• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Wario stop hogging all the shit you dont even want to play dammit

VCrBC9i.jpg

r7VTvkq.jpg

70 achievements, I think. Er, it says 12 in steam. I unlocked an achievement and I thought it said 1/70

Edit: got another achievement and it said 10/70, so there must be 70. But steam overlay says 12? huh

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
And people wonder why I say Wario64 is really a collective of Chinese hackers employed by the government to destabilize the American economy.

TigerKnee

So I'm looking at buying Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition but I sure as hell am not going to pay $39 for it. How will I know when it will be on sale other than looking every day at the price?

Volcynika

So I'm looking at buying Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition but I sure as hell am not going to pay $39 for it. How will I know when it will be on sale other than looking every day at the price?

Add it to your wishlist, and make sure you have it enabled that Steam will notify you when it goes on sale!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
With the High-Rez screenshot thread breaking off into two camps, I think we should have a serious discussion on having a general-purpose, platform-agnostic PC thread and a Steam-specific thread.
Nah man, don't split the fanbase.

I'd take one of your famous kicks to the groin if it meant keeping this thread as is.

HoosTrax

i can't wait for all the little nooblets saying this when they play this release
They'd never make it as far as that easter egg without regenerating health.

Edit: Was this also the game with the easter egg of John Romero's decapitated head? Maybe I'm thinking of Doom.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I have Duke 3D and also the mods to make it really 3D (gross) Though, it sucks. It was one of my first FPS but I don't know why people consider it a classic. The weird weapons and style would be cool if the level designs didn't blow ass. Of course something about the mood is stale/creepy, even compared to other technologically challenged games from its time or before. I would much rather play Blood or Shadow Warrior, though Dark Forces is better than both of those.

HoosTrax

I have Duke 3D and also the mods to make it really 3D. Though, it sucks. It was one of my first FPS but I don't know why people consider it a classic. The weird weapons and style would be cool if the level designs didn't blow ass. Of course something about the mood is stale/creepy, even compared to other technologically challenged games from its time or before. I would much rather play Blood or Shadow Warrior.
Power of nostalgia and rose-tinted glasses. I have pretty fond memories of Betrayal at Krondor myself, but oh god it looks like ass now and the hilariously jank cutscenes with live action actors and awful wigs.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Not sure if this is news too but Duke Nukem 3D+ has 5 options when you start it in Steam:
Duke Nukem 3D+
Duke Nukem 3D (Classic)
Duke It Out in D.C.
Duke: Nuclear Winter
Duke Carribean: Life's a Beach

Pretty sure Big_Al meant ROTT (2013). Which I fucking want now. I think they've been hinting that the original ROTT is included too

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I. Got. To. Have. This.

Oh, and count me as another victim of Brütal Legend's download resetting to 0% after shutting Steam (and the PC) off last night. 3 GB wasted, though at least I don't have a data cap.

EDIT: no multiplayer for DN3D+? What the fuck?

HoosTrax

Oh, and count me as another victim of Brütal Legend's download resetting to 0% after shutting Steam (and the PC) off last night. 3 GB wasted, though at least I don't have a data cap.
I had the same issue yesterday downloading it. I thought it might have been an issue with me starting the download while it was still considered beta, and the game going gold later in the day. But I'm not so sure now. Only mildly annoying -- I wasn't planning on playing it for a few more days, until they've patched things up nicely.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I meant ROTT 2013 which I am really excited for. It's genuinely my most wanted game this year. The Interceptor Entertainment folks seem genuinely excited and passionate about what they are making, they are staying true to the original but reworking the level design (no, not simplifying :p ) and hell you can play the full game with the original music and sounds. As Wario says there are also strong hints that they are including the original game in their too. It's coming with mod support and it's $15 at release.

Fucking hell, I'm jonesing here. I NEED it. *goes and sobs in the corner*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7nZwlrUagg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jkDR9ca9f0

Another cool remix:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEwK3gq9_Ss

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I have Duke 3D and also the mods to make it really 3D (gross) Though, it sucks. It was one of my first FPS but I don't know why people consider it a classic. The weird weapons and style would be cool if the level designs didn't blow ass. Of course something about the mood is stale/creepy, even compared to other technologically challenged games from its time or before. I would much rather play Blood or Shadow Warrior, though Dark Forces is better than both of those.
You know, I used to like your posts generally. But that's a line too far.

You may insult my family, you may punch me in the stomach, but mess with the Duke and you've gained yourself an enemy.

They'd never make it as far as that easter egg without regenerating health.

Edit: Was this also the game with the easter egg of John Romero's decapitated head? Maybe I'm thinking of Doom.
You're totally thinking of Doom II: Hell on Earth. His head is hidden in the final level (not counting the secret ones), behind the Icon of Sin. I used to think no-clipping and hitting it was the only way of beating that level, until I read the proper way to kill that "boss" (protip: fire rockets at it until it dies)

Duke Nukem 3D+

Ok, Halo 3 and KoF XIII, come on, come on!

edit: seriously, guys, post more frequently for the STEAMZ, I can't believe I got another freaking first post in a new page! :p

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I had the same issue yesterday downloading it. I thought it might have been an issue with me starting the download while it was still considered beta, and the game going gold later in the day. But I'm not so sure now. Only mildly annoying -- I wasn't planning on playing it for a few more days, until they've patched things up nicely.
I don't think so, as I started the download well after the full game was released. Me neither, I wanted to play it over the coming weekends with some friends (it doesn't have local multiplayer, does it?), but it sucks anyway.

Sorry if I seem to double post a lot, editing my previous posts from my phone is a bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom