• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH FUCK! There was a Steam-GAF party and I wasn't invited? I'm a sad panda.

By the way, I still haven't received my Indie Gala keys, nor a response from them. Guess I'll shoot them another e-mail this evening, and if there's still nothing, threathen them with doing a chargeback. And then actually do it tomorrow if things don't change.

That's strange, I bought it a few minutes ago and they sent me the keys after my payment was complete! No problems here!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Not saying HH is bad, I just didn't fall in love with it like I did with Road to Hill 30, a game I think is among the best shooters ever.

I don't really see a point in discussion if you think BIA 1 is one of the best shooters ever and if you had made that more clear before, I never would have bothered engaging you.

Anyone? I shoot an e-mail to customer support 10 minutes after my last post, and they haven't answered yet. And I haven't got my keys either.

Am I screwed? Can I somehow make a chargeback on PayPal? What should I do?

http://www.indiegala.com/

Did you try the key resender? Try that first or poke them on Twitter as well. Chargebacks are usually the last resort.

Did you check your spam folder right? The first time I bought the messages ended up all there so I had to redirect them to my inbox.

Good luck!

Also, only two people talking me into getting FTL? I thought this game was TEH game around these lands? Isn't there one of those glorious short resumes/reviews that are both hilarious and great at the same time?

And, hey, I'm buying Magical Diary! Hell, I'm seriously considering gifting it to a friend too.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.indiegala.com/

Did you try the key resender? Try that first or poke them on Twitter as well. Chargebacks are usually the last resort.

Did you check your spam folder right? The first time I bought the messages ended up all there so I had to redirect them to my inbox.

Good luck!
Thanks, 30 minutes ago or so I got an answer from customer support, giving me the link for the keys page. I can't check whether it works as indiegala.com is blocked here at work, but it probably will.

I don't know what happened, they are supposed to be sent automatically. I had tried both the key resender and looking on the Hotmail spam folder (I still use Hotmail, don't laugh!). And I'm glad I didn't have to do a chargeback, I don't like them and they could mean trouble (try doing that to Steam, and you'll risk losing your account).

This put me in a good mood, so I'll give away my Uplink key once I redeem the rest, I already got it from a Humble Bundle. And I'll probably buy Brütal Legend and Runner 2 tonight (no giveaways for them, sadly I'm not made of money).

Bumhead

Banned
Yesterday's Steam patch seems to have added more options to the exit menu and fixed the search function, which is lovely. I can now shut down my PC from within BPM and use the store properly.

Only noticeable thing that's no longer working for me now is Set Category, which still doesn't respond when clicked. If Valve can fix that I'll be pretty much set with my "boot straight into BPM" setup.

Dr Dogg

What do you think of Orcs Must Die 2 and Sanctum?

Sanctum? You thing Sanctum is worthless then? Because holy sh!t Sanctum is real Custom Sauce.

Coffe Stain are money robbing DLC whores, but that's not Sanctum's fault.

Sorry for the redonciliously late replies (been on a lovely/crap holiday if you must know). My first 5 mins with Orcs Must Die I was loving it as felt was a bit quicker packed and a lot more mobile but as time wore on it started to get bogged down by being repetitive and having to constantly wait for new waves to come in and mix up your traps and.. urgh. Still didn't stop me buying the squeal, which I haven't even installed let alone played yet but might have to hit up a mate who's got it as I've heard it's alright in co-op. Now Sanctum, call me a philistine if you will but was not my cup of tea. The first-person view point really took me out of the whole strategic element of TD games and I was just running from entry point to entry point and not having any fun at all. I think I've come to the conclusion the TD games are not for me, though I would hardly call them worthless, I'm sure they are loved and cherished by some people. I prefer my strategy in the form of mental tests, puzzles and RTS titles and feel like TD is like a re-imagining of Space Invaders what with having your defense setup and moving point to point to kill of the invading force.

That's all, folks!

I like to joke that I've got mild OCD but there is no way in hell am I ever going to 100% an Ass Creed game, let alone the mind numbing tasks you have to do in III. I doft my metaphorical hat to you sir.

zkylon

zkylewd
AC2 did it for me. I loved the game, it was great. And I never ever want to play another second of an AC game ever again.
Hmm, that's kind of weird but I guess I can understand it. My problem with the AC series is not so much in the games but in Ubisoft's design paradigm of putting a billion samey events to make like their games are content-heavy. Also while I really liked AC2, I don't care for how far they have removed themselves from AC1's more investigate-then-assassinate approach.

I don't really see a point in discussion if you think BIA 1 is one of the best shooters ever and if you had made that more clear before, I never would have bothered engaging you.
I wasn't aware I'm supposed to summit my resume to be blessed with discussing with you.

My reasons are written in the quoted post you so kindly ignored. If you ever want to contest them, I'll be here.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I wasn't aware I'm supposed to summit my resume to be blessed with discussing with you.

My reasons are written in the quoted post you so kindly ignored. If you ever want to contest them, I'll be here.

I just don't believe a real human being can declare BIA to be one of the best shooters... or even a good one when the defining aspect of a shooter is so poorly executed in BIA.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Daily Deal - The Amazing Spider-Man, 60% Off

Let's get this one out of the way early: the only piece of DLC worth it is the Stan Lee pack.
ss_553acdaac3cf160932160c45b7829fe460e1e017.1920x1080.jpg

I forced myself to stop looking at stuff or I'll end up absolutely drained.

I ended up buying the Greenlight bundle and Magical Diary instead of FTL. That's what you guys get for not enough chain-posting about FTL. :p

(Who am I kidding, I'll probably pick it up sooner than later, god dammit, Steam.)

zkylon

zkylewd
You have to admit that it is basically the equivalent of rape through deception.
I REFUSE TO ADMIT ANYTHING

I just don't believe a real human being can declare BIA to be one of the best shooters... or even a good one when the defining aspect of a shooter is so poorly executed in BIA.
My bad for calling RTH30 one of the best shooters without providing enough context, though I figured you'd infer I wasn't calling it a good shooter on basis of its shooting since I have already said the shooting is shit, though purposely so. So to further clarify I mean it as a whole package, as a game, I love the historical detail, the acting, the puzzly combat, etc.

If I were to think of shooters simply by the quality of their shooting I wouldn't have place on my list for STALKER or Half Life.

Yeah, he's probably cyborg...

Do you say the same to everyone who declares HL2 or Bioshock their favorite shooter?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
For it to be more fun to play? Hell yeah it does.

I usually don't have trouble finding servers that fill up with me and four to five friends.

I dare say that if you pass up Chivalry at $10, you don't deserve the game.

QKS7Mz6.jpg

I hope it never goes on sale for less.

nexen

I go into empty LTS servers with one friend and it usually starts filling up within 15 minutes. We have to do that because usually all the servers playing that mode with good ping are full. The game definitely has no problems with population.

This is good. My steam account is littered with dead multiplayer-only games.

Tizoc

I usually don't have trouble finding servers that fill up with me and four to five friends.

I dare say that if you pass up Chivalry at $10, you don't deserve the game.

QKS7Mz6.jpg

I hope it never goes on sale for less.

;.; My money's a little tight sadly, but I do want the game. At the same time I'm holding true to the Steam GAF moto: "HOLD!". ;.;

Danj

if you have a 32gb USB stick then yes in theory, although it's going to be very slow, I've not seen anyone in this thread pull it off yet.

Don't know about sticks, but I successfully got it working with a 320GB USB hard drive. Although the default ATI drivers kinda suck. I didn't try the other ones, since the objective was just to get the hat.

Grief.exe

How do you just pick one shooter?

Do you pick for single player?

Then you are stuck with the choice of Stalker, Crysis, Half-Life, SS2, Deus Ex

Do you pick for multi-player?

Then you are stuck with the choice of Unreal, Quake, CS, Battlefield, Halo (can probably through this in on single player too).

And then there are amazing ones that I haven't even listed, Metroid: Prime, Bioshock, TF2, Tribes, etc.

Dr Dogg

Probably Crysis.

I love HL2 to death, but as a "shooter" it has nothing on Crysis.

I have to agree. Despite most people regard Crysis as a "Looker" it's also pretty tight in design and gameplay from top to bottom I felt. Plus having a big open environment to mess about with your Nano Suit made even more fun. Even the little attentions to detail like when you upped the difficulty to Maximum that the Koreans were no longer speaking English (yeah like that stopped me sneaking up behind them for a choke-hold then launch their dead corpse in to their unsuspecting mates). Plus as with all good games it's loads of fun just to fuck around, especially with the physics being top notch.

Danj

Jesus, I feel spoiled using the windows installer now. That looks like its own personal hell

The only reason it looks hard is because those instructions are for people who don't want to disturb their Windows install. If you were going legit with Linux you'd just install it straight-up, the installer can wipe your hard drive and whatnot itself, it's not much harder than Windows to install. My Ubuntu/Steam/TF2 experience was very smooth, everything "just worked", didn't have to muck about with drivers or anything (though as with Windows the performance on the default graphics drivers is kinda shit).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Calling Brothers in Arms a great shooter is like calling Borderlands a great shooter, rpg, or lootfest.

Or like calling Serious Sam 3 a great experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom