• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

dk_

Has someone already Dead Island in their library and feels free to give me a code? o_O Pleeeeaaaaase. ^^

I'm at work. :-(

dani_dc

Does anyone has the list with the amazon redeemable games on sale (where the code CAGROCKS can be used)?
I remember there was a list around but I can't seem to find it.

Ah, I didn't realise its release pre-dated Steamprices/Steam Sales. Anywho, it hasn't been more than half off since.

Yeah, it was just a minor observation really. I might pick up the pack myself since I didn't get the game at the time.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
OMG, I can't wait.

Can anyone comment on the beta? How much of the game is included? I'll jump in now if there's enough content.

If it is the same beta I played a month back, there are like 6 tracks and a multiplayer I never got to work.

Carm

Eh I wouldn't say $20 for extremely late ports of these game is a good value. It doesn't even include the Evolution dlc.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Eh I wouldn't say $20 for extremely late ports of these game is a good value. It doesn't even include the Evolution dlc.

I guess it all depends on the metric you use for value, but that's a lot of quality gaming for twenty bucks. I've only played Trials HD but I'd say it was easily worth that much alone.

Stop running CCleaner insert crap computer cleaning software here and deleting all your cookies like an idiot silly person.

Sorry to answer late, I was reinstalling my PC, I don't have CCleaner installed, it was a problem with Firefox.

Edit: No it's not working, I can't keep logged in on the steam page

So could someone please could check if it's a problem with Steam web page? I can't keep logged in, thank you

Trials (and any other Ubisoft game) with uPlay is a no buy for me. I've made exceptions in the past for this turd and GFWL but these days are over. Steamworks or DRM free or no money from me, basically.

Trials (and any other Ubisoft game) with uPlay is a no buy for me. I've made exceptions in the past for this turd and GFWL but these days are over. Steamworks or DRM free or no money from me, basically.

I'll buy it at 75% off because I fecking love Trials but silly DRM like UPlay and GFWL means I'll never buy a game at full price.

hylje

Kicking up Trials and uPlay showing up was a bit debbie downer.

Youtube uploader works pretty fine, but my computer seems to get on its knees with downsampling at 1920x1200. It's playable but not smooth. Also turning off vsync the screen tearing is disgusting.

Not sure if due settings or not, but it feels bit blurry? Might be due downsampling.

B1D2C920F1C1BCC6A2A88388E117CEF88FE9D166

yes, it's taken with shitty steam capture

edit: yup, blurry was due downsampling. running game in native resolution was much better.

ArjanN

Interesting what it says on the game page:

OPTIMIZED AND ENHANCED FOR PC

Trials Evolution: Gold Edition will be optimized and enhanced for the PC gaming platform. All of the features of its forerunners – from the in-game editor, player sharing of tracks, and global Leader Boards, will be re-integrated into the game in a way that fits the new platform.

"How can we word this so it doesn't sound like uPlay?"

I'll buy it at 75% off because I fecking love Trials but silly DRM like UPlay and GFWL means I'll never buy a game at full price.

That's what I did before but seeing how great games without that bullshit are released on a weekly basis, I can live without Ubisoft and EA games. GFWL is practically dead, luckily.

Interesting what it says on the game page:

"How can we word this so it doesn't sound like uPlay?"

rofl, priceless. I love marketing sometimes.

ShaneB

Sigh, so Trials leaderboards are all based around Uplay? meaning I'd have to add a bunch of uplay friends for just that nonsense? bleh :( My interest in Trials just nosedived, I really wanted to get it again on pc :(

1-D_FTW

I got into the earlier Trials beta and even though I hate uPlay with a pretty big passion, there's no way I can boycott this game. It's all a matter of determining my price point. Had it been 14.99, I'd probably have hit click by now.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
im gonna buy Trials for sure, but the leaderboards not being integrated into steam is fucking awful

I guess it's a good way to force people to use your redundant, unwanted app. Until now I had no reason to ever bother adding uPlay friends, but I don't want to miss out on a big part of the Trials experience, so I have no choice. I look forward to swapping times with the seven people on my uPlay buddy list.

Nabs

Just remember that you'll have to remove those friends if you ever plan on playing Ghost Recon FS in co-op. Yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom