• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaccard

OK guys, first one to quote me gets an Uplink key. No questions asked, no explanations needed. Just you, a super powerful remote computer, a couple of useful hacking tools, a really cool soundtrack to make your evenings more enjoyable, and the promise that Uplink Corporation will erase all records of your existence should your career as an aspiring hacker be compromised. Good luck!

what?

Wake up, Isaccard.
The Uplink has you.
Follow the white PM.
Knock knock, Isaccard.

What? No, sorry, but it wasn't a riddle. You just had to quote my post, that's all :p

Though Isaccard beat you to it, so if you want the hacking game you'll have to hack his PC and/or Steam account.
Hack him? F*ck no, Isacacard might be one from the the anonymus crew, don't mess with them just respect them. Enjoy the game sir! XD

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Started Hotline Miami, I was prepared for weirdness but not for intentional scanlines, haha. Is this one best played with mouse & keyboard or gamepad?

Nakayumi

So I jumped on the Resident Evil 6 pre-order and it seems a pretty sure deal all of the bonuses will be unlocked before long. Anyone have an idea whether Resident Evil 5 will be unlocked right away, or do I have to wait until RE6 releases then? Would love to play through it again on PC before 6 releases. Also, has the RE5 DLC ever been released through Steam?

Im_Special

So after this Steam update, has anyone else notice strange things in there Steam\steam\games directory like appid files for games like Crysis and Lost Planet (don't even own them), among other things that shouldn't belong?

dot

So I jumped on the Resident Evil 6 pre-order and it seems a pretty sure deal all of the bonuses will be unlocked before long. Anyone have an idea whether Resident Evil 5 will be unlocked right away, or do I have to wait until RE6 releases then? Would love to play through it again on PC before 6 releases. Also, has the RE5 DLC ever been released through Steam?

Not sure about the first question, wondering about that myself. But no, the DLC was never released on Steam.

stuminus3

Why the hell is Ghost Recon randomly updating for me? The original Ghost Recon, too. Actually it looks like it's trying to redownload the whole thing. I didn't launch it or anything, Steam just started updating. Weird.

lmpaler

I just purchased Amnesia on the sale. I'm a little nervous and extremely excited to play it finally!

Also, does anyone use Big Picture on a TV? How is it? When I get my rig built in a few months I am using my Plasma as a monitor and Big Picture seems enticing just because of the TV.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Seems I received a further six Dota 2 invites overnight.

I thought it was essentially F2P now.

You can play through the game, but no unlocks. Every map is available to play on.

Then if you buy the game you can earn new weapons and customization options.

Yeah, there's the "free demo", but I don't want to actually play it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Why the hell is Ghost Recon randomly updating for me? The original Ghost Recon, too. Actually it looks like it's trying to redownload the whole thing. I didn't launch it or anything, Steam just started updating. Weird.

It's trying to tell you that you should switch to the "beat & delete" way of life.

Relax.MX

After a good Gaf time with Binary Domain survival MP.. We get 36 of 50 waves... And I just don't want to play it again.. Now i looking for a match of VS mode

Steam Gaf community need a itinerary of forgotten MP games to play..games than almost everybody already have like The Ship, Critter Crush, etc. Or good MP ideas like Assasin Creed

FloatOn

After a good Gaf time with Binary Domain survival MP.. We get 36 of 50 waves... And I just don't want to play it again.. Now i looking for a match of VS mode

Steam Gaf community need a itinerary of forgotten MP games to play..games than almost everybody already have like The Ship, Critter Crush, etc. Or good MP ideas like Assasin Creed

Agreed. Sorry again for not getting in on this. I played rock of ages multiplayer the other day, was a good time. I'm also always looking for people to play worms with.

Dipswitch

I have to say I'm jolly impressed by the new shutdown options within big picture mode. Being able to sleep my PC from my couch using my 360 controller is awesome.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Dwarfs F2P DLC is on sale! Tripwire obliged my prayers.

Edit: Game UK is selling a Lego Super Bundle (Batman, Batman 2, Harry Potter 1-4, Harry Potter 5-7 and LoTR) for 20 pounds, which equates to roughly $6 per game.

Tomodachi

Started Hotline Miami, I was prepared for weirdness but not for intentional scanlines, haha. Is this one best played with mouse & keyboard or gamepad?
They're very different, you should try both. I played it from the start to the ending with a pad, then replayed it with kbm, and I'm not sure which one is better. Both control methods have their pros, I guess.

Nakayumi

Not sure about the first question, wondering about that myself. But no, the DLC was never released on Steam.

That's too bad, guess I'll have to keep the PS3 version to play through the DLC levels. Since we're already on 51% for unlocking reward 2, we should soon be able to find out whether RE5 is downloadable right away or not. Sure hope so!

Dr Dogg

That's too bad, guess I'll have to keep the PS3 version to play through the DLC levels. Since we're already on 51% for unlocking reward 2, we should soon be able to find out whether RE5 is downloadable right away or not. Sure hope so!

Sneaky Capcom. I guess this isn't a bad thing though as I was never going to even consider Resi 6 unless it was going to be a great deal and throwing in digital goodies, the previous game and, if enough pre purchase all the DLC. Is it 51% completed of the total rewards or just the second? I'd rather not part with £20 for something I'm hardly likely to play unless I coerce a mate to get it for co-op and I already own 5 so not much of a draw there for me (well unless it's a giftable copy) but I suppose there's a month to go until release. I'll keep a watchful eye.

Autofokus

Sneaky Capcom. I guess this isn't a bad thing though as I was never going to even consider Resi 6 unless it was going to be a great deal and throwing in digital goodies, the previous game and, if enough pre purchase all the DLC. Is it 51% completed of the total rewards or just the second? I'd rather not part with £20 for something I'm hardly likely to play unless I coerce a mate to get it for co-op and I already own 5 so not much of a draw there for me (well unless it's a giftable copy) but I suppose there's a month to go until release. I'll keep a watchful eye.

Reward 2
Everything Above, Plus:
Free Copy of Resident Evil 5
Already own it on Steam? Gift it to a friend.

Anyone bought Impire, saw a positive preview on Destructoid but nothing here at all unless I missed a thread. Wondering if anyone is doing an OT, would like to learn a bit more about it before jumping the gun.

Nillansan

Yeah sorry I was told that the host migration messed things up for you.

Even though I didn't contribute with much, I had a lot of fun. I never expected us to survive for that long.

Hit me up for some VS mode.

Also, does anyone use Big Picture on a TV? How is it? When I get my rig built in a few months I am using my Plasma as a monitor and Big Picture seems enticing just because of the TV.

My main PC is connected to my tv 24/7 so I always use Big Picture and I love it, great interface

I have to say I'm jolly impressed by the new shutdown options within big picture mode. Being able to sleep my PC from my couch using my 360 controller is awesome.

And this is amazing such a brilliant feature

Bumhead

Banned

I love Big Picture Mode. My PC boots straight into it on my HDTV and it's a really great experience. Such a nice UI and interface; in my opinion the nicest yet designed for a console or console-like service.

It does have one or two quirks though. Search wasn't functioning for me, although that appears to have been fixed in the last day or two, and also the Set Category option isn't working for me. Being able to shut down the entire PC from within BPM though is a really great addition, as is the option to switch user profiles so I can access my desktop should I need to.

If steam boots automatically you can turn it on by holding the home button on your controller

Wait, so if my PC is set to auto-boot into Steam, I can press the 360 pad home button and the entire rig will start?

Mind. Blown.

Bumhead

Banned
BioShock 2 is loaded with DRM and I keep crashing when the intro finishes so the update can't even complete. Lovely.

BioShock 2 uses GFWL doesn't it?

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say every single game I own that uses GFWL has caused me at least some issues. Arkham City reached a point where it become almost unplayable for me and I'm entirely blaming GFWL for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom