• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relax.MX

I sill have the coupon of Amazon available for my account if someone need it, send me a PM..(just send me money by amazon for your game and I use my coupon)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I asked precisely because of that quote, where Chris said they would make it 60 fps before launch (ie today).

No deal then.

I enjoy 60 frames per second. Hate me for it!

I don't have the beta, but this was also just posted in this thread:

Huh? Brutal Legend is 60fps if you vsync it, otherwise unlimited.

And a friend I had in the beta said it was running at 60 the other day.

Sober

Terrible was me being nice. Unplayable is closer to the truth. It's supposed to be a stealth game, but you have magic radar to know where all the enemies are, and they have magic vision to see you through solid walls unless you're clinging to cover. It doesn't even get the basics right.
To be fair the older games had a map (except possibly on the higher difficulties) that showed all the people's movements and everything, so it's almost par for the course, just repackaged a little differently if you ask me.

Also, why can I not download more than 1 item at a time on Steam anymore? It automatically suspends the other if I try.

Nillansan

morningbus

Salsa will be pleased -- Kingdom Rush got greenlit:

That's an awfully weird way of saying Morningbus and Stallion Free are on suicide watch. Is it spanish, or something?

Today's Daily is 75% off LA Noire ($12.49/$14.99 Complete Collection; presumably Aussie Taxed).

Midweek Madness #1 is 66% off Forge ($6.79/$20.39 4-pack).

For those of us with deer instead of kangaroos, the prices for LA Noire: Base Game ($4.99), Complete Edition ($7.49).

Blizzard

Banned
Salsa will be pleased -- Kingdom Rush got greenlit:
Does that mean there's a new list of greenlit thingies somewhere? I don't know when the next batch was supposed to come out.

*edit* Ooh, it's tower defense. Stallion's favorite genre aside from pinball, he's gotta pick this up!

Sober

LA Noire is one of the games I haven't bought yet because it pretty much reliably always goes on sale for 75% and I'm not even a bit interested in play it yet that by the time I do, it'll go on sale for 75% for the fiftieth time.

Terrible was me being nice. Unplayable is closer to the truth. It's supposed to be a stealth game, but you have magic radar to know where all the enemies are, and they have magic vision to see you through solid walls unless you're clinging to cover. It doesn't even get the basics right.

unplayable? come on man. It's bad (~30 second levels?), but definitely not 'unplayable'.

VV

To be fair the older games had a map (except possibly on the higher difficulties) that showed all the people's movements and everything, so it's almost par for the course, just repackaged a little differently if you ask me.

Also, why can I not download more than 1 item at a time on Steam anymore? It automatically suspends the other if I try.

Steamed. Yeah, that's how it's always been I believe. Probably to reduce server traffic?

Derrick01

Banned
Hitman Absolution is a terrible game. Why didn't anyone tell me? They didn't even fix the broken checkpoints! Wasn't worth the trouble of installing.

Am I on your ignore list or something? I spent the better part of a year completely trashing the game in most of the game's threads on here and warning people how it would turn out, and then warning them even more after I finally played it because I completely undersold just how bad it was.

Santiako

I'm really enjoying Max Payne 3, after all the shit it got I thought it would be bad or something. There are a bit too many cutscenes, but the gameplay is gold.

Rainy Dog

Is it really that bad? I'm just playing through Blood Money at the moment, my first Hitman, and loving it. Can't believe I've not bothered with the franchise in the past actually, as it's right up my street.

Was going to bump Absolution to the top of the backlog and play it next after enjoying Blood Money so much, but will I only be drastically disappointed coming straight off that, then? I recall the pre-release opinion didn't seem too enthusiastic, but I didn't follow impressions when it eventually came out.

Oh well, I did get it free with my GPU at least.

morningbus

Oh shit, Receiver got greenlit. My Overgrowth pre-order continues to pay dividends!

How much HP do you two lose every time a new tower defense game shows up?

Thankfully I'm one of those mid-bosses you're supposed to lose to. These indie developers keep pulling out these Tower Defense games like they're wasting phoenix downs. I almost feel bad for them.

I wonder how Salsa feels about people thinking he's a BR.
I wonder how Salsa feels about people thinking she's a guy...

Derrick01

Banned
Is it really that bad? I'm just playing through Blood Money at the moment, my first Hitman, and loving it. Can't believe I've not bothered with the franchise in the past actually, as it's right up my street.

Was going to bump Absolution to the top of the backlog and play it next after enjoying Blood Money so much, but will I only be drastically disappointed coming straight off that, then? I recall the pre-release opinion didn't seem too enthusiastic, but I didn't follow impressions when it eventually came out.

Oh well, I did get it free with my GPU at least.

You may as well play it since you got it free. But it's going to be terrible coming right after Blood Money. There's only 3 or 4 areas (not missions, parts of missions) that are traditional Hitman levels and the other ~35 areas are all extremely linear dive from cover to cover "stealth" gameplay.

Don't even bother with the disguise system either, it doesn't work at all. People who wear the same uniform as your disguise can immediately pick you out unless you use the horrible Instinct mode to walk right by them. When you wear a disguise you usually have to sneak around like normal, which defeats the purpose of wearing a disguise.

Blizzard

Banned
Steamed. Yeah, that's how it's always been I believe. Probably to reduce server traffic?
I really thought it used to be possible to download 2+ games at once, but maybe I'm just remember wrong.

The sprite work in Anodyne looks really nice. That game interests me, and -maybe- Evoland.

I almost want to get Distance for the Tron aesthetic alone. :O

Aaron

Am I on your ignore list or something? I spent the better part of a year completely trashing the game in most of the game's threads on here and warning people how it would turn out, and then warning them even more after I finally played it because I completely undersold just how bad it was.
No, but I haven't really agreed with you much in the past, but boy did you nail this one.

Probably even more so. I just played Blood Money a few months ago, and this game is almost nothing like it. It may be a decent game with a fresh mindset, but as a Hitman game it's just incompetent.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Also, Forge is also 66% off on GMG and their 20% off code applies for further discount than the steam discount (GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS)

Nice, thanks for the heads up. I was literally a click away from purchasing it on Steam.

Edit: My useless bank isn't sending through to me the SMS confirmation code.

Edit edit: PayPal worked.

ArjanN

I'd like to know what's going on with LoS PC. I haven't heard/read anything since Cox teased the possibility ~six months ago. It'd be great if it's to be a pre-purchase incentive for LoS2 PC.

To be honest they haven't talked about any version of LoS2 lately, but I think that's just because all their focus is on the handheld Castlevania for now.

ngt

There are two giveaways at raptr for Assassin's Creed 3 DLCs: The Battle Hardened Pack and The Hidden Secrets Pack. Both are Steam keys.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I don't have the beta, but this was also just posted in this thread:

And a friend I had in the beta said it was running at 60 the other day.

To further clarify: right now the game can render unlimited numbers of frames, and vsyncs to 60FPS but some of the animations and physics operations aren't running 60FPS fully yet. There's a bit of stuttering here and there but double fine has been absolutely fantastic about patching issues since beta started (Trust me, it looks and runs waaaaaaaaaaaay better than it did a week or so ago) and DF Nathan on the steam forums has already said there will be at least one patch today, possibly two depending on the bug workload they take on.

It's an excellent game as it is, and DF is doing everything they can to do right by PC users to make up for the 4 year wait.

Rainy Dog

You may as well play it since you got it free. But it's going to be terrible coming right after Blood Money. There's only 3 or 4 areas (not missions, parts of missions) that are traditional Hitman levels and the other ~35 areas are all extremely linear dive from cover to cover "stealth" gameplay.

Don't even bother with the disguise system either, it doesn't work at all. People who wear the same uniform as your disguise can immediately pick you out unless you use the horrible Instinct mode to walk right by them. When you wear a disguise you usually have to sneak around like normal, which defeats the purpose of wearing a disguise.
Probably even more so. I just played Blood Money a few months ago, and this game is almost nothing like it. It may be a decent game with a fresh mindset, but as a Hitman game it's just incompetent.

Shame. Love the formula they had going in Blood Money. Perhaps would've been better playing Absolution first but the damage is done now I suppose. Sounds like I should at least leave it a few months until Blood Money's less fresh anyway...

drizzle

Axel Hertz
even with a bank account transfer?

I don't know what are the paypal tax on bank account transfers. However, you still can't gift to people in south america.

I'd be more than willing to help (I'm in south america), but I can't tell you how much money I'll receive if you gift me 45 bucks.

I know that, when dealing with Credit Card Payments, 10% usually just covers it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom