• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
About the 30 FPS. I think I've heard of an unlock fix. Don't know if it works, though.

It works, but it's kinda ghetto and super demanding. Even at the lowest settings and 720p I would get drops below 60 fps and weird performance spasms. I just stuck with the default 30 fps cap and bumped up the resolution to 1440p and played with a pad (which I would recommend anyways) so that the 30 fps wouldn't make me go crazy.

Relax.MX

Dont buy L.A. Noire is soulless and really boring game..I try to beat it, I really try but I'm just not that strong like Stallion Free

ShaneB

I know I'd love L.A. Noire if it was pretty much an adventure game, but all the action bits just don't seem all that appealing to me :(

Still haven't played it even though I got for free when someone gave it to me when they had it as the Max Payne 3 bonus. :(

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I know I'd love L.A. Noire if it was pretty much an adventure game, but all the action bits just don't seem all that appealing to me :(

There is very little actual action if you skip the side missions (essentially emergency response calls about robberies, etc.)

I thought L.A. Noire was a pretty solid game. I do agree it does start to get repetitive through the middle sections, but really enjoyed the story towards the end. I liked the missions that seemed to arc together into a larger story instead of just random ass case after case.

Plus some of the facial animations are freaky as hell.

HoosTrax

There is very little actual action if you skip the side missions (essentially emergency response calls about robberies, etc.)
Huh? I recall almost every single case degenerating into a GTA-esque segment at the end, no matter how implausible.

Every case seems to randomly end in a shootout, foot chase, or car chase tacked on to appease the GTA crowd

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Huh? I recall almost every single case degenerating into a GTA-esque segment at the end, no matter how implausible.

Every case seems to randomly end in a shootout, foot chase, or car chase tacked on to appease the GTA crowd
Which last all of 1 minute usually? 1-2 minutes out of a 45 minute case is pretty minimal.

Mogwai

It works, but it's kinda ghetto and super demanding. Even at the lowest settings and 720p I would get drops below 60 fps and weird performance spasms. I just stuck with the default 30 fps cap and bumped up the resolution to 1440p and played with a pad (which I would recommend anyways) so that the 30 fps wouldn't make me go crazy.

Bummer. But at least as long the 30FPS is stable I'll be happy. The Xbox 360 version really dropped looooooow sometimes. I was actually quite impressed of how bad it ran during some of the demanding environments.

But the game is bought, installed and ready now. Time to suit up...

Varg

Banned
Noire isn't too bad. I quite enjoyed it when I beat it on the Xbox when it released . The cases are engaging and the graphics are good. Not sure on the pc port but overall if your into the detective stuff like I am you'll enjoy it.

Rufus

I've just realised your avatar is an upside-down horse. I thought it was some sort of weird giant-faced dog.
Ferrari-Logo.svg

1-D_FTW

It's a real shame they still have to use Mania Planet's client. I'd have to imagine things would have been much more popular had it used Steam Workshop to share all the tracks.

Grief.exe

Sleepy Dawgs+some dlc for $26 over at GMG-
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/om/en/pc/games/action/sleeping-dogs-le-ultimate-bundle/
With the code, it'll be $20-21, good deal IMO~

I picked it up during the Winter sale with the price mistake over at Steam.

Got it for $4, the DLC was ridiculously cheap too but I don't usually buy DLC so passed.

The price of the lowest listed one on the market -$0.01.

Thanks for the info guys. In my ignorance, I put it up on the market for $10 lol, so hopefully I get lucky.

Grief.exe

The price of the lowest listed one on the market -$0.01.

Seems like i have a couple items worth a good amount.

Pip Boy
2x Anger
vintage Tough Guy's
Vintage Engineer's Cap
Vintage Trophy Belt

Could get $15-$20 out of all that. More than enough for a few free Steam games.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
ArxZ59F.jpg

Sleeping Dogs Batmobile DLC is set to be released today but still no sign of a date for Year of the Snake. :(

justjim89

Is Brutal Legend worth checking out if I absolutely despise metal rock? The gameplay sounds interesting but I know it's essentially a game based around metal, which I find awful.

Tizoc

It's better to just wait for the base game to drop again and pick up the dlc you actually need.

Well for the time being, and it not being the Summer or Winter period, it doesn't seem that bad a discount. it does have the only 2 DLCs needed IIRC too.

...and wasn't Dear Esther on sale already or am I thinking of GMG's sale of it?

Blizzard

Banned
Is Brutal Legend worth checking out if I absolutely despise metal rock? The gameplay sounds interesting but I know it's essentially a game based around metal, which I find awful.
I don't consider myself someone who likes "metal" or "heavy metal", though it remains to be seen whether the Brutal Legend soundtrack annoys me. However, I think the game and atmosphere (what I have seen from screenshots, the multiplayer beta, etc.) is quite creative, so I wanted to give it a shot anyway.

However, I would guess that if you actively DISLIKE metal then you might be annoyed at music and references to it all game long. :p

I've just spent the whole night downloading Brutal Legend. I put the PC on power save (turned off after 2 hours) when I left the house to go to work and it was on 95%. I've just got in now and it's back to 0%. I've looked in SteamApps for the actual game, .exe, etc. and there's just an installscript file in there, yet when I go on Steam it says that there's 8247mb on the drive and the game verifies. The Brutal Legend icon isn't greyed out or anything, and when I click on it, I'm told that Steam is 'updating Brutal Legend'.

I have recently moved my Steam library from an SSD to a HDD, but I seemed to have this problem even before that. Any help guys?

Seriously does nobody know what this ubisoft Test App thing is ? It's been bugging me since yesterday, I checked all of my ubisoft games and they're all showing up. I can't install or run it to find out what is either :(. Says it's coming soon though ? I contacted steam support but they take forever as we all know. It has no community page, that just links to www.steamcommunity.com/app/227140
thefuck2jiiu.png

dreamfall

Seriously does nobody know what this ubisoft Test App thing is ? It's been bugging me since yesterday, I checked all of my ubisoft games and they're all showing up. I can't install or run it to find out what is either :(. Says it's coming soon though ? I contacted steam support but they take forever as we all know. It has no community page, that just links to www.steamcommunity.com/app/227140
thefuck2jiiu.png

I was wondering about this too- saw in my game grid, and I thought Steam was on the fritz! Reminds me of the activation for DmC from a GMG code. "TestApp" until launch, but I don't remember buying anything Ubi recently.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
With the High-Rez screenshot thread breaking off into two camps, I think we should have a serious discussion on having a general-purpose, platform-agnostic PC thread and a Steam-specific thread.

HoosTrax

With the High-Rez screenshot thread breaking off into two camps, I think we should have a serious discussion on having a general-purpose, platform-agnostic PC thread and a Steam-specific thread.
Well there are already Origin and GOG threads. People just feel the need to dump them into the Steam thread anyway.

Grief.exe

Why not just turn this into a PC game specific thread with Steam announcements within it?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Well there are already Origin and GOG threads. People just feel the need to dump them into the Steam thread anyway.

I think that has more to do with Steam being the dominant player, though. I think we're missing out on some discussion because, though they may be in the minority, people don't enter the "Steam thread."

Why not just turn this into a PC game specific thread with Steam announcements within it?

That's getting into monolithic mega-thread territory, though. There is still enough going on Steam-wise to sustain its own thread, even if the rules and standards of the thread were much more explicit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom