• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I need spiritual guidance on burning what little cash I had left because, as per usual, it's STEAM SALE time!

FTL 50% off. Worth it? Is the dev holding a similar promo on his site? Guys, halp. Or more like talk me into getting this game? I've heard about it a lot but I really barely had time to even take a quick look at it.

I watched this though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_bs4qNL1iw

And now I'm kind of wanting to get FTL just to have a ship called Bongwagon...

Also, anything else worth looking at in this sale?

zkylon

zkylewd
Ok, I need spiritual guidance on burning what little cash I had left because, as per usual, it's STEAM SALE time!

FTL 50% off. Worth it? Is the dev holding a similar promo on his site? Guys, halp. Or more like talk me into getting this game? I've heard about it a lot but I really barely had time to even take a quick look at it.

It's great, definitively worth it and for the same price at the devs' site: http://www.ftlgame.com/ (though you get a Steam key there so I'm guessing the devs get the same money as if it was sold on Steam).

Haha, that video had me cracking.

FTL is definetly worth it. Very fun game.

EDIT: Also get Bastion. Great game with an unique way of storytelling. It has an awesome soundtrack too, so definetly worth it for 5 bucks.

ArjanN

Who else is getting Brutal Legend? The soundtrack alone was why I bought it originally.

Already bought.

How long should I expect to wait ? Started over with another game (after restarting Steam) and still nothing.

Like less than a minute. If it still doesn't work you can go the directory of the game and see if there's anything there you can install manually (like directx)

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
It's great, definitively worth it and for the same price at the devs' site: http://www.ftlgame.com/ (though you get a Steam key there so I'm guessing the devs get the same money as if it was sold on Steam).
I don't think this is right. IIRC Valve does not charge for keys and only takes a cut when people buy through the Steam client, so the dev gets more money if you buy direct.

ArjanN

I think I've asked this question a long time ago on this thread, but can't see to find my post. If someone would be so kind to help me out again, that would be great. Seeing the new Ys games up, reminded me i bought Oath in Felghana and Origin a while ago and have never played them. Knowing nothing of the series, where should i start? Also, are things different with these two new releases and would either of those be a much better place to start?

Oath is a remake of Ys 3.
Origin is a prequel to the entire series of Ys, so basically it's Ys 0.
I'd suggest starting with Oath and Origin, and then go back to 1 & 2 if you're still interested, because 1 & 2 are a bit older and might be harder to get into.

See the Ys 1 and 2 Official Thread for more discussion on this.

The Judge

So, after this cliente update Steam won't recgonize my Steam Library on my external HDD. Deleting client registries did not seem to fix it.

Anyone know anything about this?

Edit: nevermind, got it fixed by creating a new steam library and then moving the files from the other one to it.

Salsa

guys im playing Borderlands 2 and im enjoying myself

and im even playing in Single Player

I bought it back when it came out, also have the season pass, loved the first one and played it all the way through with a friend

played with a buddy 2 days or so following the release and then he bailed and I pretty much left the game alone because I figured i'd be doing the game a disservice by playing it alone

so here I was with nothing to play and yeah

its weird cause in a sense I wanna hate it cause the humor is way too fucking annoying and in your face 90 percent of the time, but the gameplay itself is addicting, I cant help it, sorry

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Who else is getting Brutal Legend? The soundtrack alone was why I bought it originally.
I think I am. And Runner 2 too. And I'm trying to convince myself not to grab the Indie Gala bundle (want the Introversion games, though I already have Uplink), but it's hard.

I bought it back when it came out, also have the season pass, loved the first one and played it all the way through with a friend

played with a buddy 2 days or so following the release and then he bailed and I pretty much left the game alone because I figured i'd be doing the game a disservice by playing it alone

its pretty good, even if the humor is sometimes terribad

That's how I played and enjoyed the first one. Single player. I played a bit of Mad Moxxi with a friend but it was such a kick in the nuts that I didn't try to play with someone else again.

When I get to play the second one, it'll also be a solo affair for me.

its weird cause in a sense I wanna hate it cause the humor is way too fucking annoying and in your face 90 percent of the time, but the gameplay itself is addicting, I cant help it, sorry

The humor in 2 at least varies. Some of it is pure gold, and some of it is really really bad. I love Jack though.

MRORANGE

Worth it:

fXFRqvJ.jpg

Have anyone tried Conquest of Elysium 3? Is it any good?

I'm getting weak Fantasy General vibes from it, in which case I would jump with no hesitation, but they also talk about rogue like which is a bit off putting to me.

I'm also interested in opinions on Unity of Command.

Dingotech

It's a great single player game IMO!

I played all the way through it single player and had a blast, don't feel guilty at all. :D

Booshka

I just built a gaming PC, and the first game I got was Torchlight 2 to play with friends. If anyone on here would like to add me on Runic to play, my account name is Booshka on there. I have a level 38 (that I am playing with said friends) and then some lower level characters I might start leveling.

Been mostly downloading and playing free to play stuff, as the PC itself cost like 1200 so I'm a little broke at the moment. I'm a total neophyte when it comes to PC gaming, and PC's in general, but I'm eagerly excited to get into it.

Sarcasm

My thing with borderlands is I get bored. I may think cause it shooting but the first one I loved the humour and art but was a chore to finish. Including the dlc.

My thing with Boredom Lands is that the shooting is shitty and repetitive and the loot is shitty and repetitive and the story is shitty and repetitive and the RPG elements are shitty and repetitive.

Salsa

My thing with Boredom Lands is that the shooting is shitty and repetitive and the loot is shitty and repetitive and the story is shitty and repetitive and the RPG elements are shitty and repetitive.

gotta be fair here: 2 does mix it up quite a bit

1 had like 2 enemies

Derrick01

Banned
I enjoyed BL2 (and BL), but the second definitely wore out its welcome before I finished it.

Same with me and my friend. We were huge into BL1 and all the DLC but we both got tired of 2 about 70% of the way in. The humor is what kept me going, but that makes further playthroughs worthless since it's the same jokes over again.

I don't think I'll be buying 3 without drastic formula changes. Loot and humor isn't enough to make me overlook a bad game again.

ShaneB

I just built a gaming PC, and the first game I got was Torchlight 2 to play with friends. If anyone on here would like to add me on Runic to play, my account name is Booshka on there. I have a level 38 (that I am playing with said friends) and then some lower level characters I might start leveling.

Been mostly downloading and playing free to play stuff, as the PC itself cost like 1200 so I'm a little broke at the moment. I'm a total neophyte when it comes to PC gaming, and PC's in general, but I'm eagerly excited to get into it.

Welcome aboard!

esai

So I tried installing Linux Mint and I'm stuck at work log in screen. It keeps saying my user name or password is incorrect but I know I'm using the right one from the installation.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I just bought the Indie Gala bundle, but didn't receive any e-mail with a link to the bundle page with my keys. I got the PayPay e-mail, so the payment went through. Is it normal for it to take some time? I'm starting to worry :/

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So I tried installing Linux Mint and I'm stuck at work log in screen. It keeps saying my user name or password is incorrect but I know I'm using the right one from the installation.

Linux is case sensitive. Are you using the same format? Ex: eSai is different than esai

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

bundles are a great way to sample stuff for cheap

Two going on right now
http://www.indiegala.com/
http://www.indieroyale.com/

bedlamite

OK I know I'm late with this but people are actually installing an entire fucking OS for a TF2 hat?

Teh call of teh Gaben is mighty indeed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom