• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
FFS .. I should put a fucking padlock on my credit card :/
Bought Trails :/

I'm trying to hold off, but it's only a matter of time until I give in. Between SimCity, Trials, and Resident Evil 6 I should be set for March...I'll just have to try and pretend that Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite don't exist.

Twinduct

I'm trying to hold off, but it's only a matter of time until I give in. Between SimCity, Trials, and Resident Evil 6 I should be set for March...I'll just have to try and pretend that Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite don't exist.

Luckily I have no interest in RE6 & Tomb Raider ...... but I forgot Bioshock is coming this month .... fuck ....

P.S Don't view the smooth trailer on the store page. You won't realize it then but you've already bought it by then :/

Aaaaaaaaaand Bioshock is bought. No more pre-orders for me!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The Trials beta ran like shit on my PC. It crashed to desktop every 5 or 10 minutes. It may be old, but if it can deal with Hitman Absolution and Max Payne 3 in a satisfactory way, I can't see why it should struggle with Trials.

I won't buy it even on a 90% off sale, however much I enjoyed the few moments when I could actually play it. Not getting a response after posting about the crashes in the beta forum only helped to seal the no-deal.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Someone else mentioned performance issues with the beta in a different thread. Troubling, since it would be very sad to see this port handled poorly. I'll find out for myself soon enough since I ended up preordering a moment ago.

The official forums aren't a very good source of info, but I see a few posts mentioning performance related issues. Others claim everything is "fine" but you never know.

TheNatural

My Member!
Are there any good online co-op beat em ups on Steam? I wish that SoR remake wasn't hammered by SEGA, if they got that up and running with online co-op, it would have been awesome.

Twinduct

Someone else mentioned performance issues with the beta in a different thread. Troubling, since it would be very sad to see this port handled poorly. I'll find out for myself soon enough since I ended up preordering a moment ago.

The official forums aren't a very good source of info, but I see a few posts mentioning performance related issues. Others claim everything is "fine" but you never know.

Admit it .. the video swayed you!
Will only check it out tomorrow. So hopefully I won't come bringing bad news :<

It seems that anybody saw my problem, here's again.

I went to the Steam Store Web Page, I logged in, I was asked for the code (Steam Guard Enabled), I checked the "Remember Me on this Computer" box, but after that, every time I close and launch Firefox, I need to log in again, I tried with Internet Explorer 9 and it's the same, I'm not using CCleaner (it's a Windows 7 clean installation). Does anyone is having this issue?

Salsa

some guy visited Valve recently, I think this wasnt there before:

GaBUUZsh.jpg

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Some random trivia: Runner 2 got patched. The splash screen that explains the autosave now says "Don't turn off the computer" instead of "console".

Some quick comparison shots:

Size said:
Compressed
iVyt6oaOIPJFy.jpg

Uncompressed
isUGAoxo7Cf5n.png

Compressed
i0xjNL36isXF8.jpg

Uncompressed
iyj3Ztt9Qrguw.png

Also I have a steam key for Delve Deeper up for grabs.
Send a PM to get it.

EDIT: Whoops! I also have a steam key for Guns of Icarus Online.
You can get your hands on that game, if you send me a PM.

Grief.exe

Is Microsoft planning a huge bombardment on Steam?

Well GFWL is effectively dead.

The last major publisher has dropped the service almost entirely, Capcom.

The last 3 Microsoft Published games on PC have been Steamworks.

Halo 1-3, Fez, AoE2, and Dust all rumored/confirmed to be coming to Steam.

Lets do this.

Nillansan

Well GFWL is effectively dead.

The last major publisher has dropped the service almost entirely, Capcom.

The last 3 Microsoft Published games on PC have been Steamworks.

Halo 1-3, Fez, AoE2, and Dust all rumored/confirmed to be coming to Steam.

Lets do this.

Add Ms. Splosion Man to that and quite possibly Lococycle. It seems like we have some interesting times ahead of us.

A friend got me this shortly after I inquired what the hell kind of game he was playing because the name was eye catching. I played a bit but I'm holding out for that controller patch. Outside of the keyboard-only input I really liked what I played of it so far.

Yep, that game is really fun, but is hard to play with a keyboard...

It's also a little bit annoying that it's still a flash game.

HoosTrax

Freaking UBI I swear to god...

Why in the world do I need to enable Vista SP2 compatibility mode to play R.U.S.E., a game that came out in 2010, on a Windows 7 PC? Ugh and now it's asking me for an Ubi account login to continue...like I actually log into my Ubi account often enough to remember what my username and password are?

A friend got me this shortly after I inquired what the hell kind of game he was playing because the name was eye catching. I played a bit but I'm holding out for that controller patch. Outside of the keyboard-only input I really liked what I played of it so far.

They have one more day until their two week patch promise is broken!

Joe Molotov

Why in the world do I need to enable Vista SP2 compatibility mode to play R.U.S.E., a game that came out in 2010, on a Windows 7 PC? Ugh and now it's asking me for an Ubi account login to continue...like I actually log into my Ubi account often enough to remember what my username and password are?

Ubisoft doesn't believe you're a real gamer unless you're willing to suffer for it.

Lizardus

Relax.MX

Thanks to Xelios for the Dead Island key! I confirm, works in Mexico I guess this keys are only for all America.

AoE2? I need that!! Too many memories :)

Blizzard

Banned
Has anyone tried Star Conflict yet? It's a free-to-play MMO, but appears to involve space flight (maybe combat?), eventually controlling fleets, and stuff. It looks interesting, but I'm generally avoid MMO's, and I guess I rarely try F2P stuff for that matter.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Has anyone tried Star Conflict yet? It's a free-to-play MMO, but appears to involve space flight (maybe combat?), eventually controlling fleets, and stuff. It looks interesting, but I'm generally avoid MMO's, and I guess I rarely try F2P stuff for that matter.

I tried it briefly. It's world of tanks with spaceships. The combat isn't very interesting since the ship guns have a 360 degree of rotation so there is no dogfighting, you just circle each other holding LMB till someone dies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Dang, it's great having Trials HD on PC. But the performance is pretty bad, especially in the Evolution stages. It was 60fps at times but often dropped half that and even around 15fps at the lowest. It should run maxed 60fps on anything.

Also, uPlay sucks.

Also, have the Trials HD tracks been remade with the Evolution engine? Because they don't feel the same.

Addnan

Bought trials, tried to use the key in uplay and tried activating a couple of time and kept giving me a code is not correct, eventually gave me a temp ban :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom