 2-3 friends in different timezones who want to share libraries (I can't see this working out long-term)
- Groups of people who will organize group-buys with rules on who gets to play when (can't see this working either)
- Groups of people who want to game the system by making lots of separate accounts and sharing those separately

For 2-4, you still need to either give out your account name and password or do some remote desktop shenanigans. Other than that, I do not see a lot of use for it.
haven't thought about this, it seems to be only option that makes sense. You don't have to kick anybody, you just play at different times. Then again, there are weekends, and OMG moments, when you play a game half of the night, because you can't stop. So yes, not really works.
I don't think letting any kid to have access to full library is good idea. Too many games not suited for kids.

Oh no, I'll use it with my friends, and take a sadistic pleasure in kicking them out whenever I feel like playing something.

Hopefully it'll be in the middle of a really long section and right before they hit a checkpoint, so they have to replay it later (I'm a bad person, I know).

bad? that's understatement, you might not live long enough, if you try this on regular basis (><)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom