• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you running, my 780 chugs in big battles to single digits at times, kinda silly. 3570k is at 4.6, don't want to bump it to 4.7 until winter
An ok-ish laptop, the funny thing is, I have no problem with the battles, could stay on high with 30 fps. But on the campaign map, sometimes I get sub 20, which is worse than launch.

chronomac

The only problem with Rogue Legacy is that it uses shaders. Therefore you need a decent GPU to run it.

Spelunky for example runs nicely, even on a mediocre hardware (I could run it on a 1st gen Core i3 laptop with an integrated GPU).

I looked through the Steam Forums for the game and it appears a lot of people are having the same issue I am. In some cases it looks like they're encountering a bug but in most it appears that their video card isn't good enough. The Cellar Door rep there implied that they're working on a way to tweak the graphic settings a bit more and, perhaps, provide a way to disable some of the shaders, which would help those with integrated graphics or lower-end cards.

Just finished The Whispered World. Like I said before, it's a charming, wonderful game, and the story was touching (I did NOT expect that ending). The game is a treat for the eyes as well, each scene is lovingly detailed. Slight caveats: The puzzles are inane the majority of the time, and the voice acting isn't super great. Other than that, I highly recommend everyone try it out.

Good, 'cause I'm about to start it.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

The Tiny Bang Story -- MB-C687D1123274C5FE - Taken by Franck Ribery
Velvet Assassin -- MB-4A65BA333E36A8F7 - Taken by Zeliard

Lingitiz

Angry Joe was saying that there is a very good tutorial section with the game.

For Rome 2? The prologue is kind of a technical mess and doesn't really explain each of the new streamlined mechanics very well.

Rome 2 in general is just a mess right now. It definitely feels like a game that should have been released next year. Modders and CA will likely get this game where it needs to be in the weeks ahead, but it's still super depressing that this happened in the first place. It's so insane that the AI is actually failing at managing the systems built into the game. They basically get too confused with the new squalor/public order systems that they end up struggling to maintain their units and settlements.

Definitely not as enthusiastic about Sega's acquisition of Relic after this botched launch.

Vibranium

Banned
Oh man, I still can't believe Valve didn't even have a news post about Steam's 10th birthday, really surprising. Well at least there are signs their Complete Pack could be going on sale soon....

For Rome 2? The prologue is kind of a technical mess and doesn't really explain each of the new streamlined mechanics very well.

Rome 2 in general is just a mess right now. It definitely feels like a game that should have been released next year. Modders and CA will likely get this game where it needs to be in the weeks ahead, but it's still super depressing that this happened in the first place. It's so insane that the AI is actually failing at managing the systems built into the game. They basically get too confused with the new squalor/public order systems that they end up struggling to maintain their units and settlements.

Definitely not as enthusiastic about Sega's acquisition of Relic after this botched launch.

Best idea to learn how to play Total War games is to avoid their terrible tutorial/prologue, start up a campaign and play around for 10-20 turns. Don't worry about making mistakes, just focus on figuring out the different systems. Once you feel like you've got a good grip on it, start a new campaign and that'll be your proper game.

destx

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter -- MB-E6CD30A627594420 - Taken by super-famicom. 1 entrants total.
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter -- MB-0EDB3AAAFB26FE50 - Taken by Anteater. 1 entrants total.

t1379055851z1.png

helo

Sajjaja

He was referring to medieval 2.

Grief.exe

I was probably mistaken on what he was referring to.

I don't have very much experience with the Total War series and he glossed over that section quite quickly. Plus it was a long review, around 45 minutes, so I may have some things mixed up.

Either way, I will differ to your opinion on the matter.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Serious Sam HD The Second Encounter -- MB-56C8F52FFE0AB0A3 - Taken by super-famicom
Serious Sam HD The First Encounter -- MB-7974AB6723091887 - Taken by Cloudius12

yaron777

Huntsman: The Orphanage keys are now available from Amazon for all the people that got one for free through the promotion (or just bought it)

Arthea

If I had a certain game but no dlc, and later entered a new steam code for the same game but with dlc, I have to get dlc, no?
Because it seems I didn't, and ruined a code. *sighs*

yaron777

If I had a certain game but no dlc, and later entered a new steam code for the same game but with dlc, I have to get dlc, no?
Because it seems I didn't, and ruined a code. *sighs*

Have you restarted Steam? I know that Steam currently has some problems with the activation of keys.

Copons

Mhh, do you think these constant problems Steam is having may be affecting its download speed?
In the last couple of days I've installed three or four big games and I'm noticing that my average rate is around 500Kbps while usually it's in the 800-1000.
I'm wondering if it's my connection, but who knows.
Fact is that even at 500 it completely fills up my Internet and navigating becomes super slow, so if I need twice the time to download a game, I'm stuck navigating in the 56k age for toooo much time. :/

Mhh, do you think these constant problems Steam is having may be affecting its download speed?
In the last couple of days I've installed three or four big games and I'm noticing that my average rate is around 500Kbps while usually it's in the 800-1000.
Fact is that even at 500 it completely fills up my Internet and navigating becomes super slow, so if I need twice the time to download a game, I'm stuck navigating in the 56k age for toooo much time. :/

yes...steam download speed is very inconsistent right now.

Arthea

What's strange, it doesn't affect download speed for me, I have problems with about anything else but that (><)
Then again my dll speed seems to be much higher then yours, may be I don't notice.

The store page doesn't recognise when you own that DLC for some reason, have you tried going to the DLC tab in the library?

Right Click -> View Downloadable Content

No, I didn't. Thanks for suggestion, I'll check it once more.

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Serious Sam HD The Second Encounter -- MB-56C8F52FFE0AB0A3 - Taken by super-famicom
Serious Sam HD The First Encounter -- MB-7974AB6723091887 - Taken by Cloudius12
thanks anonymous

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

header_292x136.jpg

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-697C9CB3AC1D3566 - Taken by Deques
FTL -- MB-56E5C807F8AF5F62 - Taken by chronomac
Have fun

Deques

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Serious Sam HD The Second Encounter -- MB-920EAE59B611C0B2
Serious Sam HD The First Encounter -- MB-583AF64FF1F59995

Why so serious?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
LOL, I feel like if you troll the steam thread you'll never have to spend money on humble bundles. I'm just saving up all my redundant keys for a mega unleashing.

My Huntsman keys are available as well, only got three though. Anyway, enjoy:

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

header_292x136.jpg

Huntsman The Orphanage -- MB-D010B162B726587A - Taken by super-famicom

Lingitiz

Best idea to learn how to play Total War games is to avoid their terrible tutorial/prologue, start up a campaign and play around for 10-20 turns. Don't worry about making mistakes, just focus on figuring out the different systems. Once you feel like you've got a good grip on it, start a new campaign and that'll be your proper game.

That's actually how I feel about it too. When I first played a TW game I just jumped right in and hoped for the best. I actually do enjoy the learning experience of fucking up a couple early campaigns and then eventually getting one right. It's similar to Civ in that way for me. They both nail that satisfying feeling when everything clicks together.

My Huntsman keys are available as well, only got three though. Anyway, enjoy:

Thanks for Huntsman!

I'm preparing a ModBot giveaway for you guys, it'll be up soon.

Edit- Here you go!

ModBot said:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-02E4669C076357EF - Taken by Timedog. 2 entrants total.
Mark of the Ninja -- MB-BAC0A54344A514B6 - Taken by Gez. 1 entrants total.
FTL -- MB-42AA13E35476165B - Taken by v0rtikal. 2 entrants total.
Intrusion 2 -- MB-EAA743DD132BF5C0 - Taken by Pestilence11. 2 entrants total.
Nightsky -- MB-727BAABCF75E1835 - Taken by Motorbreath. 1 entrants total.

t1379060442z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-019F7D8E6F40F2E5 - Taken by nightstorm
Eets munchies -- MB-59C67584A51C1861 - Taken by didamangi
Brutal legend -- MB-5F461EEA81A76B8E - Taken by Tesseract

valouris

That's actually how I feel about it too. When I first played a TW game I just jumped right in and hoped for the best. I actually do enjoy the learning experience of fucking up a couple early campaigns and then eventually getting one right. It's similar to Civ in that way for me. They both nail that satisfying feeling when everything clicks together.

A couple of custom or historical battles to understand the battle gameplay is not a bad idea as well. Total war tutorials tend to be shitty indeed.

Zeliard

Just finished The Whispered World. Like I said before, it's a charming, wonderful game, and the story was touching (I did NOT expect that ending). The game is a treat for the eyes as well, each scene is lovingly detailed. Slight caveats: The puzzles are inane the majority of the time, and the voice acting isn't super great. Other than that, I highly recommend everyone try it out.

Relevant to this, I highly recommend people check out http://indiegamebundle.wikia.com/wiki/Indie_Game_Bundle_Wiki every so often to get a look at what sorts of indie bundles are on offer. The Whispered World has been among them before. It's worth it to check out bundles other than Humble to see what interesting games you can snag for a great price.

tmespe

This is my first giveaway, so I hope it works.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-14A101F20B9DE64A - Taken by LiquidSolid. 2 entrants total.
Fez -- MB-8367D1764BFFF0F0 - Taken by Tesseract. 10 entrants total.

t1379061405z1.png

valouris

Damn I don't seem to catch a break on that Brutal Legend. One of these days though.. :D

btw, he who took Garry's mod from my giveaway, please claim it on Steam, so I can give away the next one. For some reason it doesn't let me send myself the code if I have two same games in my inventory.

BorntoPlay

Damn I don't seem to catch a break on that Brutal Legend. One of these days though.. :D

btw, he who took Garry's mod from my giveaway, please claim it on Steam, so I can give away the next one. For some reason it doesn't let me send myself the code if I have two same games in my inventory.

Brutal Legend is Still available here... http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=81542069&postcount=9341

Too bad about Garry's mod, i want a chance to win it... =D

Thezez

Banned

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

FTL -- MB-1B4F2DC79A7DCE70 - Taken by zerokoolpsx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom