• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadbeat

Banned
I do recommend buffing the FOV some.
To add to this:

C:\Users\<windows name>\AppData\Roaming\Bioshock2

edit the user.ini under [Default]

NumPad0=InjectBioAmmo
NumPad1=SetFOV 90

You can bind to other keys but I just used those two. Bioammo is your plasmid replenishment. This is what I did to play Minervas Den.

edit: if you are playing widescreen you might want to try a lower number (im on 4:3 so it scales differently).

eyeless

man after having to run the game and type in the dlc codes manually it says
6.jpg
what is this shit how do i "run DLC installation" there is no installation options in uplay the dlc webpage for ac3 makes no mention of it and i still can't figure out how to download the dlc even after googling

FUCK YOU YVES GUILLEMOT. UPLAY IS THE TYLER PERRY OF DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION PLATFORMS

also when forced to browse their wretched site i noticed trials evo will be 20 dollars on pc in contrast to being 15 on xbla. kool beanz.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
what is this shit how do i "run DLC installation" there is no installation options in uplay the dlc webpage for ac3 makes no mention of it and i still can't figure out how to download the dlc even after googling

FUCK YOU YVES GUILLEMOT. UPLAY IS THE TYLER PERRY OF DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION PLATFORMS

also when forced to browse their wretched site i noticed trials evo will be 20 dollars on pc in contrast to being 15 on xbla. kool beanz.

Steam version, I assume? Verifying the cache will force an update.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have the Season Pass, but the game has always updated through Steam when a piece of DLC released so I assume cache verification will work in your case.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist

Reminds me of Borderlands. That one just stayed on the loading screen forever until I finally alt-tabbed out, which revealed a popup to enter the DLC code, of course then that popup held all window and cursor attention so it was impossible for me to go get it and copy it or do anything else. So after going through that I had to push ctrl+shift+esc to open task manager and force the game shut, look up the individual DLC code, write it on a piece of paper, start up the game again, attempt to load the DLC area, alt-tab out to reveal the popup, then enter the DLC code manually. Yeah, that's when I decided Gearbox can go fuck themselves forever.

Grief.exe

Looks like the top sellers list is now fixed.

Tomb Raider, Enchantress, and Bioshock Infinite are in the top 3, with Brutal Legend in the 8th spot.

Mogwai

I see that L.A. Noire is on sale on Steam right now. But but but. I can see that it requires 3rd party DRM called GameShield? Is that something that I need to install too and log into along with Steam each time I want to play the game?

Sober

All this Minerva's Den talk makes me want to buy it. It's probably more engaging than Dead Space 3 too.

Fell asleep at one point playing DS3, then because of some crazy snow storm I lose power a few times while trying to play it. Why the hell the checkpoints are literally so few and far inbetween (doesn't autosave at benches? really? I literally had to replay an entire sidequest from beginning to end twice because I quit it early). I am not looking forward to having to mess around for the last 20 minutes for the third time.

kami_sama

Some offtopic:
I just used my never settle reloaded code, but I'm between using my code for Crysis 3 or selling it for a preorder copy of Tomb Rider. What should I do?

Some offtopic:
I just used my never settle reloaded code, but I'm between using my code for Crysis 3 or selling it for a preorder copy of Tomb Rider. What should I do?

Keep Crysis, it was a great SP game in my opinion and people seem to like the MP. Also it lasted longer than 5 hours. My play through was around 8-10

I see that L.A. Noire is on sale on Steam right now. But but but. I can see that it requires 3rd party DRM called GameShield? Is that something that I need to install too and log into along with Steam each time I want to play the game?

I bought L.A. Noire outside of Steam, you need to install Rockstar's Social Club as well. Kind of messy, yes. That GameShield is just for the product key IIRC. It's definitely not much worse than the triple-DRM combo of the Batman games (Steam+GFWL+SecuROM).

I recall the game had some terrible, headache inducing, patching system but the Steam version is probably free from that.

Fireblend

Banned
Awesome. Thanks for the heads up.

I'll definitely get the Steam version now.

It's still pretty shitty though, and you still have to go through the Rockstar Social Club to start the game (you can skip it, although I think not on your first run). Also for its length which is pretty substantial, I really, really didn't enjoy the game. Too repetitive, and it's basically a soulless point and click with pretty facial expressions.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It's still pretty shitty though, and you still have to go through the Rockstar Social Club to start the game (you can skip it, although I think not on your first run). Also for its length which is pretty substantial, I really, really didn't enjoy the game. Too repetitive, and it's basically a soulless point and click with pretty facial expressions.

I had 37 hours played and while I would probably recommend the game to pretty much no one, I enjoyed all but the last 2 hours in which I was trying to find some cars so I could have this:

lanoire100gauie.png

I just loved the 1940s/50s atmosphere. The music, the city, and the tone all struck a chord with me.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
TrackMania2 Canyon and Stadium are unlocked on my Steam. ~1GB and ~0.5GB respectively.

I didn't even know Stadium is already out. Downloading!

I had 37 hours played and while I would probably recommend the game to pretty much no one, I enjoyed all but the last 2 hours in which I was trying to find some cars so I could have this:

lanoire100gauie.png

I just loved the 1940s/50s atmosphere. The music, the city, and the tone all struck a chord with me.

Classy suits and hats, I get that one, heh. At times I wish we could at least go back to that style, heh.

edit: Btw, any other games that are like that? Classy?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
War Z went from being the top selling game on Steam to a meager 22nd best seller.

I guess people figured out it wasn't the Day Z standalone.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Hmm Mafia II maybe.

Yep, I'd say Mafia II is definitely a game that evokes similar feelings in terms of mood and era. Driving around the town in the snow at night listening to Christmas songs from the 40s felt incredible.

Doesn't L.A. Noire run like shit? Main reason I haven't bought it.

It's capped at 30 fps. The game itself ran fine on my mid-tier rig. I believe it ran for my friend who has a 5850 as well.

Phinor

If you had purchased Canyon, can you get a Steam key for it?

I just tried my old multiplayer key and it registered on Steam. Fantastic!

Alextended said:
TrackMania2 Canyon and Stadium are unlocked on my Steam. ~1GB and ~0.5GB respectively.

I didn't even know Stadium is already out. Downloading!

Seems like Stadium (beta) is indeed now available and is some weird hybrid of free-to-play and buying the full package for 10&#8364;: http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16900. Also you can download free open beta as mentioned in that post.

Mogwai

I've already completed it on Xbox 360, but sold it long ago. Didn't have the DLC anyway, so at least there's a bit of new thingy when getting the complete package on Steam. My main concern with the Xbox version was that you had to shift discs when doing free roam as the side missions were tied to each disc. Really moronic.

About the 30 FPS. I think I've heard of an unlock fix. Don't know if it works, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom