• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

played a bit of The Showdown Effect beta

seems pretty fun

looks like it fucks up your mouse after exiting though. One of those games

Tizoc

Sooooooo GAF, Space Empire, anyone played 4 and/or 5? How are they? ...and are both worth getting or should I get only one of them instead?

Nabs

Get a better mouse, bro.

I really like The Showdown Effect, but I'm not sure about grabbing it on day 1. I'll wait for the first sale to see if the community sticks around, and if I can convince some friends to join me.

Salsa

btw, how glitchy is XCOM now? have they patched it pretty good?

I did an Iron Man run on whatever the medium difficulty was but im not gonna do one on Hard until they patch that shit out for good

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
When Ghost Recon Future Soldier let you escape/forget it's massive technical issues it was pretty damn good co-op material.

I'm looking forward to picking up the campaign DLC somewhere down the line for 5$ for another spot of co-op since the description makes the levels sound like the best ones from the main game.

Salsa

mission accomplished

idbHGJZaSQT0s.PNG

bye items

eyeless

man braid was so good

i'm just like sitting here thinking about the puzzles and stuff and i was digging it while playing it but just looking back on it as a whole it's just like shit man all dem puzzles one after another and they're so good

not like i'm some big puzzle game connoisseur but uh i think that's the best one i've ever played. in terms of just the raw puzzles like the quality is unparalleled

braid-STRAIGHT PUZZLES

not evening mentioning the excellent narrative element. BRAID ask for it by name

edit: like maybe this game just sold me on "puzzle games" as a genre. cause before this i've enjoyed a number of puzzle games but i don't think i'd count any among my favorites because of their puzzles (portal/2 are pushed to greatness by their narrative elements [A.K.A THE YUKS]) until now, i think

cripterion

Was about to buy that unreal tournament deal when it just changed back to 39euros... sucky!

Guess it will have to wait. Also, I think they should include Gears of Wars in the deal.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Fun fact: Jazz Jackrabbit was my very first PC game. Prior to it I spent most of my PC gaming time playing the trivia game embedded within Encarta '95.

Nillansan

Yeah, I remembered that after posting. ;) Maybe I'm just cynical, but whenever a publisher is "considering" something, I have a hard time believing any actual plans are in motion. On the other hand, you could question why Konami wouldn't simply admit the PC version had been cancelled if there are no intentions of resurrecting it.

Sorry, I thought this discussion might suit this thread better ;) I didn't want us to be accused of derailing the BL thread.

The fact that Konami is bringing Castlevania: LoS2 to the PC, while also hinting at a PC port of LoS1 makes me hopeful about a Metal Gear Rising PC Port. We shall see.

Jintor's post in the BL thread really made me believe that there was movement in the Steam Registry, which was pointing to a port :(

Nillansan

It says 6 hours on Steam though. I haven't downloaded it yet, but I guess it works? You could already play multiplayer right, but I'm only interested in single player.

Going by the BL Thread, it does sound like the single player component has been unlocked for everyone who has pre-purchased the game.

JaseC

The fact that Konami is bringing Castlevania: LoS2 to the PC, while also hinting at a PC port of LoS1 makes me hopeful about a Metal Gear Rising PC Port. We shall see.

I'd like to know what's going on with LoS PC. I haven't heard/read anything since Cox teased the possibility ~six months ago. It'd be great if it's to be a pre-purchase incentive for LoS2 PC.

Jintor's post in the BL thread really made me believe that there was movement in the Steam Registry, which was pointing to a port :(

Nothing on that front just yet, I'm afraid.

It says 6 hours on Steam though. I haven't downloaded it yet, but I guess it works? You could already play multiplayer right, but I'm only interested in single player.

I pre-ordered the game a couple days ago which allowed me to download around 8GB of what I assumed was the full game at the time even though you could only access the multiplayer beta. A 622mb file started downloading around 4am EST for me this morning, and it unlocked all of the other stuff. I just played through the first mission so the full game is definitely up.

Eiolon

Anyone know how to delete games from your profile that Steam gives you some free time to play? I never installed them so they are not in my library, but they are listed in my profile as owning them. The time expired on them last weekend.

There's a "Coming Soon" tab on Steam's front page. ;)

Haha, thanks!

This certainly proves I barely ever check the front page anymore and my memory is failing more than usual. I always start at the library to check the monstrous backlog I have in there...

But not everything shows in the Coming Soon section, right? Some stuff is kind of unceremoniously dropped out of the blue and without much warning.

JaseC

But not everything shows in the Coming Soon section, right? Some stuff is kind of unceremoniously dropped out of the blue and without much warning.

Yeah, Crysis 2 reappeared on Steam out of blue. But if something has an expected release date, it'll be in the list.

Aaron

Hitman Absolution is a terrible game. Why didn't anyone tell me? They didn't even fix the broken checkpoints! Wasn't worth the trouble of installing.

Hitman Absolution is a terrible game. Why didn't anyone tell me? They didn't even fix the broken checkpoints! Wasn't worth the trouble of installing.

Guess you missed Derrick's review. It's graced this thread many times. :D I wouldn't go as far as 'terrible', but it definitely has plenty of jank.

Aaron

Guess you missed Derrick's review. It's graced this thread many times. :D I wouldn't go as far as 'terrible', but it definitely has plenty of jank.
Terrible was me being nice. Unplayable is closer to the truth. It's supposed to be a stealth game, but you have magic radar to know where all the enemies are, and they have magic vision to see you through solid walls unless you're clinging to cover. It doesn't even get the basics right.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

The checkpoint implementation is weird, but most levels don't really even need a checkpoint, even on Hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom