• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so glad I grabbed Sonic I-Never-Remember-What-Goes-Here Transformed the other day, when it was on sale at GetGames. SO GOOD.

Also, a big thank you to HoosTrax, without whose help I would never have learned how to get the starting boost in that game, among other tips. Of course, that doesn't mean I can actually get it (I can't), only that I know how to.

And consider my hype for Sonic Generations increased a lot. It has gone to the 3rd place in my priority list, right after Runner 2 (the game I'm currently playing) and Brütal Legend. I'll probably alternate between it and Sonic INRWGH Transformed.

inky

^It's a survival game. It has crafting and an open world (kind of like Minecraft, but not exactly) and tech trees that you build up by discovering recipes and such. It's very interesting.

Sajjaja

^It's a survival game. It has crafting and an open world (kind of like Minecraft, but not exactly) and tech trees that you build up by discovering recipes and such. It's very interesting.

I watched TB's video of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRFwuo88bDo

It looked pretty cool, added to my wishlist!

Not quite sure what it's seeking to do. I've been eying it for a while since I love the art style, but I don't know what it's end game is. What is going to be the factor that keeps me coming back?

Don't know whether to bite or not.

Salsa

this would be so perfect right now

rUvSn7L.jpg

If NBA 2K10 and 11 are any indication*, the lowest it'll ever go -- on Steam, at least -- is $10.

* 2K10 did go lower ($2, in fact), but this was an isolated incident (and presumably a mistake) that occurred over two years ago.

So then he need to wait until it hits $10, also he won't play it right now!

JaseC thank you for that information :)

But did you complete any of the countless games that don't have achievements? I have a category called "cleared or with 100%" where I put everything I finish and take out of the backlog. By "finish" in most cases I mean reaching the end but in other cases, like shmups, I count the 1 credit clear in at least the standard mode (ie: Jamestown, which I also cleared in Judgement using continues, or Satazius or Ether Vapor) or finishing the story mode in something like Dead Space 1 & 2 or Silent Hill Homecoming. Whatever to trim down the bloody backlog!

I coined the "Steam Library Enlargement" with all the bundles, Steam sales and such.

I did the Wasted on Steam test. Proud to see my most played game is Dark Souls. That's one that doesn't count to the "completed" counter but I 100% the bloody thing and cleared the game 3 times. Probably starting a NG+++ or a new character soon.

Checking on my library I think I finished some of those games, maybe 6 of them. But out of my top 10 played games I finished only one.

Deques

Gamesgate got a deal for Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - Four Pack

I host one if I get enough people who are interesting, $11.25 each

1. Me
2. catabarez
3. You
4. You

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
mmmmm... irrational desire... *continues not even playing the great games he has*

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Streaming is kinda forcing me to go back and play a lot of the games stuck to backlog. Jamestown and Legend of Grimrock are really, really good :eek:

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I have those. Hmnmmm... *does nothing*

Jamestown is a lot easier to just start up and play. If you have some friends, even better. The game takes like every type of control method. Even one mouse and one keyboard can be used for two players.

Nillansan

What are some essential mods for The Witcher 1? I thought it would be better to play the first part before The Witcher 2.

I played the Enhanced Version without any mods, I enjoyed it tremendously. I am not aware of any mods that will drastically improve the experience. I think the game is more than capable of standing on its own.

Dr Dogg

What are some essential mods for The Witcher 1? I thought it would be better to play the first part before The Witcher 2.

I would say you'd be better getting someone to constantly reassure you it gets better when you get past the first area. Tried to get into it 4 or 5 times and it was just so dull but finally persevered and the game suddenly opened up. It may look and play pretty bad by today's standards but it's a great world to get lost in and there's tons to do.

I played the Enhanced Version without any mods, I enjoyed it tremendously. I am not aware of any mods that will drastically improve the experience. I think the game is more than capable of standing on its own.

I would say you'd be better getting someone to constantly reassure you it gets better when you get past the first area. Tried to get into it 4 or 5 times and it was just so dull but finally persevered and the game suddenly opened up. It may look and play pretty bad by today's standards but it's a great world to get lost in and there's tons to do.
Alrighty I'll give it a shot

Wynnebeck

Banned
Ok, I'm tearing my hair out. This is the third time I'm having to re-download Tomb Raider from 0% on Steam. First time it got to 60% and then for some odd reason started back at 0% so I let it go overnight while I slept. I just woke up and it went back down to 0% again and stopped. It's now downloading again and I'm getting slow speeds. What's the location everyone else uses? Ukraine? I'm using Washington D.C.

Ok, I'm tearing my hair out. This is the third time I'm having to re-download Tomb Raider from 0% on Steam. First time it got to 60% and then for some odd reason started back at 0% so I let it go overnight while I slept. I just woke up and it went back down to 0% again and stopped. It's now downloading again and I'm getting slow speeds. What's the location everyone else uses? Ukraine? I'm using Washington D.C.

are you maxed out on HD space? I've had something similar where an update just kept downloading itself because there wasn't enough space.

Zia

What's the likelihood of all of the BioShock Infinite preorder bonuses being unlocked? I've been sitting on a gift card with the game's name on it, but XCOM and the TF2 items are very tempting.

Isaccard

What's the likelihood of all of the BioShock Infinite preorder bonuses being unlocked? I've been sitting on a gift card with the game's name on it, but XCOM and the TF2 items are very tempting.

I'll wait for Hats to be unlocked before pre-purchasing. I already have X-COM

To answer your question, in all likely hood they will all be unlocked.

Wynnebeck

Banned
are you maxed out on HD space? I've had something similar where an update just kept downloading itself because there wasn't enough space.

Shouldn't be. I have 2 1TB drives in my PC and I know the download folder for Steam is connected to the first one so I have space. It's just really frustrating.

It looks like Valve will be selling game time for MMOs soon. 30 days, 60 days, 3 months, 6 months, and 12 month subs for EVE Online are listed in the registry.

Grief.exe

100%

No game has ever failed to unlock, and both the business model and past evidence would support the theory.

We are watching Defiance closely to see of this holds true.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It looks like Valve will be selling game time for MMOs soon. 30 days, 60 days, 3 months, 6 months, and 12 month subs for EVE Online are listed in the registry.

I wonder what this means for game counts. Will it go up by one for every game time sub you buy?

Bumhead

Banned
Tried playing BioShock last night, the version I got from pre-ordering Infinite at GMG.

The game boots but it's unplayable on my Windows 7 rig. It boots and goes through the start up sequence, but as soon as it gets to the main menu, the resolution becomes all distorted and I'm unable to click anything. The mouse icon is visible but I can't access any of the menu's and the whole thing is unresponsive, almost as if it doesn't really exist. I have to open the task manager and close it down every time.

I've tried changing the permissions of the .exe file to run in Windows Vista but that's not solved anything.

Anyone had any similar problems? I didn't expect a current generation game to appear so hopelessley incompatible with my current rig.

Grief.exe

Just read a Don't Starve preview over at VG247.

If you’re a fan of Minecraft, DayZ, Terraria or Dark Souls then you owe it to yourself to try out the free Don’t Starve beta on Chrome. You’ll experiment, explore and then die, but the incredible, overpowering sense of gratification that comes with each new milestone will keep you coming back for more.

I better pick up this game now. Those games are some of my favorite games!

Preview: http://www.vg247.com/2013/03/07/dont-starve-surviving-kleis-sandbox-from-hell/

Tried playing BioShock last night, the version I got from pre-ordering Infinite at GMG.

The game boots but it's unplayable on my Windows 7 rig. It boots and goes through the start up sequence, but as soon as it gets to the main menu, the resolution becomes all distorted and I'm unable to click anything. The mouse icon is visible but I can't access any of the menu's and the whole thing is unresponsive, almost as if it doesn't really exist. I have to open the task manager and close it down every time.

I've tried changing the permissions of the .exe file to run in Windows Vista but that's not solved anything.

Anyone had any similar problems? I didn't expect a current generation game to appear so hopelessley incompatible with my current rig.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Bioshock

Really hope they get SWTOR.

Have you played that game? Its pretty bad.

Just read a Don't Starve preview over at VG247.

I better pick up this game now. Those games are some of my favorite games!

Preview: http://www.vg247.com/2013/03/07/dont-starve-surviving-kleis-sandbox-from-hell/

The game is really good and addictive. I haven't played that much (I have so many other things to play), but my girlfriend managed to play 30 hours or so in a few days...

BTW, buy it on the dev website. They give you 2 Steam keys, and also 2 keys for the Chrome store.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I should play more Don't Starve, I've had it since January. Aside from the weird art it didn't seem to do anything very special as a survival/craft game, but it had a lot of room to grow. Looks like they've already added a lot since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom