• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Will there be a Bioshock Infinte benchmark? I don't know if it will run well on my laptop. Are there any similar games (engine/etc) that I could use as a guide to see how will it run?

Its running on the UE3 engine which is generally very easy to run on just about any computer.

What the F is this thing doing in my games list ?
thefuck2jiiu.png

zkylon

zkylewd
I highly recommend playing the Minerva's Den DLC even though it means you have to buy it through the xbox website. It's got a strong emotional driving force to the narrative similar to 2 (and unlike 1) that's really great and comes together really nicely.

I boggles my mind that people skip over Bioshock 2 or even hate on it at times.
Does it work with Bio 2 on Steam even if you buy it on the Xbox marketplace?

I've never used the thing...

Nabs

Guys, The War Z is back!

capsule_467x181.jpg

The War Z is now available for purchase on Steam. Valve and Hammerpoint Interactive collaborated to address community feedback, update the Steam store page, and make the title available for purchase worldwide. In addition, a patch has been released to update existing customers. As such, the special refund offering extended for The War Z Steam customers who previously purchased the title has concluded.

Shootmania Storm is also in the database.

And I'm not surprise that War Z is back. It was always a temp pull, since they were still handing out keys from the official website.

Caerith

People complain about the Steam Support Ticket issues.

I still can't buy anything from Origin since my EA/Xbox Live account was hacked for Fifa points back in July 2012.

I opened another ticket on February 5th and... and they STILL haven't done shit about it!

And all I want to do is give them money for some Simcity, for gods sake.
Origin Support is a lot worse than Steam Support, in my experience. You need to keep following up, open additional tickets referring to your original ticket, etc, and then, one day, months later, they'll ask "Do you still need assistance?" and close your ticket five minutes later due to lack of response.

Joe Molotov

Guys, The War Z is back!

capsule_467x181.jpg

The War Z is now available for purchase on Steam. Valve and Hammerpoint Interactive collaborated to address community feedback, update the Steam store page, and make the title available for purchase worldwide. In addition, a patch has been released to update existing customers. As such, the special refund offering extended for The War Z Steam customers who previously purchased the title has concluded.

Jase are you okay? Post if you're okay!

ShaneB

Maybe I should play through Bioshock 2 as well. No idea when I'll eventually get around to infinite of course, but at least I can get some Bioshock hype going on. I certainly enjoyed Bioshock 1 when I played it last year.

DTKT

Watch War Z become the number 1 top seller because consumers are dumb and the names are too similar.

I still can't understand why Rocket didn't put a pre-order up for Standalone.

Shootmania Storm is also in the database.

And I'm not surprise that War Z is back. It was always a temp pull, since they were still handing out keys from the official website.

Looks like Ubisoft isnt willing to lose any more sales just to have exclusives for their own store.

I'm guessing that the sales numbers for Dead Space 3 on PC have been dismal. But EA seems to consider all of those lost sales as sunk costs into the future of Origin.

Tomodachi

I highly recommend playing the Minerva's Den DLC even though it means you have to buy it through the xbox website. It's got a strong emotional driving force to the narrative similar to 2 (and unlike 1) that's really great and comes together really nicely.

I boggles my mind that people skip over Bioshock 2 or even hate on it at times.

Are you serious? I'm not criticizing, it's a honest question. I had to leave Bioshock 2 like one-two hours in, not because I chose to but because I lost my save and then I probably just started something else and it got in the "when hell freezes over" part of the backlog.

derFeef

Brutal Legend patch:

This is the first patch to the released game. Another patch will be released soon, but we wanted to get these fixes out to everyone immediately:

Major Improvements:

* Fixed audio compression settings in cutscenes
* Fixed mouse cursor not hiding during the game
* Lamprey audio stream now plays
* Earth shaker button prompts work
* Added a safety feature so that you are unblocked even if the map doesn't display at the completion of the intro sequence

Hell yeah!

Relax.MX

12 hr on Risen and I just got my first decent armor, the game is not for all people but certainly deserved more love..

Is great the way the character start alone and weak(for real) you don't have points to follow, or a good map, the money is really necesary and you can't enter to house for steal like others RPGs, small things like this make the game great

Guys, The War Z is back!

capsule_467x181.jpg

OH GREAT
, now these guys can take sales away from Day Z's developers due to miscommunication again. Fucking scum.

"Don't buy this game it's bad" is literally in every community game hub ever - so I don't know.

Not every game has a 23/100 on Metacritic, though.

-----------

Has anyone played The Whispered World? I just installed it, but it looks that you can't change the game resolution and I'm stuck with some awful black borders.

Game is gorgeous, but OMG that main character voice. Worst voice in any videogame EVER.

Rafy

I was about to buy L.A. Noir and then I took a look at my backlog again deleted it from my cart. It be on sale on every major sale but my priorities are now to finish (or come close to it) games I got from indie bundles.

I wish Steam had user reviews :( (Or maybe they do and I am so new I can't find them).

Looking for a RPG, Action/RPG or Adventure game preferrably with a great Story, but can't spend more than 30$.

I already have Dreamfall and TLJ, but KB controls are annoying me (waiting for my controller to get here).

Any ideas?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, can someone confirm me if Runner 2 is up and running?

(see what I did there? My jokes are smart and subtle, I'm a genius)

I wish Steam had user reviews :( (Or maybe they do and I am so new I can't find them).

Looking for a RPG, Action/RPG or Adventure game preferrably with a great Story, but can't spend more than 30$.

I already have Dreamfall and TLJ, but KB controls are annoying me (waiting for my controller to get here).

Any ideas?

No, Steam does not have user reviews. You can sort of metacritic though but not every one has them.

The Witcher 2 might be a good choice though. I know other RPGs, but not sure if they have a good story.

And The Walking Dead for an adventure game.

Nillansan

Has anyone played The Whispered World? I just installed it, but it looks that you can't change the game resolution and I'm stuck with some awful black borders.

Game is gorgeous, but OMG that main character voice. Worst voice in any videogame EVER.

This is what I wrote a few pages ago:
I've finished a couple of chapters. While the game is absolutely gorgeous, I quickly became frustrated with it's nonsensical puzzles. I ended up taking an exhaustive approach in order to solve some of the puzzles, which in my humble opinion kills any enjoyment in an adventure game.

Any ideas?

Dark Souls. You can get it for $15.00 on Amazon. Steam redeemable.

Grief.exe

Any ideas?

Action/RPG:

Dark Souls
Witcher 2
Mount and Blade: Warband

Adventure Game:

Walking Dead
Gemini Rue
Too The Moon

Use code CAGROCKS to get it down 25%, around $11 then.

Looking at the Amazon page, Dark Souls is the number 2 best seller! I hope it keeps up the long tail sales, and From/Namco decide to have an excellent PC port for II.

That feel of good taste lol

wish it had cheevos, but I'm going to buy the shit out of it. Thanks!

dani_dc

So, can anyone explain me the difference between LA Noire and LA Noire complete?
There's a DLC bundle but the cost is N/A, does that mean the DLC is free and the complete pack is useless, or that the DLC can't be bought unless you get LA Noire Complete?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I think it has like 5 cases that you don't get with the normal version and two suits, one that enhances fisticuffs and one that enhances gunfights.

Caerith

Already played Witcher series, sorry forgot to mention that.

Will check out Dark Souls, not sure I can handle the game difficulty it is known for. Thanks!
This isn't one of those "it was easy and I rarely play video games" troll posts, but Dark Souls really isn't that hard. Just take this cautionary tale to heart:

Just make sure to get Durante's DSFix and the High-Res UI and Subtitle Fonts mod.
And the Quelaag texture fix mod.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I don't like traps, though. It's so annoying in stuff like Baldur's Gate and it sounds like DS is making the entire game about that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom