• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
That's it. I had to reboot my PC due to Windows Media Player not working properly, and I lost Brütal Legend's partial download for the second time. I'm leaving the PC on overnight, fuck that.

Well, "that's one haloed space marine!"
I laughed, good one!

Waiting for the inevitable "I ain't afraid of no CoD".

Isn't it the main character of Doom? He's on the cover.
thatsthejoke.jpg

celebi23

Not sure if this is news too but Duke Nukem 3D+ has 5 options when you start it in Steam:
Duke Nukem 3D+
Duke Nukem 3D (Classic)
Duke It Out in D.C.
Duke: Nuclear Winter
Duke Carribean: Life's a Beach

Pretty sure Big_Al meant ROTT (2013). Which I fucking want now. I think they've been hinting that the original ROTT is included too

Awesome :D I've been looking for a way to legitimately purchase those add-ons :D

ArjanN

70 achievements, I think. Er, it says 12 in steam. I unlocked an achievement and I thought it said 1/70

Edit: got another achievement and it said 10/70, so there must be 70. But steam overlay says 12? huh

That's probably just one achievement with a counter, i.e. kill 70 pigcops or something.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
That's probably just one achievement with a counter, i.e. kill 70 pigcops or something.

2 of the achievements I earned don't popup in my Steam client. I can't view the full achievement list though since the game isn't officially out, it just boots me to the front page

Duke Nukem 3D+

Ok, Halo 3 and KoF XIII, come on, come on!

edit: seriously, guys, post more frequently for the STEAMZ, I can't believe I got another freaking first post in a new page! :p

Not a new page.

But like devs actually put work into this rerelease and you can compensate them for it.

I could I suppose. At a sale at some point.

So Trackmania 2 is... just more Trackmania? I'm not complaining it's just as fun, but I guess I expected something, anything, to be a little different.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Football Manager 2014 was added to the registry.

I'll have to remember to buy FM2013 before Sega pulls it down.

So I just noticed that the non-Steam games that I added to my Steam library have disappeared.

WTF?

For future reference, shortcuts are stored in userdata\[user id]\config\shortcuts.vdf, so be sure to back it up every time you add a new non-Steam game.

Only silly people.

:(

I just recently beat through my backlog of SS2, Thief, Far Cry 3, and finally Rayman Origins(which was brilliant). What the hell should I play now?

Looks like Tomb Raider is going to turn out well. Don't own Dishonored/DmC but want to play them both.

Any ideas, because unlike most of yall here, I have wayy too much time to actually play my games. I've got hours into practically each one of my 400 games lol.

E: They really should cloud sync that little file jase damn, I think I said this 3 years ago.

I have the following problem, every time I go to the Steam Page I need to login no matter if I click on the checkbox "Remember me on this computer" does anyone is having this issue?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I have the following problem, every time I go to the Steam Page I need to login no matter if I click on the checkbox "Remember me on this computer" does anyone is having this issue?

Stop running CCleaner insert crap computer cleaning software here and deleting all your cookies like an idiot silly person.

Blizzard

Banned
I started Brutal Legend, and have been pretty much thoroughly enjoying myself. Brief thoughts from up to Bladehenge:

1. As far as I'm aware, there have already been at least two patches, with work continuing to fix bugs and improve performance further. It's really nice to see them putting effort into the PC release. :)

2. Even on my crappy e8400 and 5850 system, it looks good and performs well, or at least it performed quite well up until the open areas of Bladehenge, which got down around 30 fps for me. I have draw distance in the mid range, and 2xSSAA turned on. I feel like their supersampling implementation works quite well. It's pretty clean even at 2x.

3. I pretty much never listen to metal, but I'm digging the soundtrack so far. There is even some quieter stuff that plays while you are just walking around the world with background noises. It's nice.

4. The world design/art direction is pretty awesome.

5. I don't care much for Jack Black, but he really does fit this role pretty much perfectly. So far the main character isn't over the top silly/stupid, but also isn't super serious. It's a good mix and looks to be pretty entertaining.

MNC

Darkness II and Spec Ops aren't bad games, but they're both very short (5 hours max each).
Bioshock 2 makes sense if you've never played it (but I assume you have, otherwise you wouldn't be ordering Infinite).
Civ V is good for hundreds of hours of gameplay, but don't you want the Gold edition instead? You'll be tempted to spend a lot on getting the DLC.
Mafia II is pretty meaty.

I already own BS2 and Civ5. Do I get the game in my inventory or does it get added to my library? I... I'm not really looking to play any of the other games, maybe even sell them for a few bucks. But Bioshock Infinite is cheapest on GMG at the moment.

Rafy

I already own BS2 and Civ5. Do I get the game in my inventory or does it get added to my library? I... I'm not really looking to play any of the other games, maybe even sell them for a few bucks. But Bioshock Infinite is cheapest on GMG at the moment.

They get added to your library no matter if you own them or not.
Set up a trade at the steam trading thread or just put them up for sale on the sell thread.

Rafy

How can I do that if they get added to my library :p

Don't use the codes for civ and bioshock, I've seen people doing giveaways with them.
As far as I know the codes for civ v and bioshock are separate , just don't use them.

Deques

They get added to your library no matter if you own them or not.
Set up a trade at the steam trading thread or just put them up for sale on the sell thread.

The steam codes wont be used if you try to add already owned game, they also wont appear in your inventory

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Not buying it now but I really want to replay Brutal Legend in the future on the PC, so it's good to know they're doing so much work on the port.

Only silly people.
I thought about changing to 100 posts once but:

Currently Active Users: 4645 (1508 members and 3137 guests)

Real GAF is 50pp.

Not sure if this is news too but Duke Nukem 3D+ has 5 options when you start it in Steam:
Duke Nukem 3D+
Duke Nukem 3D (Classic)
Duke It Out in D.C.
Duke: Nuclear Winter
Duke Carribean: Life's a Beach

Holy shit this is incredible.

Does it have the rewind feature from the 360 port? Absolutely not a dealbreaker, I'm just interested.

If it was packed in with DN 1 + 2 this would rival the Doom 3 BFG Edition for awesomeness.

Daellon

Neo Member
Only if you buy the GAF Season Pass.

And grab the preorder from Gamestop.

lol!

But seriously, I'm ashamed I didn't notice this sooner and many thanks for pointing it out to the newbs.

Also, I'm really exited about the thought of Amazon getting steam keys for KoA. I picked it up on ps3 when it came out last year and logged over 200 hours (yeah...) hours into the game before I had done everything I possibly could in it. I want to double dip and play it on my PC, but it's too expensive for that through Steam atm. And Origin... I'd just rather not.

I will say that the game was really fun, but don't expect it to blow your mind with it's plot or out-of-the-box gameplay. It felt like a strange cross between God of War, Diablo and World of Warcraft to me. All games I love. So check it out.

ShaneB

Random non-steam question :p , How active is the Gears of War pc community? Just had a random desire to double dip and finally get the game on pc with my dust collecting ms points. Would be fun to play multiplayer again at least.

catabarez

Random non-steam question :p , How active is the Gears of War pc community? Just had a random desire to double dip and finally get the game on pc with my dust collecting ms points. Would be fun to play multiplayer again at least.

Its not huge but there are still some players. I'm willing to go through coop with you if you want.

Nabs

Mark of the Ninja is the Weekend Deal @ 66% off ($4.99).

War of the Roses Free Weekend and 75% off ($4.99).

Ghost Recon + Season Pass is the daily @ 66% off ($20).

JaseC

Mark of the Ninja is the Weekend Deal @ 66% off ($4.99).

War of the Roses Free Weekend and 75% off ($4.99).

Ghost Recon + Season Pass is the daily @ 66% off ($20).

Nice to see that the GR:FS guide is also on sale.

Edit: GR:FS Complete does come with the Season Pass, as stated in the Daily Deal image, despite it not being listed among the bundle contents.

Edit edit: Also, the version of GR:FS included in the Complete Pack is the DDE.

Sarcasm

THose games will die eventually, as in players. Doesn't mean its a bad game(s). Unless they do content packs or DLC..

I am saying get MoTN

ShaneB

Its not huge but there are still some players. I'm willing to go through coop with you if you want.

Yeah, I'll probably pick it up, just to spend the ms points on something. Not really interested in running through co-op so much, just would be fun to dive into the multiplayer vs game again and play it on pc instead.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

Does it have the rewind feature from the 360 port? Absolutely not a dealbreaker, I'm just interested.

If it was packed in with DN 1 + 2 this would rival the Doom 3 BFG Edition for awesomeness.
Someone asked me about the rewind thing on Twitter. What is it exactly? I'll look into it later but I didn't see anything

Grief.exe

The Doom 3 BFG edition was horrible though.

Downgrade in engine.
Removed the original Doom 3 from DD outlets.
No mods.

It was literally a disaster.

Someone asked me about the rewind thing on Twitter. What is it exactly? I'll look into it later but I didn't see anything

Look at your keybinds. If there is a key for rewinding, then its there.

I have no idea what it is though

Xavin

Neo Member
New indie royale bundle is up.

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People (steam)
Guns of Icarus Online (steam)
Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise (steam)
Delve Deeper + dlc (steam)
KRUNCH (drm free)

JaseC

New indie royale bundle is up.

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People (steam)
Guns of Icarus Online (steam)
Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise (steam)
Delve Deeper + dlc (steam)
KRUNCH (drm free)

As I noted in the Indie Bundle thread, Strong Bad hasn't been cheaper than $15 on Steam itself (Edit: since mid-2010), so the bundle is worth the asking price for it alone if you're at all interested in the game.

dani_dc

As I noted in the Indie Bundle thread, Strong Bad hasn't been cheaper than $15 on Steam itself, so the bundle is worth the asking price for it alone if you're at all interested in the game.

I'm pretty sure it went as low as $5 at some point of time, since I recall a friend buying it exactly because it was really cheap. I think it was quite a few years ago though.

Edit: Yup, it was on sale for $5 on July 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom