• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

And I still cannot connect to the Internet with Linux. Damned.

I will try to find an Ethernet cable tomorrow.
The support for older hardware definitely seems to be a bit more complete. My Linux machine is a Core 2 Duo (Conroe I think, not Wolfdale), with a 9600 GSO, and some old Linksys PCI wireless card, and none of it needed drivers that weren't already in the kernel.

Blizzard

Banned
Ruse for $2.50? Eh, why not?
The funny thing was, I had been waiting forever for a 75% sale, and it went on 75% for $5 and I finally got it like a few weeks ago. I didn't realize the price further went down since then.

That's okay, since it means I could maybe gift it to some more people now. I wanted it to play some human vs AI co-op battles, but I'm currently really bad at figuring out what's going on. It's kind of neat.

Wok

bVGxlOw.png

I knew they would celebrate the 100th game on Steam Linux.

Wow...

engie_tux_english.png

Putting TF2 on overnight download on my Ubuntu box.

It is so cute!

nexen

The funny thing was, I had been waiting forever for a 75% sale, and it went on 75% for $5 and I finally got it like a few weeks ago. I didn't realize the price further went down since then.

That's okay, since it means I could maybe gift it to some more people now. I wanted it to play some human vs AI co-op battles, but I'm currently really bad at figuring out what's going on. It's kind of neat.

Hate it when this happens.
I bought this game solely because I thought it looked neat at a trade show before it was released and it's been sitting on my wishlist since forever. I wonder if I'll ever play it.

Enco

Offline messaging: You can now send messages to users who are offline. They will receive the message when they next log in
Dear Lord..

edit: doesn't work for me. Don't see any option to send messages to offline users. Maybe they need to have updated

I remember people talking about nobody would install Linux when Steam supported it, not even for Half Life 3. Now people are installing it for a hat.
Bow to your master GabeN now, because he obviously owns the lot now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bought everything I wanted, as well as the RUSE strategy guide (it's always nice to see the individual Prima guides go on sale alongside the game itself as they're self-published and therefore typically excluded). I'll probably get around to installing Linux and getting my virtual hands on Tux later today.

Crub

Are there any Metroid style games on Steam?

A Valley Without Wind (randomly generated)
Aquaria
Cave Story+
Fortune Summoners
Gateways
Hell Yeah! (This game is probably the closest thing to Metroid you'll find on Steam!)
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Saira
Wonder Boy in Monster World
VVVVVV

Soon to be released:
La-Mulana
Unepic

Relax.MX

The last month i played a lot, but alot of World of Warcraft(for the first time) i got a key for the battle chest, and is a bad game, but man is a fuckin drug...I did not want to keep paying so I started to play Dota 2, and...is the same thing! its like a drug, but a good drug, every match feels so different and i learn something new

Zeth

New to Steam so I own none of the games in the Linux sale. Have my eye on these, any other recommendations?

Revenge of the Titans
Dungeons of Dredmor
Droid Assault
FTL: Faster Than Light
Frozen Synapse

ttocs

Has anyone picked up Impire yet? It looks interesting, but 20 bucks is a little steep for a strictly impulse buy.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Impire looks much better than Dungeonland.
And Omerta. ㅠㅠ

New to Steam so I own none of the games in the Linux sale. Have my eye on these, any other recommendations?

Revenge of the Titans
Dungeons of Dredmor
Droid Assault
FTL: Faster Than Light
Frozen Synapse

Dungeons of Dredmore
FTL
Counter Strike Source
Crusader Kings II
Amnesia
Killing Floor
Bastion
Unity of Command

All games I would heartily recommend.

Wok

These are games I would recommend, although they cannot please everyone.
  • Revenge of the Titans
  • FTL: Faster Than Light
  • Frozen Synapse

Why did Steam just auto download an update for me using some new kind of update system and not tell me what it was? It also has a new description under the process list. Steam client bootstrapper and then a bunch of stuff after it.

Ditto.

For a limited time, Steam users who play the game on Linux will automatically receive a free, exclusive in-game item: Tux, the Linux mascot, can be carried by any of the game’s classes and traded between players.

Can Steam be installed on Fedora?

Derrick01

Banned
Why did Steam just auto download an update for me using some new kind of update system and not tell me what it was? It also has a new description under the process list. Steam client bootstrapper and then a bunch of stuff after it.

DirtRiver

So guys...should I buy R.U.S.E? Is it worth it or should I just wait for Wargames to drop in price because it is just so much better?

BigBoss

Dead Island GOTY edition is only $6.78 on gamersgate, is there anything wrong with the PC version that I should know about before buying?

ttocs

Dead Island GOTY edition is only $6.78 on gamersgate, is there anything wrong with the PC version that I should know about before buying?

The PC version is the version I played and it was fine. Initially there were some issues when it first game out (I think day 1) but not now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom