• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

I underlined the one's confirmed or out. If i missed anything let me know. btw does gaf have a cross line to the middle?
Yes, it's [ strike ] [ /strike ]

However, I don't see the point of things like La Mulana, Yogventure, and Octodad being on there -- those were Greenlight games so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that they're in the registry.

Deques

Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition
Super House of Dead Ninjas
Dyad
Retro/Grade
La-Mulana
The Splatters
Octodad: Dadliest Catch Beta
Fez
LucasArts Test App
Fast and Furious 6
Lococycle
Yogventures!
Hardware
Hardware (Demo)
Cut the Rope
Shadow Warrior Complete
Hardware (VIP)
Hardware (Internal)
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII
Resident Evil: Revelations
THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 UNLIMITED MATCH
THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98 ULTIMATE MATCH

Quantum Conundrum 2
Halo 3
Halo 2
Halo: Combat Evolved
The Witness
Angry Birds Space
Angry Birds Seasons
Second Life

I underlined the one's confirmed or out. If i missed anything let me know. btw does gaf have a cross line to the middle?

Three KoF games? Nice

Wok

Man, Valve would've thought they were really sneaky if that list hadn't leaked out.

A sudden release of Fez in March without any leak would have been incredibly sneaky. I hope Valve decides to make something like a two-week long possibility to pre-order the game, as for Brutal Legend. I feel a new special Fez hat is obligatory, one without glasses would look better.

Feb 02: the registry entry is detected
Feb 13: the store page is up for preorder
Feb 26: the game is released

If i missed anything let me know.

You forgot some games:
  • 214550 ValveTestApp214550 (Eets Munchies)
  • 208750 ValveTestApp208750 (Apotheon)
  • 206190 ValveTestApp206190 (Gunpoint)
  • 205020 ValveTestApp205020 (Lume 2)
  • 202330 ValveTestApp202330 (The Adventures of Tintin: The Game)
  • 115800 ValveTestApp115800 (Owlboy)
  • 95400 ValveTestApp95400 (Ibb and Obb)
  • 94400 ValveTestApp94400 (Nidhogg)

Just putting word out to see if anyone is interested in a Sonic & All stars racing transformed 4 pack.

I've PM'd 2 GAF members who seemed to have missed a fourpack but I'm sure there are a bunch more hiding in the ranks, so let yourself be known and we can all get into some of the best kart racing to hit pc.

Rafy

Don't hate me but damn Microsoft for making it $20, that's too much imo, any four packs going around?

I kind of have to agree with you. I think I'll give priority to the indie bundles and AB:Space this time around.
I'll pick it up next week or during easter. Speaking of which is there an easter sale? (I'll check the OP as well.)

Daellon

Neo Member
Is it sad how excited I am for Fez on Steam? I've wanted to play that game for ages, but (self-professed Sony fanboy--but really an elitist PC'er) don't want an Xbox.

I mean, I literally almost shouted out an exclimation at work I was so psyched to read that.

nexen

Is it sad how excited I am for Fez on Steam? I've wanted to play that game for ages, but (self-professed Sony fanboy--but really an elitist PC'er) don't want an Xbox.

I mean, I literally almost shouted out an exclimation at work I was so psyched to read that.

I'm with you. I have an xbox but I don't buy from XBLA anymore, for a variety of reasons.

AoE II just broke into top sellers on Steam, already at number 8 and I'm sure it will keep moving up.

Definitely a WOLOLO day. I'll probably be getting this during the mandatory Steam sale. I already have it in retail but wouldn't mind to have a Steammable copy to go achievement hunting or something for the lulz

DAT LIST. THY TRUTH.

I wonder how long before a GAF meltdown if we spot Bayonetta, Vanquish, Dragon's Dogma and a couple others? (Although I would kill for the next Armored Core being on PC too, god dammit, FROM, make it happen, your mechs demand 60fps.)

Man, people think 20 bucks is too much for AOEII? The game is huuuuge, and it's not like the boxed copies of Gold you can find in Wal-Marts and such are any replacement. Installing the game on Windows XP and above typically yields corrupted colors, wonky stretching, multiplayer de-syncs...

nexen

Man, people think 20 bucks is too much for AOEII? The game is huuuuge, and it's not like the boxed copies of Gold you can find in Wal-Marts and such are any replacement. Installing the game on Windows XP and above typically yields corrupted colors, wonky stretching, multiplayer de-syncs...

20 bucks is waaaay too much for AOE2 for me. I've already played it to death and only really want it for a nostalgia romp.

heh, it's Top 4 in the Top Sellers right now. I guess they are just a very vocal minority.

edit: having said that, I'm not kidding anyone. I already played it to death too and will be getting it during the mandatory sale :p

Daellon

Neo Member
I wonder how long before a GAF meltdown if we spot Bayonetta, Vanquish, Dragon's Dogma and a couple others? (Although I would kill for the next Armored Core being on PC too, god dammit, FROM, make it happen, your mechs demand 60fps.)

I, personally, would freak out.

Completely.

Edit: I feel the same as some of the others about the possibility of Dragon's Dogma getting a port once Dark Arisen releases April 23rd. If not, I'll probably break down and buy it for PS3.

At which point it will probably come out on Steam and I'll end up with yet another game double-dip. <sigh>

Giggzy

I have a few questions for my fellow pc gamers;

Do you enable vsync on every game? Or only if you're getting tearing? And if you don't use vsync do you put a cap on your fps so it's not jumping all around?

Salsa

Do you enable vsync on every game? Or only if you're getting tearing? And if you don't use vsync do you put a cap on your fps so it's not jumping all around?

if I dont lock the framerate in some way my 680 starts to squeal like crazy whenever it reaches 200+fps on a menu or something

so I tend to use V-sync in everything

otherwise I still lock the framerate to 60

nexen

I never turn on vsync unless I notice tearing or the unstable framerate is bugging me.
The former happens far more than the latter but when the latter hits it is really annoying and can even make me motion sick.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

Vsync at 60hz is usually a recipe for input lag. I typically only use it if there's tearing.

Vsync at 120+ hz, on the other hand, is awesome. I use that all the time.

I never turn on vsync for any reason ever, don't give no shits about tearing gimme dat lagless input.

Unless the game is complete shit and needs it for one reason or another. Hitman Blood Money has collision detection bugs with vsync off, couldn't finish the second mission because of an arbitrary invisible wall near the end when vsync was off. Prototype is another, timing in that game's fucked without vsync; start an event and it'll take 30 seconds for the timer to count down from 3.

Salsa

most competent first person shooters today have very little noticeable mouse lag with Vsync that would only truly bother you on multiplayer

and then there's stuff like the Syndicate PC port, jesus christ

Giggzy

Good to know. Thanks for the responses.

I generally play with vsync off, but I get really annoyed when I see my fps jumping around, even if I can't feel it in the gameplay. I like knowing its locked at a certain frame rate and not fluctuating. Mild OCD I guess.

Nillansan

I think the main problem with Dark Souls using GFWL was more to do with From not being accustomed to PC development and having prior knowledge of how to get online functionality working with Microsoft's system. I think one of the points raised in the petition is that people didn't want it to be on GFWL. Not sure if I've read that somewhere or if I'm pulling it my arse but sounds logical as they were on quite a tight time frame and budget to get in out the door.

The actual petition doesn't mention anything about GFWL, but the main petition thread was ripe with requests for Steamworks integration. People started to freak out (understandably) when it dawned upon them that GFWL implementation was a real possibility, which resulted in a separate petition.

VALIS

Just putting word out to see if anyone is interested in a Sonic & All stars racing transformed 4 pack.

I've PM'd 2 GAF members who seemed to have missed a fourpack but I'm sure there are a bunch more hiding in the ranks, so let yourself be known and we can all get into some of the best kart racing to hit pc.

Yes, I would. This still going?

Primal Carnage is on sale
http://store.steampowered.com/app/215470/

Mh not sure if want

KRigjae.jpg

must... stay... strong...

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
most competent first person shooters today have very little noticeable mouse lag with Vsync that would only truly bother you on multiplayer

and then there's stuff like the Syndicate PC port, jesus christ
I found the vsync in BF3 and Crysis 3 to be unusable at 60hz. The lag was horrific. Maybe I'm just sensitive to it.

Dr Dogg

why thank you! It's sitting comfortably in the "bronze" playlist right now with only 23 downloads! Thank you Ubisoft for your shitty multiplayer settup

Well credit where credits due. Couldn't get my head around sculpting buildings but then again I stupidly got in PS3 due to mates wanting to play co-op and then stiffing me and not buying it.

The actual petition doesn't mention anything about GFWL, but the main petition thread was ripe with requests for Steamworks integration. People started to freak out (understandably) when it dawned upon them that GFWL implementation was a real possibility, which resulted in a separate petition.

Ah right didn't know that. Thanks.

I've scanned the past few pages, but is there any news on System Shock 2 yet? I've already bought it on GOG but I want Steam cheevos!

Also, as for Sim City 4 being 17th in the Steam charts, it has been higher than that regularly for months! Nothing to do with Sim City's failure-riddled launch and everything to do with hype and excitement making people buy 4 to tide them over. Although I guess now it could be due to the server issue...

I've scanned the past few pages, but is there any news on System Shock 2 yet? I've already bought it on GOG but I want Steam cheevos!

Also, as for Sim City 4 being 17th in the Steam charts, it has been higher than that regularly for months! Nothing to do with Sim City's failure-riddled launch and everything to do with hype and excitement making people buy 4 to tide them over. Although I guess now it could be due to the server issue...

Ah, I see, I should've known that the hype for the new game would drive sales for the older one. I guess if it climbs some spots we now know the reason!

Grief.exe

I haven't seen any news or a steam database entry pop up yet.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
If you are a low-tier intellectually-challenged casual who has enjoyed this generation of games overall like me: Tomb Raider is pretty damn entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom