• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm in Brazil and I can't give or receive gift purchases.

Maybe it's a Brazil thing then.

Possibly. I'm at the confirmation page at the moment and the fee on a gift of USD$20 is 10 cents. (Don't get excited, Salsa; I didn't hit send. :p)

Is the LA Noire DLC worth the 2.50 extra?

It adds 5 cases plus some extra clothing that makes you better with certain weapons, but besides the setting of the last one they're not too different from the rest. In another one you meet again your old partners, which is kind of cool if you liked them, but those are the only different things from the rest.

The worst thing about it, however, is that now they are added to the normal story flow and can't be skipped, so if you're not liking the game too much those five extra cases may make you want to stop playing altogether.

Have you already played the base game? If that's the case, buy the DLC if you liked what you saw so far, because it's pretty much on par with the rest of the game.

JaseC

JaseC is clearly lying. What a terrible fake name for a country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4paLVu0gNcQ

How can you tell if you have the DLC for a game? Specifically LA Noire. I thought you could right click it and check.

You can right-click the game, hit "Properties", and click the DLC tab, but given how haphazardly some developers name DLC at the backend, I find it's better to log into the Steam website and visit the DLC product pages themselves.

Sober

Oh shit, Receiver got greenlit. My Overgrowth pre-order continues to pay dividends!
The three guns in the game are pretty cool but hopefully getting it greenlit gives them a bit of a kick in the pants to put some more content into it, even if it is 5 dollars.

I keep wondering how much Steam games are in Sweden for row key selling to be lucrative in anyway, not that I care, guys are helping out for sure.

You can right-click the game, hit "Properties", and click the DLC tab, but given how haphazardly some developers name DLC at the backend, I find it's better to log into the Steam website and visit the DLC product pages themselves.

Ah okay thats what I figured. Thank you.

edit: I do own the DLC, just that the steam client says I don't and the website says I do. What a pain.

Salsa

Anyone available to pre order Bioshock Infinite from South American territories?

I can paypal you the $45.

If you need vouches I set up a Amazon group buy: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43062946&postcount=3439

And was apart of a Chivalry and Castle Crashers 4 Pack.

heya I can help you. I think I only get taxes when I send money to someone, not the other way around

http://steamcommunity.com/id/pablitomm

JaseC is clearly lying. What a terrible fake name for a country.

I couldnt come up with anything better

JaseC

I am still pondering whether to pay $30 for the Leviathan TF2 hat. Is Skullgirls a good preorder bonus?

I'm tempted to buy it myself but given that tier has already sold close to 1500 units I'm sceptical of how much the hat will be worth later down the track.

Edit: D'oh, didn't switch tabs.

Salsa

Are you going to buy KRZ? I realised I needed to recommend a game for the Pillar of the Community badge, so I wrote a brief review.

what is that?

anyway asked for a specific release date on Kingdom Rush and got this:

i7WLfZYoFiQZh.PNG

so yea

JaseC

I really like the Enhanced Steam addon for Firefox/Chrome, it highlights which DLC you own automatically.

While it's certainly handy for browsing the specials section and the like (I no longer need to open and close dozens of tabs), it's not exactly perfect: I've encountered a few things that aren't shaded as owned despite the fact I do own the content and the Firefox version in particular can take a little while to kick in, plus filtering search results breaks it (though this can be remedied by simply refreshing the page).

Blizzard

Banned
I wish my Facebook had a "ya no me gusta" button.

Congrats to your friends Salsa -- did you know the people who made the game? I feel like I missed out on some backstory or something.

Tomodachi

Surgeon Simulator. I mean, really? Sometimes I think all it takes to get greenlighted is popularity (well duh!), even better if it's "bad" popularity given by memes and ridiculous videos, and that is really upsetting for me.

I'm Italian so right now I'm in a "democracy sucks" kind of moon, deal with me please

Chronoja

Surgeon Simulator. I mean, really? Sometimes I think all it takes to get greenlighted is popularity (well duh!), even better if it's "bad" popularity given by memes and ridiculous videos, and that is really upsetting for me.

I'm Italian so right now I'm in a "democracy sucks" kind of moon, deal with me please

Aye this was my first thought as well. I don't doubt the game is fun but it just really stands out as a "flavour of the day" kind of game that only got greenlit for that reason.

eyeless

There are two giveaways at raptr for Assassin's Creed 3 DLCs: The Battle Hardened Pack and The Hidden Secrets Pack. Both are Steam keys.
i've got 30 hours in that game but raptr steam tracking is all fucked up and it's only tracked 5 so i can't get those FUCK THAT RAPTR IS CORRUPT SMASH THE STATE

JoseJX

While it's certainly handy for browsing the specials section and the like (I no longer need to open and close dozens of tabs), it's not exactly perfect: I've encountered a few things that aren't shaded as owned despite the fact I do own the content and the Firefox version in particular can take a little while to kick in, plus filtering search results breaks it (though this can be remedied by simply refreshing the page).

Sure, it's not perfect, but it's certainly better than what Steam provides. I too have noticed games that aren't shaded, usually things that I bought in packs or bundles, but overall, it's a much nicer experience.

Salsa

What discount? It's not another latino bro 2K thing, innit?

no just the 10 percent one

the Brutal Legend port is a bit iffy yeah. Some sounds are heavily compressed and a couple didnt play at all

the framerate is also weird. It stays at 60 but the game still stutters, randomly dropping to 59 (wich apparently is enough for the game to stutter quite a bit). Animations also seem to randomly play at 30fps and then suddenly at 60fps

im sure they'll patch up some of that stuff eventually.

Can anyone recommend Fallen Enchantress? It got a good review in the last PC Gamer, but I don't entirely trust their reviews these days.

Blizzard

Banned
no just the 10 percent one

the Brutal Legend port is a bit iffy yeah. Some sounds are heavily compressed and a couple didnt play at all

the framerate is also weird. It stays at 60 but the game still stutters, randomly dropping to 59 (wich apparently is enough for the game to stutter quite a bit). Animations also seem to randomly play at 30fps and then suddenly at 60fps

im sure they'll patch up some of that stuff eventually.
I have no idea about whether sound quality was reduced from console to PC, but for the other stuff, I think it's because Double Fine has been converting the engine to 60FPS. To describe better than I can:

To further clarify: right now the game can render unlimited numbers of frames, and vsyncs to 60FPS but some of the animations and physics operations aren't running 60FPS fully yet. There's a bit of stuttering here and there but double fine has been absolutely fantastic about patching issues since beta started (Trust me, it looks and runs waaaaaaaaaaaay better than it did a week or so ago) and DF Nathan on the steam forums has already said there will be at least one patch today, possibly two depending on the bug workload they take on.

It's an excellent game as it is, and DF is doing everything they can to do right by PC users to make up for the 4 year wait.

So, it sounds like they are paying attention to it, which is cool.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
People complain about the Steam Support Ticket issues.

I still can't buy anything from Origin since my EA/Xbox Live account was hacked for Fifa points back in July 2012.

I opened another ticket on February 5th and... and they STILL haven't done shit about it!

And all I want to do is give them money for some Simcity, for gods sake.

Finally got down to playing and finishing Bioshock 2 in time for Bioshock Infinite. What a great game that was.

Anyway, having a problem deciding where to get Infinite from. I have both games from the Steam Deal, and I have most of them from the GMG deal (don't want The Darkness, own the rest). Didn't the GMG deal include a cash-back or something?

EDIT: Not getting the cash-back on GMG. Guess I'll go with Steam if at least reward 2 is unlocked (Those TF2 items better sell for a good price on the market)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Finally got down to playing and finishing Bioshock 2 in time for Bioshock Infinite. What a great game that was.

I highly recommend playing the Minerva's Den DLC even though it means you have to buy it through the xbox website. It's got a strong emotional driving force to the narrative similar to 2 (and unlike 1) that's really great and comes together really nicely.

I boggles my mind that people skip over Bioshock 2 or even hate on it at times.

Santiako

Will there be a Bioshock Infinte benchmark? I don't know if it will run well on my laptop. Are there any similar games (engine/etc) that I could use as a guide to see how will it run?

I highly recommend playing the Minerva's Den DLC even though it means you have to buy it through the xbox website. It's got a strong emotional driving force to the narrative similar to 2 (and unlike 1) that's really great and comes together really nicely.

I boggles my mind that people skip over Bioshock 2 or even hate on it at times.

Yeah I'm thinking about it. The game was freaking awesome for me! I seriously got goosebumps at the ending of 2. I will miss Rapture :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom