• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I want that MP3 rockstar pass but I already have Max Payne 3...$14 for both isnt that bad at all. The pass is MP heavy though

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I want that MP3 rockstar pass but I already have Max Payne 3...$14 for both isnt that bad at all. The pass is MP heavy though

I was able to find an mp game pretty easily back in December, but I wouldn't expect the community to last much longer and everyone in the game I joined was stupidly high level.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member

Grief.exe

Everyone needs Chivalry.

Yes

War of the Roses never goes on sale. :(

I thought it was essentially F2P now.

You can play through the game, but no unlocks. Every map is available to play on.

Then if you buy the game you can earn new weapons and customization options.

Scribblenauts seems like it would be a fun game to play with the girlfriend.

Shes not really too into videogames, think it would be a good gateway?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Don't do it. The game becomes incredibly boring incredibly quickly.

Wait for it to go below 5 dollars.

I'm playing it with my girlfriend, and it's really a lot of fun. You can share ideas, try them, see what happens, and have a good time together. I recommand it, even though it gets a little boring after a few hours.

If you play alone, it's not that good. The game doesn't offer any real challenge...

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
What about it did you find boring? I haven't played Scribblenauts yet, but I hear it's fun.

iEqGyoKB220Pv.gif

1-D_FTW

What about it did you find boring? I haven't played Scribblenauts yet, but I hear it's fun.

It is kind of boring. It's charming (at least for the first couple hours I played), but that's it's greatest asset. If that wears off, you won't be left with much else.

Lizardus

Finally finished Sleeping Dogs. The ending was kinda abrupt as other people have mentioned. In the end, it stands as one of the three best open-world games this gen along with GTA4 and JC2
JC2 and Sleeping Dogs confirmed to be in same universe

I tried the same with my wife but she wasn't interested, however we got right into lego lord of the rings. with 2 controllers we had a ton of fun, and my wife hates games because she's not good at them (mainly it's lack of skill with controls).
I will also say that she already liked the movies so that helped.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

The biggest problem is that it's crazy easy. I think it was Salsa that accurately compared it to playing Typing of the Dead, since the solutions to most puzzles are almost instantly obvious and you'll basically blow through the game as fast as you can type. The DS game had action-based puzzles and more challenge word-based puzzles that you had to solve multiple times without using the same word twice, but those are strangely absent from Unlimited. It sucks because unlike the first DS game, it actually has decent controls, but they stripped all challenge out of the game.

But I still enjoyed it quite a bit. It's lighthearted fun and if you have a creative mind it's worth the price of admission just to make weird shit and laugh about it. I was able to alleviate the lack of challenge a bit by tasking myself with finding the most absurd solutions to puzzles.

It isn't boring... But the magic wears off fast unless you are the "don't do the same thing that works everytime and make it hard/interesting for yourself" type.

Get it for her on ios. It is a better fit there to play in real short bursts.

Jobacca

Neo Member
Yes

I thought it was essentially F2P now.

You can play through the game, but no unlocks. Every map is available to play on.

Then if you buy the game you can earn new weapons and customization options.

My girlfriend loves it. Get it.

1-D_FTW

It isn't boring... But the magic wears off fast unless you are the "don't do the same thing that works everytime and make it hard/interesting for yourself" type.

Get it for her on ios. It is a better fit there to play in real short bursts.

Which is how I play it. But even then, I feel like they really only want you to play certain ways. A lot of my stuff flat out refuses to work and I'll just give up and give it the obvious junk it wants.

So glad Xseed had been localising and releasing the PC versions of the Ys games here. They've done a pretty nice job of porting the games in Chronicles+ based off of what little time I've spent with Ys 1. There's native 360 pad support and I'm playing the game, bordered, at 1920x1200. The quality of the cinematics, like this intro, don't look so hot blown up to that resolution but they weren't made with such a high resolution in mind.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
How do you just pick one shooter?

Do you pick for single player?

Then you are stuck with the choice of Stalker, Crysis, Half-Life, SS2, Deus Ex

Do you pick for multi-player?

Then you are stuck with the choice of Unreal, Quake, CS, Battlefield, Halo (can probably through this in on single player too).

And then there are amazing ones that I haven't even listed, Metroid: Prime, Bioshock, TF2, Tribes, etc.
I hope the absence of F.E.A.R. was deliberate, as it's obvious that it wins on every category.

dot

Hey guys, if i use a steam key and i already own the game is the key rendered useless/voided? Need to make sure.

AkuMifune

Banned
I dunno if it was a daily deal or it's been on sale a while, but I noticed FTL was 1/2 off at $4.99 today. Finally picked it up.

Now I just needs my parts from newegg to arrive. *maniacal laugh*

celebi23

Don't know about sticks, but I successfully got it working with a 320GB USB hard drive. Although the default ATI drivers kinda suck. I didn't try the other ones, since the objective was just to get the hat.

I wonder how hard it would be to install Ubuntu on an external Firewire 800 drive for my MacBook Pro?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Just got done 100%-ing Sleeping Dogs, including the Zodiac Tournament and Nightmare in North Point DLCs. Outstanding game, and now my favorite open world game too considering it's the first one that compelled me to complete everything because I didn't want to stop playing. Everything was fun. Looking forward to the Year of the Snake DLC (also so I can fix that "55 of 59"!), and I'm glad there's even more to come. I ended up nabbing all the DLC back when it was on sale, I'll probably grab the more recent ones in the future. I like how the DLC outfits usually aren't only cosmetic and come with a weapon, bonus or special move, plus the vehicles.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
OK guys, first one to quote me gets an Uplink key. No questions asked, no explanations needed. Just you, a super powerful remote computer, a couple of useful hacking tools, a really cool soundtrack to make your evenings more enjoyable, and the promise that Uplink Corporation will erase all records of your existence should your career as an aspiring hacker be compromised. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom