• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Any decent new games coming soon? Growing tired of Sim city + football manager. I've had 30 quid in credit sitting in my account for a while now.

Pick up Bioshock Infinite, comes in a couple weeks.

You get Bioshock 1, Infinite, and Xcom with one preorder.

Age of Empires II HD is coming out April 5th, as Jase said.

Sword of the Stars: The Pit, cool little top down futuristic rogue like that just came out.

Don't Starve, nearing the end of its beta period. A survival-themed, topdown, roguelike.

Day Z should be entering its beta phase shortly.

Star Conflict, and interesting F2P space combat game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-lOWGFoMUU

Fez is looking like its getting a release sometime in the next month.

For Fez and Day Z I don't have any actual information, just been following the steam database entries and they are getting updated frequently.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Sleeping Dogs DLC bundle is slightly more expensive than purchasing the items individually. Good show, Squeenix!

Yeah, instead of trying to figure out which DLC you already own. Squeenix gives you the opportunity to get it all at once and relieve headaches!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so i installed that chrome addon and looked at my total spent on steam

I can never buy games again

FYC

Banned
You can buy topless women to be your "companion" in Age of Conan from the item shop using real money.

This game is weird. Combat is pretty fun though.

xJavonta

Banned

image.php

Prodigal

Banned
Is the Tropico 4 bundle worth it over the vanilla game? Only a few bucks more but I've never played the serious before so I'm not sure if I need all the extra shit.

Persona7

Banned
Does anyone know the process to change a steam password?

Do I need to confirm anything via my email to complete the process? I can't remember how it went last time I did it.

I am going to change my password but I need to remote into my computer to do so.

Nabs

Pick up Bioshock Infinite, comes in a couple weeks.

You get Bioshock 1, Infinite, and Xcom with one preorder.

Age of Empires II HD is coming out April 5th, as Jase said.

Sword of the Stars: The Pit, cool little top down futuristic rogue like that just came out.

Don't Starve, nearing the end of its beta period. A survival-themed, topdown, roguelike.

Day Z should be entering its beta phase shortly.

Star Conflict, and interesting F2P space combat game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-lOWGFoMUU

Fez is looking like its getting a release sometime in the next month.

For Fez and Day Z I don't have any actual information, just been following the steam database entries and they are getting updated frequently.

Fez was released on XBLA in April 2012. 1 year exclusive? Seems likely.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does anyone know the process to change a steam password?

Do I need to confirm anything via my email to complete the process?

Steam -> Settings -> Change password or secret question... -> I want to change my password -> Enter your current password -> Check e-mail for confirmation code -> Enter a new password.

Sajjaja

So guys, I'm gonna explore Garry's Mod finally. What are the popular mods/game modes for it? I know of Trouble in Terrorist Town, but nothing else. What do you do in it D:

FYC

Banned
So guys, I'm gonna explore Garry's Mod finally. What are the popular mods/game modes for it? I know of Trouble in Terrorist Town, but nothing else. What do you do in it D:

Along with Zombie Survival, Morbus and Deathrun come to mind.

Nabs

So I bought Max Payne 3 during today's sale. YAY!

I tried to play it just now and it "failed to contact key server". Thanks Valve.

I'm guessing you'll get your key tomorrow when Rockstar sends more over. It looks like this has been an issue for the last day or two.

Salsa

finished Bioshock

aged pretty bad in some areas, but it's still great

last boss as shitty as ever though

also there are no credits? weird. Ending cinematic and it threw me right back at the splash intro screen. How anticlimatic.

edit: took me 12 hours btw, and I was pretty straightforward. I remembered it shorter..

zkylon

zkylewd
also there are no credits? weird. Ending cinematic and it threw me right back at the splash intro screen. How anticlimatic.
Yup, I still don't get why they didn't put end credits after the last boss. It's just so abrupt.

Also you're fast, I haven't even finished Minerva's Den...

Salsa

Yup, I still don't get why they didn't put end credits after the last boss. It's just so abrupt.

Also you're fast, I haven't even finished Minerva's Den...

I played like fucking 8 hours today. Lazy sunday

im gonna install 2 but I dont know if I could handle a replay of that without getting completely burnt out, wich could affect my will to play Infinite

Grief.exe

Anyone know this user Fai†h? Second time he sent a friend request.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198081239627

Yep.

Hes likely trying to buy one of your Dota 2 items.

He messaged me because one of my friends had an item he wanted.

Its funny how this guy is so persistent.

EDIT: Which is weird because it shows that you don't have any items in your inventory. http://steamcommunity.com/id/PowerNine/inventory

EDIT2: You have good taste. Top 5, KOTOR, Witcher 1, Deus Ex.

Yep.

Hes likely trying to buy one of your Dota 2 items.

He messaged me because one of my friends had an item he wanted.

Its funny how this guy is so persistent.

EDIT: Which is weird because it shows that you don't have any items in your inventory, or DOTA 2 for that matter. Do you want a beta invite?

EDIT2: You have good taste. Top 5, KOTOR, Witcher 1, Deus Ex.
I have Dota 2. I don't have anything from Dota 2 in my inventory. I guess he just collects stuff?

zkylon

zkylewd
I played like fucking 8 hours today. Lazy sunday

im gonna install 2 but I dont know if I could handle a replay of that without getting completely burnt out, wich could affect my will to play Infinite
Well, I had the experience of playing Dead Space then watching all its movies and let's plays of the games on consoles I didn't have, prior to DS2 and that totally killed it for me by the time it was released, so if I were you I'd just catch up on wikipedia or something.

There's a good two weeks before the release, so maybe you can do it on another lazy sunday or sum'thin.

Grief.exe

I have Dota 2. I don't have anything from Dota 2 in my inventory. I guess he just collects stuff?

I think he buys keys for very cheap, then trades for keys, then sells the items on the market for a profit.

Well, I had the experience of playing Dead Space then watching all its movies and let's plays of the games on consoles I didn't have, prior to DS2 and that totally killed it for me by the time it was released, so if I were you I'd just catch up on wikipedia or something.

There's a good two weeks before the release, so maybe you can do it on another lazy sunday or sum'thin.

I've had a rigorous plan in place to avoid burn out before Bioshock Infinite.

Haven't played any shooters in 2013.
No prequels, SS2, Bioshock, Bioshock 2.
No in depth research into the game. I'm not seeking out every preview and video on the internet.

Dr Dogg

No in depth research into the game. I'm not seeking out every preview and video on the internet.

I'm doing this with great effect so far this year. Going in dark to titles you're after at least makes you want to give them the benefit of the doubt if they turn out to be not what you expected. *Looks at Tomb Raider on the shelf* Hmmmmm?

zkylon

zkylewd

Where's the fun in that?

Actually playing the game?

Pffft

Salsa

my desire to play Bioshock 2, more than to "catch up", actually comes from the fact that ive been wanting to replay it for a while, and I feel like it might be harder to do after Infinite.

Idk, we'll see

L00P

Never really liked GTA-kind of games, but from the demo I played, Sleeping Dogs is very fun! I would have bought it ages ago if I knew it had Arkham-style fighting mechanics

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

zkylon

zkylewd
my desire to play Bioshock 2, more than to "catch up", actually comes from the fact that ive been wanting to replay it for a while, and I feel like it might be harder to do after Infinite.

Idk, we'll see
From Minerva's Den I find the whole Little and Big Sister mechanics to be really enjoyable, just setting traps, arming up, etc., for uber fights is really cool.

Again, one lazy sunday is all it takes.

Minerva's Den so far is good, I've played it like 3 hours (I'm taking it pretty slow I think) and it's nothing too crazy, just more Bioshock. I'm curious as to why people rave about it so much really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom